This team is so d*** frustrating

i dont necessarily agree with that. but maybe a gradual implementation when he has the players that are better suited for that system. he has now introduced that offense. i dont think he should junk it. i think he should modify it to utilize the talent he has now or use it at appropriate matchup scenarios when full use of it would obviously work.

as we get higher quality and quanity of effective bigs, you go back to it gradually.

but to say that old school vs new school isnt really accurate. it all comes down to the personell involved on both sides. that is what is so puzzling. majerus is famous for adapting to the game and opponent at hand. now he wont? doesnt make sense.

I'll admit, the situation that we are in is really puzzling to me. I won't question Majerus' pedigree as a coach, but I do think that certain changes are in order.

I disagree. You get done with the growing pains this year. One of the big problems with learning the systems this year is the fact that there are no players to help newcomers to the systems to learn them. I don't want to go through any of this again next year. Pay the price this year.

What makes you think we won't have these same growing pains next year when we have at least 5 new (freshmen) players and possibly as many as 7? Will TL and KL will be able to guide the new guys so well that the learning curve will be less?

What makes you think we won't have these same growing pains next year when we have at least 5 new (freshmen) players and possibly as many as 7? Will TL and KL will be able to guide the new guys so well that the learning curve will be less?

I think having at least four guys around that have run the system before is a huge advantage. Nobody on this roster had played this system before and it is killing us so far.

Majerus's first year at Ball State the team struggled to finish 14-14. His second year they finished 29-3. Bernie brought this up earlier today, but I thought it needed to be repeated here.

I think having at least four guys around that have run the system before is a huge advantage. Nobody on this roster had played this system before and it is killing us so far.

Majerus's first year at Ball State the team struggled to finish 14-14. His second year they finished 29-3. Bernie brought this up earlier today, but I thought it needed to be repeated here.

brain again, i never said forget the system. i said modify it, or use it 100% when the matchups dictate.

and as was pointed out, the freshmen (remember majerus said could be as many as 8) will go through it again next year. and what makes you think that lisch, liddell, and whomever else is still around wont remember what was went over if it is used appropriately or modified this year?

as 3 star said, this is basketball, not rocket science. anyone that played the level of basketball that d-1 players have played have been around different sets, styles, formations, etc. it isnt all that hard to conform back and forth. if it was, majerus wouldnt have been able to put special offenses and defenses in to win separate games in his utah march to the finals as he did each game that season.

brain again, i never said forget the system. i said modify it, or use it 100% when the matchups dictate.

and as was pointed out, the freshmen (remember majerus said could be as many as 8) will go through it again next year. and what makes you think that lisch, liddell, and whomever else is still around wont remember what was went over if it is used appropriately or modified this year?

as 3 star said, this is basketball, not rocket science. anyone that played the level of basketball that d-1 players have played have been around different sets, styles, formations, etc. it isnt all that hard to conform back and forth. if it was, majerus wouldnt have been able to put special offenses and defenses in to win separate games in his utah march to the finals as he did each game that season.

Im not saying this is why our offense looks this bad but this quote was kind of interesting. Hopefully they will start to grasp it a little better come conference play.

“This is our 11th game in 33 days with four days off and four road games,” SLU coach Rick Majerus said. “You don’t work on anything. You just try to prepare to play. It is what it is. I’m giving them off tomorrow and I’m giving them off Tuesday because we have an exam-week game. We have a tough game in the middle of exam week and at the end of exam week we have a game. It’s the most craziest scheduling"

I just think you better be set with your basic systems before you do that. I think it is going to get better here before most people do. I think the price we have paid so far will be well worth it before the year is done.

I just think you better be set with your basic systems before you do that. I think it is going to get better here before most people do. I think the price we have paid so far will be well worth it before the year is done.

i think the stick exactly to the system wont be a success until miller, doleac, van horne, jensen and matta get here and are junior's and seniors. btw, i think/hope we signed their clones last month.

i think the stick exactly to the system wont be a success until miller, doleac, van horne, jensen and matta get here and are junior's and seniors. btw, i think/hope we signed their clones last month.

He didn't exactly have those guys at Ball state and they went 29-3.

I completely agree. It certainly seems as if Rick has said we are implementing my system and I don't care about the result. Actually, I take that back....that is EXACTLY what he said. We all heard it and talked about it for a week. But I don't think any of us thought these would be the consequences. I hope RM decides winning is more important and implementing "his system". Like you've been saying, if this system is so hard to learn and so player dependent, we can assume that we will not be able to do anything with it until the 2010 season (i.e. the only players who can succeed in it is our new recruits and it will take them a year to adjust). As you say, I think he should BEGIN to implement it this year along with a game plan that works for THIS team.

I completely agree. It certainly seems as if Rick has said we are implementing my system and I don't care about the result. Actually, I take that back....that is EXACTLY what he said. We all heard it and talked about it for a week. But I don't think any of us thought these would be the consequences. I hope RM decides winning is more important and implementing "his system". Like you've been saying, if this system is so hard to learn and so player dependent, we can assume that we will not be able to do anything with it until the 2010 season (i.e. the only players who can succeed in it is our new recruits and it will take them a year to adjust). As you say, I think he should BEGIN to implement it this year along with a game plan that works for THIS team.

It took him one year to get rolling with this system at Ball St.. I think we will see tangible improvements by the GW game. I have been saying that for a couple weeks now, but most people are not that patient.

What a lot of people are forgetting is that fact that just maybe Sam Houston State has a pretty darn good team this year. Look at their remaining schedule. They could run the table this year. They're toughest games appear to be behind them. By the end of the year this may not look like a 'terrible' loss.

What a lot of people are forgetting is that fact that just maybe Sam Houston State has a pretty darn good team this year. Look at their remaining schedule. They could run the table this year. They're toughest games appear to be behind them. By the end of the year this may not look like a 'terrible' loss.

Did anyone watch the Boston College-Maryland game last night. BC played one he** of a game and beat Maryland at Maryland.

After watching that, I could understand the lopsided lost we suffered.