Brett Thompson Verbally Commits

Center

Vienna (IL) Vienna HS

Ht: 6-foot-11

Wt: 255 lbs

Class: 2008 (High School)

At 3:30 this afternoon Brett made his decision and called Coach Majeus and Coach Moser and told them that his choice for his academic and athletic career would be the Billikens.

Well congratulation on saving a ton of money on college tuition, go out and enjoy a few cold ones. We are thrilled to have your son in Rick's first recruiting class and hopefully he is the first of many talented players.

Out of curiousity, what were the chances of your son choosing SLU prior to the hire of Majerus?

this is really, really, really, really, really, great news!

Mr. T. -- tell your son that his news made my day. If you are looking for an extremely pro-athlete professor to ask about anything at SLU, give me a ring.

I predicted about a week ago that we would be getting some very encouraging verbals within a month or 2 but never in my dreams did I think we would get a top-100 prospect verballing within a week. To say the least, as one person already said -- this is immediate results from the hiring of Coach M.

buckle up for safety, buckle up! this will really be a fun ride!

>Center

>Vienna (IL) Vienna HS

>

>Ht: 6-foot-11

>Wt: 255 lbs

>Class: 2008 (High School)

>

>At 3:30 this afternoon Brett made his decision and called

>Coach Majeus and Coach Moser and told them that his choice

>for his academic and athletic career would be the Billikens.

That's huge to get the early verbal from a player of Brett's caliber. It helps build momentum for the pivotal '08 class. Thanks for sharing the info.

Great signing for RM and the SLU program. With Majerus' history on working with big men, Brett has the chance to become one of the premier big men not only in the A-10 but on a much larger scale. When was the last time SLU landed a big guy with this type of potential and ability? Good luck to Brett at SLU!!!