Dave Telep's Spring Top 100

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowel eligable for two years straight, baby. SLU is my second favorite school so I want them to do well. KU Football and Billikin Basketball are very simular. Both have the coaches to get to the next level. After years of just saying it both admin. are doing things to get to the next level. Both have just spent millions on a state of the art complex to compete. Sorry about the KU arrogance towards Suggs but when one of the big 5, KU, Duke, NC, KY, and UCLA want a player they get that player usually. Finally I can't wait for the new facility, first year KU at SLU national T.V. equals a nice pay day for both schools. Maybe this time you'll let us win.

Always remember the enemy (SLU) of my ememy (MU) is my friend.

Recruting kids to Kansas is like selling Beer to an alcoholic Rick Majerus

Positives

1) It broadens recruiting to the East Asia markets....Jersey, Raseda, Encino, and the So Cal Valleys.

2) Nobody breaks it down like Myiagi. Nobody.

3) Daniel LaRusso doens't have the size or speed, but he is a winner, and I like winners with toughness, and ability to learn and work on his game.

4) SLU is looking for a fight song. "You're the Best" is solid.

5) Allie would do wonders with the dance team and cheerleaders. Plus she would be a booster help with her family's Country Club set friends.

It's a clear no brainer.

I'm cracking up at my desk just thinking of SLU coming out to "You're the Best." Someone should make that happen. Just once.

Also, Myiagi could provide KL with that hand clap, warm hand compress whenever Kevin gets hurt.

I agree. This is a no brainer.

interesting foo for thought here. I did a quick glance through the listing of schools and of the ones NOT affiliated with major colleg efootball, these are the ones making mention: Bradley, DePaul, Xavier, Gonzaga, Marquette, Portland, Virginai Commonwealth, Charlotte, Appalachin State, Pepperdine, Montana, Duquesne, St. Joes, Saint louis, SIU, Davidson, Dayton, SE Mo State, Mo State, and Lousiana-Lafayette.

Some are only mentioned because they are close to home schools, which you'd have to list us as for Suggs, Thompson and even Brandenburg. But Bradnenburg listed Mo State and SIU and SE MO State so you'd throw them out as well. Some kid in NC listed Appalachin State and same with Davidson. Same for kids living out west listing Pepperdine and Montana and Portland. I'll leave Bradley, SIU and MO State in because others listed them but it is interesting tosee schools like Xavier, Dayton, St. Joe's and Duquesne in here. To me, that again seems to be proof that the A10 is jsut as respected, if not more, than the Valley shcools but I'm not looking for an argument.

What it shows is that there are only a few schools that can waltz around year after year and still maintain their lofty perch in the collegiate basketball world. All you have to do is whistle for these guys and that shows on these lists and on these commitments. Others, no so an the line for success versus failure is extremely small.

However, if I were anyone rooting for SEMO, aint' gonna happen just because Brandenburg lists you. I remember seeing that with some kid named Quentin Richardson out of Chicago with SLU. It snice, but it don't mean much. Nice to know however that Suggs, Brandenburg and Thompson and Swopeshire are all highly thought of. Wouldnt' that be nice.

Try to be best

‘Cause you’re only a man

And a man’s gotta learn to take it

Try to believe

Though the going gets rough

That you gotta hang tough to make it

History repeats itself

Try and you’ll succeed

Never doubt that you’re the one

And you can have your dreams!

You’re the best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down

You’re the Best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight ‘til the end

Cause your life will depend

On the strength that you have inside you

Ah you gotta be proud

starin’ out in the cloud

When the odds in the game defy you

Try your best to win them all

and one day time will tell

when you’re the one that’s standing there

you’ll reach the final bell!

You’re the best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ho-how-ho-own

INSPIRING GUITAR SOLO

You’re the best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight ‘til you drop

never stop

can’t give up

Til you reach the top (FIGHT!)

you’re the best in town (FIGHT!)

Listen to that sound

A little bit of all you got

Can never bring you down

You’re the best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

repeat to fade, occasional background shouts of “Oh Ye-eah!â€

>Must. Recruit. Billy. Zabka.

>

>Best non-werewolf available this late in the game.

>

>http://www.whoisdan.com/halloween/images/zabka.jpg

Johnny Lawrence? Not a chance, ever. Character issues. Repeated chances, and last ditch effort to make amends. He'd have to go prep school route and work on his character. Talented player, but I would pass. Would rather coach up someone of lesser skill such as Danielson's neighbor and friend Freddy Fernandez. He's a sleeper.

>

>What's the character's name that yells at Johnny to put

>larusso in a body bag?

Tommy yells body bag. Bobby is the one who is the one who is ordered to put Danielson out of commission so he wouldn't be able to fight in Championship.

And, for trivia buffs, Dutch, is the white blond-hair Cobra Kai fighter, who in reali life is none other than Chad McQueen, son of Steve.

The following is the video from the band No More Kings, name of the song is "Sweep the leg"....and many from the original cast are in it.

With this song, plus "You're the best"...and 1984 timeless classic "Cruel Summer" from the movie, the SLU band would have plenty of options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlQNtL8F9s

courtside i am really impressed by your karate kid knowledge!

i have been wondering if anyone has ever seen cheryl levick and elizabeth shue in the same room at the same time? if you think about it, shue hasnt been seen on screen in a long time and levick has risen up the a.d. ladder in that time frame......

as an insider courtside, any comments on the possibility that shue and levick are one and the same?

Bill Simmons, typical tunnel-visioned American with a lack of resepct for International training. And no wonder the U.S. National Hoops team has fallen behind.

The problem with Karate Kid II was the beginning. We are supposed to believe Ali ran off with some Frat guy? Please. She stuck by the Parsippany NJ/Reseda CA kid through all of that, and runs off with some meathead Frat dude? Really takes the sting out at beginning of the 2nd one. Of courese like any champion Daniel and Miyagi overcome these obstacles/adversity and take down another champion, and engage quality females along the way.

Simmons is right onabout the movie "Fast Break." Terrific, and I'd bet a lot of people haven't seen it. Check it out.