Who is our Fab 5 for 08?

ACE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

other than suggs and thompson, i am content to wait and see as i believe that majerus might reach up even higher than the local scene even as good as the local class is reputed to be.

The top pg prospect you desire will have to come from outside the area. This area's top point guard prospect will not be in play for SLU. If Roundtree is serious about his renewed interest in SLU, I would have replaced John with him.

My wish list (in order):

1. Scott Scuggs

2. Brett Thompson

3. John Brandenburg

4. Steve Moore

5. Torres Roundtree (if he reconsiders, if not see 6 below)

6. Some national or international recruit not yet on the Billikens.com radar

If Leon Powell is ready to go after one year at prep school he would be the #2 on my list. My local only list without Powell and Roundtree (in order):

1. Suggs

2. Thompson

3. Brandenburg

4. Perry

5. John

With Powell and Roundtree (in order):

1. Suggs

2. Powell

3. Thompson

4. Brandenburg

5. Roundtree

The only problem with that list is, who is going to handle the ball? All of our lists point out how hard it is to get a lot of hype if you play the point, yet that might be the most important position on the floor.

I expect RM to sign a PG either this year or next, but none of us list one in our Fab 5/6, probably because we don't know of any on SLU's radar. (Exception--I'm sure V has a complete list)

I like the call on Steve Moore. He isn't being recruited at quite the same level of Brandenburg but he's 6'9 235 and a legit rebounder and shot blocker.

I read that his KC Pump 'N Run teammate Marcus Denmon, a 6'2 combo guard who averaged 25+ ppg during the high school season had a very nice weekend at the Jayhawk Invitational. SLU was recruiting him pre-regime change. Hope it continues.

Jesse Perry seems like a great fit for a Majerus squad -- a 6'8 wing who can do a little bit of everything.

Brett Thompson plays a lot like Kevin Pittsnogle or to give a Majerus example, Michael Doleac before he muscled up. He's a 5 who can shoot it from the perimeter. He's too slow to play full-time at the 4.

in our next batch of recruits if not sooner. RM in his interview stated the obvious: The two most important positions are PF and PG in college hoops. You think he's going to completely ignore a PG. The only question is who will it be. By the way anyone think it's interesting he compared KL to Stockton....could we be seeing the transformation of KL into a PG this year?

This isn't like taking a chance on a 5'9" kid. Powell is a 6'7" stud who has the frame that should easily allow him to pack on muscle. He is the kind of player that use to always kill us in CUSA. If he has his grades together after a year at prep school you got to go after him.

It sort of rough to call McKinney a bust on the court. He was never a superstar at MU, but that had more to do with the staff at MU than anything else.

McKinney was listed as a top 50 recruit coming into Mizzou, and he ended up being more of a roll player than a star. Polk was listed as high as top 100 prior to being injured, and even though he has long since fully recovered from his injury he has even struggled to find his niche as a role player. Shelton was all-everything at Vashon and couldn't hack it at college. Justin Tatum and Nick Kern are examples of Vashon graduates with similar height and athleticism to Powell who couldn't hack it at college. I see Powell as a tweener in college who will probably struggle to adjust and survive as so many of his peers have before him. It is only my opinion, but I don't get excited at all about the prospect of recruiting him.

Good points nark, but wasn't Tatum a CBC grad with Larry Legend?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Tatum went to CBC. McKinney got messed up by the MU staff. They tended to have that happen to a lot of players in the Quinn era. Powell is far more talented than anyone else on the list and you would make sure his grades were in order before you signed him.