BE

AK/BH as neither will stay out of foul trouble

We need another Big at the 5 position-two scholarships left

pg and center?

Love what Majerus said-"I put these 4's in the NBA and I can

coach Barry Eberhart up."

>Lisch, Liddell, and Meyer are in the starting 5. No way

>relphorde beats out Meyer.

We will just have to see. This should be fun. I am expecting good things from Relphorde. It might make sense to bring Luke off the bench at the three and four.

Majerus doesn't miss an opportunity to remind people the players he has put in the NBA. I like it, get those wheels turning in a high school kids head. Majerus = NBA career

Don't be so certain. I have never seen Relphorde and most on this Board have not either - or at least have not seen much of him. We all have seen LM. He was our best 4 last year and I give LM great credit, am glad he is a Billiken and look forward to his contributions his senior year. At the same time, I can say, for sure, he is not a 4. While IV did not have the year we had hoped for, IV was a true 5 and did help hide some of LM's flaws playing the 4. Without IV (AK and BH), LM will get even more exposed.

LM has a role on this team and I am confident RM will use him. Am very curious to see how RM uses him. If Relephorde is a 4, he will easily beat out LM.

We've never seen Relphorde or Eberhardt but one thing is certain this year, Majerus will come into with a fresh set of eyes and there won't be an favoritism towards the veterans the way its been in the past. Not that they need any more incentive for their senior years but knowing that nothing is guaranteed can only make guys like LM and DP work harder this summer.

Is he fast enough to guard the 3; just think how good we could be if he is our first man off the bench-i thnk he could ignite us and still get 10-11 points a game-TL getting all those rebounds means our bigs didn't

Look at the work Luke did to become a 4, bulking up, working on his interior play. He averaged 5 boards and nearly double figures in points. He can play the wing and the 4.

Relphorde being a 4 is very wishful thinking. Maybe in the years to come but not in his first year of D-1 ball after playing mostly wing and point at HS and Prep. That is expecting way too much of him.

Luke will be in the starting 5 and get 30 plus minutes a night. Would not shock me if Polk beat out the newcomers and he was in the starting 5 a few times along with getting big minutes as well.

Maybe a highly touted guy, maybe a Suggs, or a Liddell could steal a starting spot from a senior Meyer but not Relphorde. Meyer is the hardest worker on the team. He will not get beat out and we will better for it. I say he goes for 12 and 6 next year.

Senior vs Frosh!

you guys are way off base if you think MR will start over LM. Could someone please tell me who offered MR before he signed with SLU. Now, will everyone please remember LM playing tough and being our BEST player at least 5 games last year. LM's defense is very underrated and when he guards the 3, he will be stronger than the opposing 3 every time. He is a returning senior who started almost all of last year.

MR is not Greg Oden. He will take his lumps like every other freshman and experience will win out even if, and thats a big if, MR has more talent then LM.

I am in the boat that it was our coach that lost a lot of games for us last year. We cannot get into thinking that we need to keep KL and TL and dump everyone else in order to improve our record with Majerus. If Majerus coached the team last year, we are definitely in the tournament and would have won at least 23 games. We are instantly better and signing Eberhart is much bigger than any of our other recuits for our success next season.

Our Starting 5 with be.

TL - 6'5

KL - 6'2

LM - 6'5

BM - 6'9

BH - 7'1

That is a big freaking line up and we will not be pushed around by anybody with that line up. DP coming off the bench for any of the 5 and that gives us a completely different look. One sub is all it is gonna take next year for us to convert from a strong, defensive line up, to a run-you-off-the-court line up.

Maybe overly-optimistic as always, but this is going to be the most exciting bball season since I have joined billiken nation (2003).

Nick

BE is 6' 7" and 250 according to his Juco numbers-if he was taller we would probably have him at the 5; I think you probably

either had a typo or saw the Josh Harellson info-he is supposed to be 6'9" and maybe as much as 265 but we may not be interested in JH

BM is a wide body that slumbers near the city and has been known to "write for the post"-don't know if he has college eligibility left or woud pass the ACT

There weren't any times that Meyer played in the post on offense. Ian did get double teamed but it was usually with some sort of zone being played or they would leave polk or brown open. Meyer didn't get many points off of double teams from Vouyoukas. As a matter of fact we were very poor at exploiting Ian's double teams. Meyer got his point by hustling and beating his man off the dribble or shooting contested jumpers.

"Would not shock me if Polk beat out the newcomers and he was in the starting 5 a few times..."

Um...what newcomers are threatening DP's position? True, a trickle down effect could cost DP his starting position, but i don't think DP is battling Mitchell, MR or BE for a starting position.

LM is a very good glue guy who thrived in Sodie's system because Sodie couldn't recruit a better player and rewarded loyalty. BE is 6'6 and 250 lbs...that's what he has that is better than LM.

He is, not for the same spot but he will get moved over if a BE plays well and gets the 4 or 5 spot or if relphorde plays well enough at the wing we would go with Liddell or Lisch at pg not polk.

Even if Soderberg could recruit I doubt if he can bring in a PF, either a frosh or juco transfer who could have averaged 10 and 5 like meyer did. He may be out of position but he is a quality player and a starter on this team somewhere no matter who we bring in.

BS had a problem adjusting; but his bigger problem seemed to me was how to play 8 or 10 players; we would have guys start-do well- then get buried for ten games never seeing the light of day-often the substutes were a 5 for a 5 but sometimes you have to figure the 5 best atletes or 5 best defenders or the five best ballhandlers or the five best free throw shooters or the five best guys we have left and you have to have different scenarios that the players understand their jobs have changed-LM may get 25 minutes instead of 35 minutes-he has great heart-but we are going to be better at the 3 and 4 with and without LM-I hope he is the 6th man; Waldman was sometimes-John Duff was sometimes-Highmark was sometimes. And when they came in the crowd loved them-even Clagget was until he couldn't be denied a starting spot. We may have 6 or 7 guys good enough to start-RM may get us one or two even better and TL or KL or Relphorde or Mitchell or Polk may play pont-we'll see-I am excited to see how it pans out

Five boards a game is not a good total for a starting four. Glad to see the LM fans back and fighting for their scrappy kid. I tell you right now the LM fans will be the first ones calling RM an idiot this season when he doesn't start. Meyer fans are like a cult.

>"Would not shock me if Polk beat out the newcomers and he

>was in the starting 5 a few times..."

250lbs is a lot to carry on a 6'6 or 6'7 frame. Is he fat or absolutely chiseled. Also it says he shot 40% from three. Does that mean he settles for a lot of jumpers? If he can put the ball on the floor like Luke does I dont have a problem with starting BE at the 4 and LM at the 3. At 250lbs I can see the Bills going small with BE at the 5 for spurts. I'm waiting for more reports on him. Cant really find a lot.

>

>Um...what newcomers are threatening DP's position? True, a

>trickle down effect could cost DP his starting position, but

>i don't think DP is battling Mitchell, MR or BE for a

>starting position.

>

>LM is a very good glue guy who thrived in Sodie's system

>because Sodie couldn't recruit a better player and rewarded

>loyalty. BE is 6'6 and 250 lbs...that's what he has that is

>better than LM.

If he didnt have the nations top rebounding guard, you might have an argument, but he was surrounded by Tommie and Ian in the frontcourt. How many teams have 3 guys average 7 rebounds per game. And his average was around 6 for most of the season.

Tommie put up great rebounding numbers as a freshman too. He'll do it again next year no matter how good Relphorde and Eberhart are. He's a great rebounder and will continue to do that. Its a testament to Tommie not a knock to Luke. Way to spin it like that. Tommie will average around 7rpg for the 3rd year in a row.

No, just down the stretch, when the team took off in conference play. Tommie started the season at pf with DP, Drejaj, and DB starting. Drejaj got and KL stepped in. When Drejaj came back DB went to the bench. DP got pulled for Luke and then Tommie slid over to pg. Thats when Tommie had some nearl triple doubles. JJ tossed in a couple starts that year as well. JJ had a couple high level games against UNC and Gonzaga before returning back to his normal level.