Thoughts on RM Current Status

We are hearing more and more from national people that RM has not made up his mind yet as to whether he wants to coach at all. That is troubling this late in the game. You have to ask yourself why he entered into contract negotiations if he was not sure that he wanted to coach again. It is hard to believe that if he is not sure about coaching again that any contract would change his mind unless it is simply a money grab. Is the status of the protracted contract talks simply RM looking for a reason to say no? It seems a bit odd to me that SLU is negotiating with a downtown hotel for RM - that makes me wonder if he will use the excuse of no suitable living arrangements as an excuse. At this point this not about SLU not being a good place to coach but about RM and you have to begin to think that SLU needs to simply tell RM to fish or cut bait by the end of the day - he is either interested or not! I would hope SLU would have started talking to other candidates and if not they need to do so ASAP. I am still hopeful but you can not blame me for wondering.

Cheeseman,

I hate to say it, but I completely agree with your angst on what appears to me to have become the Majerus fiasco. The longer this has gone on the less likely I have felt that we would see Rick coaching the Billikens.

I don't know, who does? But I think RM would flat out be a bad hire as he is evidently minimally committed to anything but his own entire satisfaction, he is a public health risk, will be here for 2 years max, will leave behind no lasting legacy and will bankrupt the department if all his money fantasies are met. I'll eat crow if i'm wrong.

Oh, and how is paying PORTER MOSER a huge assistant salary any better than Walker, Grunk, or Thorpe? Answer me that.

Look, we may not here something today or tomorrow. Martin K on Channel 2 last reported we would not here anything today or tomorrow. If you think about this it is going as quick as expected.

In regards to why Majerus would be going through the process if he was not interested. Maybe SLU called him and asked if he would be interested in the job. Maybe he said he would if we could meet all his requests. He may say to himself that he will only get back in coaching if all the criteria he wants is there. That being said, there's a lot of things that need to happen. The living arrangements as mentioned could kill it. If he indeed requested certain criteria and in his mind it is not met, it may kill the deal.

Stay positive. Things are still happening.

I sure hope SLU is smart enough and had parallel processes going on with other prospects and givng them a good of attention as well.

I said all along that the Majerus thing scares me because it will let people down. I couldn't disagree more. If we don't get Majerus there are a few others I would be happy to get over Coach Brad still making the decision to let him a good one.

With me, it was an absolutely different story with Brad.

First of all, Brad was grateful to have the job and we all know, despite the obviously false conventional wisdom, that he absolutely worked his butt off for SLU every day, every hour. For that I was and am grateful.

Second, Brad never had a weird cult of personality led by Frank C and the hordes. In fact, Brad was weirdly, constantly, poorly regarded by the media mavens on the radio i.e. Slats and BM. Why, I'll never exactly know.

Third, and again, I think it's weird to "upgrade" to RM by giving him the farm and in the same breath criticize Brad as being mediocre when in fact he was working with the now-legendary limited resources of SLU.

I am firmly in Brad's camp, not that it's worth a deck chair on a certain sinking English cruiseliner....

With all due respect to those who think that this contract issue is so complicated that it is going to take a lot time - this ain't a peace treaty between two countries fighting a war. Both or one party can make contract negotiations more protracted then necessary by their behavior - either SLU is not ponying up or RM is jerking our chain. Either way - SLU should not have gotten into the game unless they were willing to pay and RM should not be doing this just to stroke his ego. As I said before, I am still hopeful but I can not help to wonder. As far as SLU answering questions today at this already scheduled meeting - don't kid yourself they will simply say "nothing new - still working on things".

I hope they're contacting the other candidates. This just feels like we're being strung along. That's why the school is making it clear there is no done deal. They know it's probably not going to happen. It will be interesting to see what they saw at the press conference today on the progress of the arena. Does anyone think Biondi may duck out of this and give Cheryl marching instructions to only answer questions on the arena?

>The whole discussion with misrepresentations, over the top

>negative comments, etc. is exactly what happened this year

>with the crowd that wanted Brad fired. They got what they

>wanted but the tone has not changed.

I'd have to agree. It shows that some people who wanted Brad to stay aren't really much different than those who attacked him at every turn.

I supported Brad the whole time he was here and would have continued as long as he was the coach. I probably, no check that i did, support him more than he deserved. He was a good man he was just not getting it done as the HC. How does the fact that people took undeserved shots at Brad make it ok to do the same to RM?

>As an ardent supporter of RM how does it feel to be on the

>other side?

I am not on any other side.

I gave Brad a fair shake for 6 years on campus. Have always been fair with Brad, and have kept my personal friendship with him out of it.

I also gave Brad the opportunity to be on campus for 6 years and do his job.

"I gave Brad a fair shake for 6 years on campus. Have always been fair with Brad, and have kept my personal friendship with him out of it.

I also gave Brad the opportunity to be on campus for 6 years and do his job."

He's Father Biondi!!!! Why aren't you getting this RM wrapped up instead of wasting time posting on this board?