Majerus to Decide Today

Majerus considering coaching job at St. Louis

Combined News Services

Article Last Updated: 04/23/2007 01:13:51 AM MDT

Rick Majerus is considering taking a job as the head basketball coach at St. Louis University, according to an ESPN.com story that appeared over the weekend.

In the report, Majerus' agent, Sandy Montag, said Majerus will decide today whether he wants the job.

Majerus coached at Utah for 15 years before abruptly quitting in the middle of the 2003-2004 season. He was the USC head coach for five days in December 2004 before deciding he didn't want the job.

St. Louis, an Atlantic-10 school, went 8-8 in the conference last season and the school is building an $80 million basketball stadium.

as much as i dont want lisch and liddell to leave, you cant let your players pick the coach. it will be up to majerus to re-recruit his team. i have supreme confidence that is a formality.

Completely agree. Not that I think the players should dictate who our next coach is, but Cheryl said they would meet. I know things are real foggy about last week, but if in fact Biondi went over her head, we DON'T need that to happen again a week later. A meeting was promised, so a meeting needs to happen.

that is the point -- Cheryl assuring us the players would meet the coach first. It would just be one more PR blunder.

Of course the players would not make the decision. (Neither would Levick, it would seem.)

after the many major and minor blunders of last week, we are now splitting haris, and talking very small potatoes, however.

brad was the interim coach at the time. little different. they already knew him very well.

if indeed such a promise was made that was a mistake.

Do you really think we or he would go this far, ie he's deciding if he wants the job, that these details would not have been worked out this weekend? I think the bold move to fire UB at this point indicates SLU, read Fr. Biondi, is desperate to pull off another bold move. I think whatever RM asked for he got or it was negotiated to his liking. It sounds now it's does he really want to return to coaching, and if SLU is the team he wants to coach.