Sodie's show on KFNS

moytoy12

1. Brad Soderberg reportedly has 2 years left on his contract. He will be the SLU coach next season.

2. That website article was PR spin, little different than you would see at any other school. Frankly, I've seen worse attempts elsewhere at trying to put positive spin on a situation.

3. The season did not end with the goal that we all wanted, the NCAA Tournament, but SLU did win 20 games. Now I know there are various rebuttal arguments in this case to winning 20.

4. There are expectations at SLU. An $80M Arena is being built.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>1. Brad Soderberg reportedly has 2 years left on his

>contract. He will be the SLU coach next season.

>

>2. That website article was PR spin, little different than

>you would see at any other school. Frankly, I've seen worse

>attempts elsewhere at trying to put positive spin on a

>situation.

>

>3. The season did not end with the goal that we all wanted,

>the NCAA Tournament, but SLU did win 20 games. Now I know

>there are various rebuttal arguments in this case to winning

>20.

>

>4. There are expectations at SLU. An $80M Arena is being

>built.

I agree with number two. Can't say the same for 1, 3, 4.

Rather than complain come on back, Join the Billiken Club and get season tickes again. You obviously don't lke UB, but the Bills could use all the support they can get. We all know our recruiting budget isn't up to the level of most if not all of the top 50 teams, we need the cash. If you don't feel we need the cash and SLU has the $$$'s then your gripe should be with the school. I'd be wondering why SLU states they want to be a tourney level team but doesn't want to support them as such.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

You don't agree with #1?

Pretty much everybody knows how I feel about Brad's coaching but I don't think there is anyway he isn't our coach next year. He may not get the final year of the contract but he's in no danger for next season.

Courtside,

Let me put it to you this way. Re #4, if there are "little expectations at SLU," then how do you explain the fact that SLU is building an $80M Arena?

The statement in #1 is not what should be the case; it is what is the case.

Re #3, what was your goal for SLU for this season? Wasn't it to make the NCAA Tournament? That was my goal for the season.

Re 20 wins, several people out here have asked me how the Billikens are doing/did this year. When I told them they were 20-13, they immediately thought that was a good thing. They next asked me if SLU was in the Big Dance. I responded in the negative, noting that SLU wasn't picked for the NIT either. And they couldn't believe that.

My point? There is still a perception that goes with winning 20 games. Winning 20 and not making the NCAA (or the NIT) is not what I wanted for this season. But with the passage of time, 20 wins will not look so bad. Yes, I know about all the rebuttal arguments, how many teams won 20, SLU had 19 D-1 wins, etc. Believe me, I am disappointed too. But 20-13 is a winning season. SLU is not the loser that some seem to want to make it out to be.

I have one problem with Gary. I don't mind him calling in and ripping SLU or the coach. He can do what he wants. But I don't like the fact he rambles on about everything wrong and then hangs up right after he talks, not giving Rammer or Coach a chance to respond to him personally or ask him questions back. Maybe I'm the only one that feels like that.

Plus as I implied before he is truly a one-trick pony, who could spend the time he would take up on one call going to a dictionary to find that weather is not what he meant. Just a suggestion, Gary, to help you find a 2nd avocation in life. Even the most anti-Brad posters on this Board have other issues to discuss.

You say I have too much time on my hands. Well it's obvious you do to if you sit on here and talk about my call to the coach.

As far as me staying on the line and waiting why bother so they can turn into John hadley and give me their homeresque perspective of how wrong I am.

Coach never even answers my questions he just moves on or says thats a good Question or thats a good point. What should I expect from a coach who says "I don't have an answer for this. I don't know what to do."

gary, please provide the link that will show when soderberg said "i will have this team in the ncaa tournament in 5 years."

well gary i think considering your outlook, you did the right thing in not renewing your tickets. now all you need to do is find a new program to root for that fits your needs. i would suggest the memphis tigers.

if you dont have the guts to face the music and answer rebuttal questions then they shouldnt have to reply to your spun tirade either. personally, after the second time you called and hung up after spurting your hate, i wouldnt have let you on the show after that unless you were agreeable to debate.

Every coach says something of the sort at sometime or another. I don't think anyone is saying you don't have some valid points.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

and would only allow email questions. Easy to screen. The most bizzare one I ever listened to was Gary Pinkel's after Mizzou lost to Iowa State: He declared it a victory, one of the greatest in MU football history. Positively insane.

Roy you of all people should be able to find the transcript from his introductory press conference with all the insiders you have at SLU.

AS far as me finding another team I am A SLU fan I just don't want to give to a program that just doesn't give back. Judging from the amount of students that don't attend their games I'm not the only one.

Why do you think they only want 10,000 seats in the new arena to make the small crowds look large.

In regards to me hanging up why bother debating them all they do is tell you how wrong you are. Slaten is right when he says SLU is irrelevent.

Monday on BOB's show kevin called in saying they wouldn't fire Soderberg and Bob Earl and Brian were just ganging up on him. So you will never win an argument with them. Bob is Slu what John HAdley is to the cardinals never a discoraging word. Why can't they all be like Slaten. After hearing her interview with Slaten last week it is obvious she is nothing more than a puppet for father Biondi I lost alot of respect for her after that interview.

i dont have to look. he never said it.

he said he saw no reason slu couldnt SOMEDAY win championships and get to final four's. but he never put a time frame on anything of the sort.

gary, anything slu related discussed by slaten has to be taken with a grain of salt due to slaten's vendetta for soderberg not recruiting his son which he claims romar and soderberg said they wanted when he was an underclassman.