LaSalle post game!

Billikan

A win is a win! How we came back--I am amazed. When we were down 53-45 with 6 minutes left I was really concerned. the only person who could hit the broad side of a barn was Kevin. One thing that I will say is that this team has not quit on itself or the coach. That 14-2 run was textbook and the other team, despite their bad record, has a bunch of 6'6" athletes that can shoot the ball.

Kevin basically saved us and I think if he had been healthy and able to shoot the ball like he can when he is not hurt we would have 3-4 more wins and we would all be talking about the bubble. But it is not to be. I hope we can beat Dayton at home. They seem to be playing better lately. Bryce got 19 minutes and made some good plays. His tip dunk was incredible and it is too bad he missed the next dunk because it would have really energized the fans. Ian made some decent plays but the refs seem to have it in for him. The opposing center fouls him constantly on virtually every play and yet when Ian pushes back he gets a foul. It seems to have drained his intensity from him at times although he made some good plays and played good defense down the stretch. We can still win 20 games!

I would agree that the team seems to still have a will to win. Did you notice that all the players - including the two benched ones (IV and TL) were all standing during the tip. TL apparently arrived to the arena late for the team pregame meeting so standard procedure is to not start. It was an interesting game to watch. I think the key play at the end was the foul called on IV with us up by 3 with less 9 seconds left in the game. It made them shoot 2 and give us the ball back with the lead no matter if the drained the 1-1. At this time of the year, you take a win no matter how you get.

My sister shares season tickets with me and after the game she made an interesting comment. She said the home games this year have been exciting and fun to watch. She never played any ball so she is talking like a pure fan. I went back and looked at the schedule because I think I have been impacted by the constant negativity on this board and I wondered how she could make such a remark. What I discovered is that we have had a great season at home except for the Duquesne loss. The home fans have surely gotten their money's worth!

>>Kevin basically saved us and I think if he had been healthy

>and able to shoot the ball like he can when he is not hurt

>we would have 3-4 more wins and we would all be talking

>about the bubble.

I am simply praying for 19 total wins and one NIT win, to make it an event twenty on the season. While I think we would have won more with a healthy Kevin, it is amazing to me that we'll probably win 20 games this year with about an unathletic front line as there is in the conference.

A win is a win and I was excited to get out with a W tonight. Go Bills!

Good post Billikan. I don't know if we would have won 3-4 more games with Kevin healthy, but he is the heart and soul of the team. I'm as big a KL fan as they come and he definitely would have made a difference on the season if totally healthy. I like the good things coming from BH. This gives me hope for next season. i don't think BH will be a top A-10 center, but i'm not nearly as worried about the center position. I also agree with you that IV seems to be the victim of a constant mugging (at least that's how it sounds online). i would get pretty dejected if i was constantly mugged and then called for ticky tack fouls on the other end of the court.

I hope this past week can be put to bed and we move on for a strong finish to the season. i want the A-10 tourney title, but i'll take an NIT bid.

Kevin's nerve injury and hand injury really may have cost us this season. That St. Bonaventure loss was it pretty much. Duquense stunk, but if we would have won one of those two, I think our confidence would have been much higher for Temple and Fordham.

I mean, we have beaten the decent teams in the A-10. I really would like to see Kevin get healthy and see what we can do in the A-10 Tournament. Things aren't over yet...This team needs a dance more than any Billiken team in a long time. It would solve so many problems if we win four games in four days.

Great crowd tonight - 10,435. Gotta love those Saturday night games. I'm guessing we'll have more of them when we move back to campus.

The Billiken Idol video was hilarious. The Baby Blues' dads were also surprisingly good - for a bunch of old dudes with little rhythm, that is. :)

Good minutes for DB tonight. He's looked better the last few games.

Bryce's missed dunk was one of the most embarassing things I've ever seen.

I was in a box for the game and I think it was there that I saw on one of the televisions a guy shatter a backboard. Of course, it shattered because there was no give on the old rims. I thought about this when Bryce missed his dunk. The rim almost seemed perpendicular to the floor. If the rim doesn't bend down so much, that ball goes in. Now, obviously every player has to deal with this and most players make their dunks, so this is not giving Bryce a pass, but I just thought it was interesting how the springs on the rim have actually changed the game a little.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

For the at least the 2nd time this season while we are shooting important free throws (tonight it was IV, a 57% FT shooter), the in-house entertainment committee wants the crowd to get on its feet and make lots of noise. Now, I see the reason for trying to get the crowd loud and rowdy if the other team is shooting free throws (Blue Crew behind the basket) but why do you want the home crowd to make tons of noise for our shooters at the line. My only question is, who is the genius that gets to press the button for more noise?

BTW, we shot 12-13 from the free throw line tonight, 92.3%. The one miss was IV. I guess we were to loud for him.

Yeah Tommie was late,he was supposed to be at the arena at 6:20 he made it at 6:25 so he didnt start,did anybody listen to 590am after the game.Sodie said and I quote"Tommie was late for the team meeting so he didnt start,just like Wendell was late for the bus in Rhode Island so we left him".I may not post often,but when I do its true

The odds seem quite low that "Correction" Phillips could talk and choose promo videos at the same time. Telling everyone to "get loud" right as Ian was getting ready to shoot was simply another example of poor marketing management, as if we needed one.

By the way, did anyone else notice that we had no Shots On Goal (SOG) for the first 5-10 minutes of the game?

Regarding SOG, we were just lulling them into submission, duh! You Junior Bills miss all the obvious stuff. ;-)

I happen to like Guy Phillips and think he does a good job. I didn't get the "get loud" when Ian was shooting, but I don't think that was Guy. Also, Guy was the one who got the crowd going at the onset of the 14-2 run. Now, having said that, I will probably have to start living under an alias because I know everyone is going to try to shoot me for supporting Guy, but, hey, I just do not think he is that bad.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

I saw LaSalle at 400 Olive eating dinner Friday night and asked one of their assistant coaches if they were interested in Mardi Gras during the day. I told them they can get all boozed up before the game, he looked at me as if I just kicked his dog. I of course was joking but glad we won because he was a prick. I wanted to head over to their hotel after the game and rub it in, thankfully my wife had me on a leash.

He wanted a goal tending call on Husak's dunk. When he didn't get satisfaction he complained the rest of the game. On LaSalle's last drive he wanted a foul call on the Bill's. It might have been on but when your down four what good would two foul shots do?

ya, he was going nuts for the better part of our run...I was afraid that the rat on top of his head would climb down and start attacking the officials. He sure did want that foul on Luke at the end, but LM planted at the charity stripe before the kid even got to the arc and stuck his hands straight up. The LaSalle kid just plowed right into him and feigned a shot to get to the line. I thought it was a good no-call.