Who Is Your Favorite Billiken Of All Time

I know that an All-Billiken, Best Billiken, etc.... has been done before but i dont ever remember having a thread "Who is your favorite All Time Billiken player"

Mine would be Anthony Drejaj because he was a warrior and he never gave up and he was a leader

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

There are so many.

One of my all time favorites was Erwin Claggett, who was also a big favorite of Coach Al McGuire on the TV broadcasts.

The star of the game for the first Billiken game I ever saw in person was a freshman named Ricky Frazier.

In my undergraduate days at SLU, we had Kelvin Henderson and David Burns.

In my SLU Law School days, the early days of Coach Rich Grawer, SLU had Luther Burden and Pee Wee Lenard.

Quitman Dillard, Monroe Douglass, Roland Gray, Anthony Bonner, Jeff Luechtefeld, Scott Highmark, Donnie Dobbs, H Waldman, Jeff Harris, Larry Hughes, Justin Love, Maurice Jeffers, Marque Perry, Tommie Liddell, Kevin Lisch, and Luke Meyer. Who am I missing?

Some fine players have played for the Billikens. I was just reading two articles about perhaps the greatest Billiken of them all, Easy Ed Macauley. When I was growing up, Easy Ed was the TV analyst on the Missouri Valley Game of the Week, which came on the air at 12:30 p.m. each Saturday afternoon.

we also got pottery as a major showing the University might finally be getting it; the saddest note of the sixties was when the art school was torn down on Grand and replaced with grass; Heinrich gave me hope that someday we could have a great PE majar combined with the physical therapy and nursing programs that would rival programs like University of Illinois that have many PHD types in their athletic program; then you see real progress in all the athletic

programs; when I went to Illinois all students were required to take 4

semesters of PE take a look around and see what would happen in a world where everyone could bowl, play tennis, swim, and golf, or take

fencing, etc. This is not a joke. I really believe you need to develop

individual and team sports in addition to Philosophy, the sciences, literature and art. University of Illinois had great fraternity rivalries in water polo, football, basketball, etc. Try taking a full

course load, getting exercise and playing bridge or gin rummy for 20 hours a week. If you have to work part time to pay tuition it would hardly leave time to get in trouble. College is your last chance to lead a balanced life-after that work sucks up 40 plus hours a week from most of us

Wow, those are some great Billikens mentioned. Since coming to the St. Louis area in the mid 90's I would have to say my favorite Billiken has to be Marque Perry. What a down to earth guy and a great competitor. I remember his favorite drink at Humphrey's was gin and juice. Not that I ever bought him one... I am glad to see he is doing well over in the European leagues.

1. Perry

2. Cobbin

3. Love

It is really hard to pick one--there are so many eras--

In the more modern era--for different times-- I would pick

1. Anthony Bonner and Roland Gray--those guys played hard all the time and each got better every year. It is a shame that Upchurch did not join them-if he had I believe those guys would have been in the NCAA several times and the Bills today might be viewed upon differently.

2. DonnieDobbs and Jeff Harris--Those guys got more out of their relative short statures than any players in Billiken history and the played their butts off against bigger, stronger and more athletic players. Dobbs was absolutely amazing for his size.

3. Larry Hughes--it would have been beautiful to see him play with Love as Spoon had planned but his one year was a thing of beauty.

4. Tommie and Kevin--they still have a long way to go in their respective carreers but for what they have done in 1 3/4 years, I am very impressedd and see them as key cogs to the future like Bonner and Hughes. All local kids that excelled from the day they arrived.