Prov over the Bills by 8

The Wiz

1 hour ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Big thing is we need some perimeter shooting threats. For the next 8 or so games we are going to see a lot packing it in underneath.

47 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Even just getting a healthy Welmer back should improve things a lot.  

Could not agree more that we need a perimeter shooting threat until the missing players are back. I was looking at the stats of the players and saw that Psimitris has played 4 minutes total, 2 against Rockhurst, and 2 against Providence. In each of those games he managed to sink a 3 pointer. He caused no fouls, no TO and did not do much of anything else covered by the stats. This may be a kid that could be brought into play as a perimeter threat, at least until the team gets Welmer and the others back. Just saying.

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I know this has been discussed - so sorry for asking again - but when is Welmer expected back? Did I make up December 1?

Ford said he was aiming for jan 1st. But considering it's still November and he's now practicing I would think it be sooner than that.

One last thought on the 2K Classic....

VT and Prov are both A rated teams. Good chance both will be Dancing in March.  These teams are almost identical ...not in style but in results. Were they to play each other today in MSG ,  I would have them even.  While it is disappointing to the Bills and their fans to leave NY 1-1, I think it is a pretty good outcome.  Especially given that Prov had a "once in a season " game. and we were playing short handed. 

You can not play back to back games against 2 A rated teams and not be a better team. The A-10 will pose some tough challenges but nothing as difficult as we saw in  these past few days..  Given how we improved as the season went on last year with lesser talent, I am confident that this "toughening up" experience will lead to positive results down the road. 

NextYearBill likes this

12 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Another thought.  Would we have been 30 points better with our missing kids?  Probably not.  Providence was hitting everything.  It might have been closer but I think we still lose......

Welmer, graves, ad and bishop as reinforcements would have us dancing. Our aggressive style of play scared the SH#t out of VT. However it can’t work when you have 8 scholarship players...

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

One last thought on the 2K Classic....

VT and Prov are both A rated teams. Good chance both will be Dancing in March.  These teams are almost identical ...not in style but in results. Were they to play each other today in MSG ,  I would have them even.  While it is disappointing to the Bills and their fans to leave NY 1-1, I think it is a pretty good outcome.  Especially given that Prov had a "once in a season " game. and we were playing short handed. 

You can not play back to back games against 2 A rated teams and not be a better team. The A-10 will pose some tough challenges but nothing as difficult as we saw in  these past few days..  Given how we improved as the season went on last year with lesser talent, I am confident that this "toughening up" experience will lead to positive results down the road. 

Agree, I just wanted to make a note at this time about our achievement so far with an under strength team. We beat Va Tech a top 50 team, and were beaten by Providence another top 50 team (in consecutive days). Only a few of the other A10 teams have played against a top 50 team so far and they all have been beaten by the top 50 team. The results are as follows La Salle lost to Northwestern, RI lost to Nevada, George Mason lost to Louisville, VCU lost to Virginia, Fordham lost to Florida State, and George Washington lost to Florida State. We are, so far the only team in the A10 that has beaten a top 50 team, Virginia Tech, and we have played two top 50 teams so far (lost to Providence). With a team fielding 8 scholarship players, you  can bet we have had a lot of toughening to far under out belt, and we remain so far the only team in A10 to have beaten a top 50 team. Not bad at all. We need to understand the level of our achievement so far this season. We are good as we are right now, we are not a push over team.

32 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Agree, I just wanted to make a note at this time about our achievement so far with an under strength team. We beat Va Tech a top 50 team, and were beaten by Providence another top 50 team (in consecutive days). Only a few of the other A10 teams have played against a top 50 team so far and they all have been beaten by the top 50 team. The results are as follows La Salle lost to Northwestern, RI lost to Nevada, George Mason lost to Louisville, VCU lost to Virginia, Fordham lost to Florida State, and George Washington lost to Florida State. We are, so far the only team in the A10 that has beaten a top 50 team, Virginia Tech, and we have played two top 50 teams so far (lost to Providence). With a team fielding 8 scholarship players, you  can bet we have had a lot of toughening to far under out belt, and we remain so far the only team in A10 to have beaten a top 50 team. Not bad at all. We need to understand the level of our achievement so far this season. We are good as we are right now, we are not a push over team.

Right. Based on the results you posted, if the regular season ended today, the Billikens would be in the Big Dance field of 68.

24 minutes ago, Old guy said:

We all know that will not be the case, however it can be said that so far the Bills are playing (particularly being under strength) beyond expectations.

We all know what will not be the case?

If the season was to end today it would be a valueless dance,  with invitations based upon essentially no playing experience from anyone. The invites and would probalby favor those teams with a high reputation and blue blood basketball lines. We would most likely not make it after one win over a top 50 team and a bad rankings for number of prior years (under Crews + last year). Wake up and smell the coffee VeniceMenace. We have to prove we belong in the dance before we have any chance to get invited. The only way is to play a whole season and to rake in enough wins both home and away, and against a number of high ranked teams as well. We are not there yet. 

16 minutes ago, Old guy said:

If the season was to end today it would be a valueless dance,  with invitations based upon essentially no playing experience from anyone. The invites and would probalby favor those teams with a high reputation and blue blood basketball lines. We would most likely not make it after one win over a top 50 team and a bad rankings for number of prior years (under Crews + last year). Wake up and smell the coffee VeniceMenace. We have to prove we belong in the dance before we have any chance to get invited. The only way is to play a whole season and to rake in enough wins both home and away, and against a number of high ranked teams as well. We are not there yet. 

sergio-leone-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-a

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

NH I do not think we will make to the dance with our current under strength line up.

To say that we all know that we will not make the dance would be an unfair characterization. I don’t think we will either but who really knows.