Quinton Chievous

SluSignGuy

2 other potential recruits if Majerus decides to let someone go.

Earl is reporting that we have interest in Connell Crossland, former Haz Central player at Logan CC now. I never thought of Crossland as a prospect in HS but he played on a stacked team and wasn't always eligible. He's a Jon Smith clone, SF/PF super skinny 6'8 less than 200 lbs, primarily an inside player but can run the court, block shots, and board. Crossland has offers from Detroit, Gonzaga, San Diego St, TCU, and Murray St.

Also while perusing some recruiting sites came across 6'9 Martin Breunig, a member of the U-18 German team who is playing for a prep school in Wisconsin. Here's some video

Breunig Highlights

More video

Breunig just received an offer from Maryland, also has offers from Green Bay, Maine, San Fransisco, recieving interest from among others Cincy and Marquette. Sounds a lot like Cody Ellis, a little more athletic maybe.

I know we're going after a JUCO big pretty hard right now. Maybe Crossland is who it is.

2 other potential recruits if Majerus decides to let someone go.

Earl is reporting that we have interest in Connell Crossland, former Haz Central player at Logan CC now. I never thought of Crossland as a prospect in HS but he played on a stacked team and wasn't always eligible. He's a Jon Smith clone, SF/PF super skinny 6'8 less than 200 lbs, primarily an inside player but can run the court, block shots, and board. Crossland has offers from Detroit, Gonzaga, San Diego St, TCU, and Murray St.

Also while perusing some recruiting sites came across 6'9 Martin Breunig, a member of the U-18 German team who is playing for a prep school in Wisconsin. Here's some video

Breunig Highlights

More video

Breunig just received an offer from Maryland, also has offers from Green Bay, Maine, San Fransisco, recieving interest from among others Cincy and Marquette. Sounds a lot like Cody Ellis, a little more athletic maybe. SLU hasn't offered him yet but is in his schools of interest.

If SLU hasn't offered Breunic yet, they're gotdamn out of their minds. Dude would KILL IT in Majerus' offense.

-if Rick is pursuing jc's that seems a change to what he has been doing, PERHAPS can be interpretted that he wants to win quickly so he can get out or PERHPAS that he just wants to win

-i think our lineup could use the 6'8 or 6'9 what i will call traditional power forward, think AB, tough for us to find and get

wow, Crossland looks like a game changer.

I love that he was served up off the backboard at 1:10. From this clip, he looks like he can really stretch the court with his speed. Anytime you have a big who can get up and down the court well, you have an asset.

As jimbofive said, we need a "mean" player like this.

If Willie falls short, we will stil need to replace the interior presence he brings --- as a shotblocker and low block scorer. There is no one on the current roster who would do that as a singular, complete package. Conklin is hot and cold as a dependable inside scorer and shot blocker he is not. Remekun is a shot blocker with no real inside game developed just yet. Loe and Ellis do not enter into this equation. Manning seems the likely Reed replacement but is likely too raw for solid contributions next year. So what does that leave you?

If I'm the staff, I'm monitoring Willie hard but acting like he's not a given thing.

-if Rick is pursuing jc's that seems a change to what he has been doing, PERHAPS can be interpretted that he wants to win quickly so he can get out or PERHPAS that he just wants to win

-i think our lineup could use the 6'8 or 6'9 what i will call traditional power forward, think AB, tough for us to find and get

I do seem to remember him recruiting some jucos in the past, like the Clyburn kid who went to Iowa State. It seems like he's been willing to take on jucos in the right situation but hasn't been successful yet.

If Willie falls short, we will stil need to replace the interior presence he brings --- as a shotblocker and low block scorer. There is no one on the current roster who would do that as a singular, complete package. Conklin is hot and cold as a dependable inside scorer and shot blocker he is not. Remekun is a shot blocker with no real inside game developed just yet. Loe and Ellis do not enter into this equation. Manning seems the likely Reed replacement but is likely too raw for solid contributions next year. So what does that leave you?

If I'm the staff, I'm monitoring Willie hard but acting like he's not a given thing.

I think it also could be used as motivation to Willie to crack down on the books. The staff is making it known to him that he is not a sure thing for next season and that he can be replaced with another recruit. Quite frankly, if Willie effs up, then a JUCO transfer would be a perfect replacement for him. Allows Manning to develop while the JUCO is able to immediately step in to major minutes in the PF/C spot.

On another note, I think it is pretty much a given that Manning will redshirt next season. It seems like Majerus wants at least one other player to redshirt next season, especially with KM, JB and (hopefully) WR on the court. He has publicly stated many times that he wants CR to get a redshirt season due to his age. However, could we see maybe CS or even JJ getting coaxed into a redshirt? I think with the glut of gaurds next season, RM might be able to coax one of those two to sit a season with the thought of getting more playing time afterwards. Just a thought.

I think it also could be used as motivation to Willie to crack down on the books. The staff is making it known to him that he is not a sure thing for next season and that he can be replaced with another recruit. Quite frankly, if Willie effs up, then a JUCO transfer would be a perfect replacement for him. Allows Manning to develop while the JUCO is able to immediately step in to major minutes in the PF/C spot.

On another note, I think it is pretty much a given that Manning will redshirt next season. It seems like Majerus wants at least one other player to redshirt next season, especially with KM, JB and (hopefully) WR on the court. He has publicly stated many times that he wants CR to get a redshirt season due to his age. However, could we see maybe CS or even JJ getting coaxed into a redshirt? I think with the glut of gaurds next season, RM might be able to coax one of those two to sit a season with the thought of getting more playing time afterwards. Just a thought.

CR is the guy who has really suffered as a result of the unfortunate events/bad luck/The Situation, etc. CR would have red-shirted his freshman year but for the NCAA not clearing CE until January. Redshirting, again, was an option for this year but then no longer an option b/c of The Situation. Tough to redshirt in year 3. At some point, you have to figure that if you cannot get enough minutes your JR year, what makes you believe you will get more if you redshirt and RM keeps recruiting good players. Already, CR would still have competition from RL, DE and Manning if he were to redshirt and stay the year after WR and CE graduate

His dad wouldn't let him play basketball at a younger age as he was running with the wrong crowd. So, he left Columbia, Missouri public schools(Rock Bridge) and moved back to Chicago.

Rock Bridge is like Parkway West. The only "gang" he could be running with there would be the Van Buren boys, but I've heard they are pretty tough.

• 2 weeks later...

I read on another site that he has a academic issues and will probably be going to prep school.

That would be a good thing as we would then have space available to put him on scholarship.