We Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH

This was the kind of game we would have lost last year or --particularly --the year before! What a nice gut check win to come back on the road and beat a very good team that has a big NBA style star player.

The ups and downs were enough to give a person a coronary! Tommie has it stolen from him cleanly when we have a one point lead-- in my mind the game is over--but Polk makes a fantastic steal--Kevin has a one and one and I think we will ice it--he misses the front end and Tommie fouls to send them to the line--I think the game is over and we are going to lose--yet the guy misses the front end Ian gets the rebound and shoots one and one--I am worried that he will miss and they will score so we will lose--yet Ian hits BOTH and their long three by the big star is off the mark--WHEW--now I can breathe.

Roy--time for the apology to Ian who could hit the big throws when Kevin could not and to DP who made the fantastic steal when Tommie almost gave the game away. This point up that we have a good TEAM and that Ian and DP are important parts of that team.

GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!

where did i ever say that ian and dwayne are not an important part of this team? you might want to link those posts.

i did say that the team is kevin and tommie's and i stick by that for now.

why? he still hasnt played like a first round pick. he is a good player, but he can be better. i am sorry you are settling for less than he can be. you are the one who should apologize if you think he has played as good as he is capable.

"Tommie has it stolen from him cleanly".

Upon further review that was clearly a foul. Schilb not only put two hands on Tommie hips, he then stopped Tommie forward progress by coming across Tommie with his arms extended. Extended your arms as opposed to moving your feet is almost always called a foul.

After those two fouls he then cleanly stole the ball.

You are just being ridiculous. Ian is not superman, nor is kevin, nor is Tommie. They all are playing hard and contributing to our team. Ian did some real nice things tonight and all you can do is complain that he is not good enough like you have ever since his freshman year. I just do not understand why you cannot give this guy a break and admit you were wrong!

Yeah I was PO'd when I heard it on the radio too. When I saw the highlight on Channel 11, Tommie was attacking the basket when Schilb put two hands on his hips, which stopped Tommie's movement forward. He then reached across Tommie and knocked the ball away. Divine Intervention Schilb throws the ball away and Polk saves the night.

Ian played like crap for all but 10 minutes of the game. KL really stepped up and I liked TL's agressiveness.

But to give Ian credit for the win. GET SERIOUS!!!! HE SUCKED!!! he made two free throws at the end. congrats on a terrible game. bryce husak outplayed you.

regardless, still a win. it won't be a good win for us, but it saves us from a bad loss come tournament time. we cannot lose to these mid-mid majors/....

You got that one right.

But hey if 16 and 13 was a bad game 14-12 must be really bad. Ian sucks ... at this rate he will be 12-11 then 10-10 ... next thing you know, no more double doubles. I say we get proactive and just make the move now ... it's inevitable anyway. Make Bryce the starter. Until Ian starts hustling and proves he can average 26 and 22.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Im just saying the first half he looked slow. Not his best game. His free throws were improved and the second half he turned it on in the beginning of the second half.

Bryce impressed me for the first time, which was a pleasant surprise. I just don't see IV carrying us.

Like I said, it was a great road win for us. Now lets do it against SIU also

I'm sure you'll remind us how badly SLU played and how Ian isn't up to standards. As usual, the fanbase, not just you, overreact to every win and every loss.

Obviously, this was a good win. The SIU game is critical, too, but if we lose there, it's not the end of the world. The season is young and I've always believed in this team from the beginning of the season.

Of course, everyone knows I haven't always been optimistic about the Bills. I think it had something to do with the fact SLU finally has some skills and ability. Brad's done a good job, SO FAR, in turning this team around.

but what you said isn't what you said before. If you would have said your last statement you would have gotten a different argument.

It's funny people's expectations ... In the last 2 games Ian has scored 30 points and pulled down 25 boards. 25 boards ... but he is being talked about as if he is lazy. He must have gotten some of the boards like he got early in his career where the ball shows it's love of all things Greek and searches out his hands.

If he goes for 14-16 and 12-13 every game, I'll be happy. He won't carry us this year ... we don't walk it in and dump it down 30 times a game. We have better talent around him. We need him to be a big part of a good team, not to carry us.

I'm not saying I think Ian has played as well as he can ... but he has played well the last 2 games (- 3/12 from the line). The level of the criticism is off base and more than that just incorrect.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

skip, no doubt about it. ian has rebounded extremely well. he has done ok defensively. and last night he came up big at the end.

but seriously, do you believe he is a first round pick playing the way he has? do you believe he is the a-10 poy playing as he has? do you believe he is the best player on the billiken team this year playing as he has?

my answer to all three questions before the season started would have been yes. now i say no. the good news is the season is still young. there is a lot of time and games to play and i believe that the light bulb will go on. when it does this team is going to be a sweet 16 worthy team.

Even in the pre-season, my daydream for Vouyoukas and the Bills this season is that other players would step up to get the team into the NCAA Tournament while IV has a decent season. Then, when it all counts and the nation is watching, the Big Greek steps up big time to lead the Bills deep into the Tournament and show why he should be an NBA draft pick. Hey, St. Louis is hosting a regional; wouldn't it be nice if the Bills could be in the St. Louis regional, win two games to play in the Dome, and then remain for the whole weekend? Maybe they could then pull off a George Mason (or a Marquette).