KPLR-TV CW11 to Carry Billiken Hoops

Give Cherly credit for at least getting something done. The CSTV deal is not a good situation so she made the best lemonade she could with the lemons she was given. By the way, why would you think any outlet would be clammering for televising us - we have to earn that righ and we have not done so recently. Bottom line, a lot is riding on this season - Brad has to deliver to keep the program moving forward.

cheese, infomercials on charter origination is more profitable to charter? reruns on the non-network stations on weekend day games are more profitable? have you seen the lineup on wrbu at any time?

this is horrible and a huge step backwards for the program exposurewise. we might as well be a local high school team. charter will likely show vashon more on channel 3 than the few games this deal gives us.

Roy, I understand your point but I am not sure what Cheryl is suppose to do if the A10 sold the rights to CSTV and CSTV chooses not to try to work deals out with the local stations.

Bcat - my point about Brad was simply that if the program wants to be higher profile then he has to deliver this year since most would agree that this is our best chance in years. Yes the players have to play well but Brad brought these guys in and he is responsible for getting the most of them. Why are you so defensive?

cheryl needs to raise hell and let the world know as well. it is time that bruno doesnt get a free pass. and slu silence to me equates to acceptance.

Agreed with the sentiment of this thread. Absolutely terrible package. Embaressing is more like it. Huge step backwards from last year and years past. Of course you will find a few nuts on this board ala cheese and slufanskip who will be proud of this, but 99% aren't.

Im writing Bruno a nasty letter to let her know my opinion of this deal.

Radio Shack - where in any of my posts have I said the CSTV deal is a good thing. My only disagreement with you was your bitching about Cheryl needing to fired.

Roy, the problem is Cherly may very well be complaining about the TV package but it will never be made public. The league is already pissed on us last year so why should Cherly make it even worse when she knows nothing will be done except piss off Bruno and make her want to piss on us more.

broy stated....."and slu silence to me equates to acceptance".

As I posted about 10 days ago.....the A-10 tv package was discussed at length at the league President's Fall meeting.

Fr. Biondi was briefed in detail by SLU's athletic department as to what we had last season, what was promised for this season, and what was actually delievered by the A-10 commisioner's office. Fr. Biondi delievered SLU disappointment message to the other university presidents

and to the league commissioner. SLU was by no means "silent".

The current season's tv deal is nearly history. Let's see what we get next year!

I agree with BRich that this is better than nothing, but I am also not Nashville or any other out of towner who this does not benefit one bit.

Broy, how much do you think it benefits Ch 11 or any other station to show reruns or whatever movie on Saturday afternoon versus SLU hoops? They have done the math. They are in it to make money. You just can't ever to seem to get past the fact that not every or even half or even whatever less than 25% of the metro populaiton could not care less about SLU basketball. Does that suck from a SLU fan perspective? Sure. How to change it? win for a few years, get to the tourney more than once in 6 years or whatever, make long runs in March, and then you will see alot change. You have to build it, then they will come.

do you think Charter walked from a profitable deal?

how many people on this board ripped Charter and now wish them back?

Winning over a few years allows for a better tv deal, not the hope that we will win this year.

Charter didn't walk away from the deal. They and the school had no choice in the deal. The deal was made between the league and and CSTV. The deal for the games on chanel 11 was made between 11 and CSTV. CSTV controls the rights to all the brodcast rights locally thanks to the deal the A-10 made.

Charter could have made a deal with CSTV. The deal would have required Charter to carry and pay a suscriber fee for the the CSTV network. This is why CL asked fans at a Billiken Club meeting to call Charter and tell them that the only reason they have Charter Cable was for the Billiken's coverage.

All the cable companies are taking a hard line with the growing list of sports networks. Charter won't even move the NFL Network to it's main package. If they think not offering the NFL Network and it's NFL games is in it's main package is good business, they have no problem determinig not offering CSTV makes financial sense. It has almost nothing to do with the Bills themselves.

Fox Sports Midwest is committed to covering a combined 39 MVC and mizzou games. You add that to the Blues coverage and there is not much room left for them to pick-up the Bills.

The regional sports networks seem to have made deals with CSTV in alot of the other A-10 markets. This would seem to make it possible to watch more games if you have the sports packages from Diret TV or Dish Network. That would depend on the deal CSTV cut with those networks. If they included terroritory blackouts then we will be screwed.

I would hope they didn't do this. With the problems we have had here and some problems other teams have had getting TV clearance you would think they wouldn't have. But it does seem that they are really trying to push the net feed and that could have played a part in what they decided.