fall signing period

ACE

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/bask...uits/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/bask...uits/index.html

See the above links for whose getting the most talent out of MO and IL over the past 4 years. We're not a blip nor were any of our players. Of course TL and KL will show the world this year that UB didn't do too bad in ILL. Discouraging we're not even mentioned as a player in our home state. Of course, we never had a chance at Tyler.

Many people here will not think this report is a problem at all. But without good recruiting the program will suffer bigtime.

What is funny though is if Romar hadn't left when he did SLU would have probably snagged Grimes by all reports. Then SLU would have tied with MU for most recruits by an in-state school. And who said we can't compete with MU for recruits. Going into the future with recruiting Mike Anderson is going to be a formidale foe. I hope our staff is upto the challenge.

Your choice of words may be a problem, too.

What do you mean by problem?? I think just about anyone on this list would like to see more visible recruits. Everyone, in fact, with even a shred of credibility. Is that the problem??

I think the coaching staff also views this as an area of special emphasis, and one in which they want to have yearly success.

Do our coaches view not making this list to be a "problem"?? Probably not--especially since they are brain-dead enough to omit TL and KL while they do list a recruit to IUPUI.

Do our coaches and everyone else want us to sign solid recruits like those listed above every year? Well, duh, I suppose so. Who should we blame for failing to ink Pullen or the others this year, in your opinion?

What exactly IS the "Problem"?? You seem to know, so tell us.

year's recruiting strategy. 4 Jr's return, 2 soph's return, 4 frosh return....9 scholie players. Why give out 1-3 scholies to players you don't think are going to be serious upgrades from what's returning. Now if any of the above suffer a severe injury, flunk out, transfer, or otherwise can't play...well, he may find himself shorthanded next year. I think he'll try and land 1 or 2 in the spring. It will probably be someone they are watching right now, either JUCO or HS Senior, and waiting to see how they perform...the dreaded 7-8 views evaluation period? It's in UB's hands not ours...so, let's just sit back and enjoy what should be a very good season for us.

"It's in UB's hands not ours...so, let's just sit back and enjoy what should be a very good season for us"

Exactly, 72.

I don't understand the people who say we accept mediocrity, we strive to be mediocre, we don't hold the staff accountable. We can't do anything about the fact that Brad hasn't signed a recruit. I don't think anybody can. I'm sure Cheryl has discussed her concern with Brad about recruiting. I'm sure there is a sense in the AD that fans are concerned about no signatures. But I gotta say, Brad has to have a plan. He has assembled arguably the greatest Billiken team of ALL TIME. One pundit has us going farther than any team in Billiken history. I just don't see how that is a fluke. College basketball is a very rough industry...a bumbling idiot can't just stumble upon a NCAA tourney team.

>"It's in UB's hands not ours...so, let's just sit back and

>enjoy what should be a very good season for us"

>

>Exactly, 72.

>

>I don't understand the people who say we accept mediocrity,

>we strive to be mediocre, we don't hold the staff

>accountable. We can't do anything about the fact that Brad

>hasn't signed a recruit. I don't think anybody can. I'm sure

>Cheryl has discussed her concern with Brad about recruiting.

>I'm sure there is a sense in the AD that fans are concerned

>about no signatures. But I gotta say, Brad has to have a

>plan. He has assembled arguably the greatest Billiken team

>of ALL TIME. One pundit has us going farther than any team

>in Billiken history. I just don't see how that is a fluke.

>College basketball is a very rough industry...a bumbling

>idiot can't just stumble upon a NCAA tourney team.

The greatest Billiken team of all-time? I hope you're right. I only go back to the Spooball era and I know some of the guys on here go way back in SLU history, but I find that statement hard to believe. Spoon had three teams that got at-large bids and a couple of teams that spent quite a bit of time in the Top 25 during the regular season. I'm not sure this team is as good as Clagget, Waldman and co.

ace, i think it has the workings of being better than the claggett highmark teams simply because of ian. spoon never had a center.

lisch and liddell have what it takes to be at least the equals of any spoon guard tandem imo.

>ace, i think it has the workings of being better than the

>claggett highmark teams simply because of ian. spoon never

>had a center.

>

>lisch and liddell have what it takes to be at least the

>equals of any spoon guard tandem imo.

We don't have the shooting those teams had, but WHEN we crack the top 25 this year and earn a #7 at-large seed into the NCAA Tourney, I will be very, very, very happy to agree with you.

SLU'72 thanks for the support. I am not sure some will ever see the relevance of any of my thoughts but IMO to totally keep your head in the sand for the quick fix of one successful season is ridiculous.

I posed these same concerns two months ago when schools where getting early commits while SLU sat silent and lost recruit after recruit. I even pointed out that SIU had their recruiting class finished. All I ever heard was wait until the period is over. Well now those some posters are rationalizing waiting to the spring and sitting back and enjoying the season. Are the Stay the Course supporters so hungry for success under this regime that they're willing to shut their eyes to our recruiting deficiencies just to sit back and enjoy ONE SEASON?

If we don't demand more accountability this situation will change.

Each recruting clas should feed off of the previous class, We should be feeding off of the class from last year and we are not. We are two injuries away from being a 20 loss year instead of a 20 win year. For those that think that Brad has has built off of last year take either Tommie and Kevin out, or one of them and Ian and tell me who can replace any of those three. I just don't see where we have built off of any sucess from last year.

That is not what I meant, Good teams have recruits that have ablity to step in and not go from a winning team to a losing team. If we lost two of our stars to injury who do we have that could step in and keep us from being a losing team. Who did we sign that could step in?

You build teams from one recruiting class to another and we have not done that. I am just not happy with building off of the Tommie and Kevin class, maybe all of you see something I haven't.

How many of the Valley teams teams could survive losing thier top two players? I don't think any of them could. Unless you are KU, Duke, UNC, or another traditional power you don't have those players. That is what truly seperates the top 10 programs from the rest.