Billiken Madness - Cards game overlap

kshoe

Now that the Cards game has been moved to 7 PM on Friday there is likley going to be overlap (unless Carp, and lets hope its Carp, mows them down). I can only speak for myself but at one time I was certain I'd attend the madness but now find it hard to believe I'd leave a tight Cards game to make the beginning of madness.

I suppose my plan will be to head to Humphreys and depending on the score of the game make a decision at 9:30 which I'd rather do.

I know late adustments are always hard but the powers that be may want to consider moving the start back a little bit...

Did you guys really just say that?? It's, what, Game ONE in a series of 5???? THIS IS BILLIKEN MADNESS!! A one-night-only exclusive-preview of the NCAA-Tournament-bound St. Louis University BILLIKENS....YOUR St. Louis Billikens!! You guys have waited YEARS...DECADES even...to be go to a SLU Midnight Madness, and now only on the 2nd year your priorities are shifting? Where is the dedication???

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to tape the Cards game. If you don't come, I'll make sure the next BLUE CREW President cancels Billiken Madness 2007...if not that, BLUE CREW will at least hand it over to the AD, then you'll REALLY regret it*.

(This post is only HALF tongue-and-cheek)

*not a slam on the Athletic Department...they are fabulous and helping us tons this year :)

For all you Billiken fans:

There happens to be a SLU soccer game at 7pm tomorrow night versus Xavier. It's ending in time Madness to start. I suggest hitting up our tailgate at 4:30pm and making a night out SLU sports.

7pm gametime versus Xavier

4:30pm FREE BBQ in the lower qusd of the Village

The rest of us fans in the OUTSIDE WORLD have to rely on STLToday and here for our SLU news. The Prez is right, the Cards are NOT a conflict for the kickoff tomorrow night. Would you rather sit in front of a TV or be at West Pine in the flesh? With modern technology to Tivo the playoffs and zip through the commercials it painful to watch TV live now.

Go cheer for the 2 Billiken teams: Shimmy & Brad and the kids would appreciate everyone that is there more than you would ever know. Wish I could be there.

Hell, free beer would get me to the soccer game too.

so phan, you going to be at west pine tonite or are you heading to columbia with your buds or you watching the cards with your mother on the philco in the kitchen?

>so phan, you going to be at west pine tonite or are you

>heading to columbia with your buds or you watching the cards

>with your mother on the philco in the kitchen?

I'll be watching the Cardinal game. Unlike you I have some loyalty. I'm not one of those people who switches their allegience from team to team like you did with the Braves and Cardinals.

And before you ask, I wouldn't be going if there were no Cardinal game. I'm not one of those people who gets their rocks off watching practice. It doesn't matter if it's the Cardinals, Rams or Bills. Give me the real thing. I've got better things to do than watch lay up drills.

you are ripping me for switching allegiance to the braves when i was in the 4th grade? that is interesting.

as to you not going to billiken madness, of course you arent going.

>you are ripping me for switching allegiance to the braves

>when i was in the 4th grade? that is interesting.

>

>as to you not going to billiken madness, of course you arent

>going.

I'm not sure how old you are so please help me understand your switch. In what year were you in 4th grade?

And you're right about Billiken Madness, of course I'm not going. I'm sure you'll get your rocks off watching the free throw contest. Of course since the 6th grade St. Mary's girls basketball team has started practicing, you have nothing better to do.

>1969

So let me get this straight. The Cardinals won the World Series in 1964 and 1967 and were in it again in 1968. They had great stars like Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Steve Carlton and Joe Torre to name a few. But despite all that you switched allegiance to the Braves who finished 26 games out in 1970 because you liked Hank Aaron who'd already been around for 15 years and was on the tail end of his career?

Help me understand.

no, my favorite player then was orlando cepeda. when the cardinals traded him that winter for torre, i was heartbroken and thus, i was included in the deal. cepeda and me for joe torre.

i'm planning on getting to humphrey's about 7:30 ish to watch some of the cardinal game and will go to west pine right at 9 pm. i will go sit on the west side (facing the normal player benches) above the pull out bleachers on the floor.