Jason Henry

bg

Henry, a 6'7" G/F from West Memphis has enrolled at Mineral Area College. If he passes 12 hours this semester, he'll be eligible to play in December.

Rivals had him ranked as the 28th best overall in the class of 2007, as he was expected to attend Light of the World Christian Academy in Georgia. For some reason, he decided to go the JUCO route, and Corey Tate was lucky enough to receive the call.

Rumor has it that Pitino will be on campus next week, and other high profile coaches have been calling.

Only 60 miles from SLU...............

I'm going on record right now ... If UB doesn't get this guy he needs to be sent packing

f... how we do this year

f... next years recruits

f... the year after

just offer him and then threaten to pull the offer if he doesn't accept.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

skip

Why wait...if we were to believe the majority of what we read here, why don't we just send UB packing now and save the time and effort of later. We probably will have the old Stanford coach begging Cheryl to let him come to the Midwest. We know how well those left coast guys do when they come here to coach.

Brad out, Montgomery in! Right now. Why is Cheryl waiting?

mhg

Not that deep ... we just have a clue of what it takes. Not some ridiculous idea that sounds good on paper, but you would have to be a fool to believe works in real life. Or are you another :) :) insider who has 1st hand knowledge of what Bill Self does.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

I'd rather have Coach K and be in the ACC. I'd like all the children of the world to have ice cream with sprinkles after dinner too. If you can make that happen, DO IT. As long as we are improving I'll be happy. You won't ever be happy.

To follow your nautical theme: If brad steers into an iceberg I'll abandon ship. For now though, the ship is pointing in the right direction. You seem to think it's a Scarab but it's really a fricking oil tanker. It takes a while to turn and build up speed.....

They are about equal in my book. They have both coached a team to the Final Four. Both have gone downhill since that day. Marquette was able to take advantage on the recruiting circuit because of the Final Four run. Brad was unable to take advantage since he was an interim coach and left to come to SLU. Wisconsin was able to benefit...not SLU. Ask me again at the end of the season, and I will probably have a more definitive answer.

I have no problems with Marquette nor Crean. I just don't think Mojo needs to talk about them in every post.

H-ball I think Crean is a good coach. B-law comes here takes a shot at my team, I think it is only fair and fun to take a shot at his team. It is all part of what makes sports fun, imo. I respect MU's program and history. It is a hell of alot better than ours. Back to your question, Crean wouldn't have took the SLU job. So, I will take the guy we have. The guy who wants to be here.

N'ville you really don't tell the whole story. Let me help you with a couple of chapters in your book.

First, BS did not leave the head coaching position at Wisconsin to come to be an assistant at SLU....he was fired! And then Romar hired.

Second, Crean parlayed his trip to the NCAA's into a Million + year contract and a recent extension to 2017.

Just a couple minor differences nothing real important.

does this mean you are officially now off the siu bandwagon and now on the marquette bandwagon?

it is hard to keep up with your fan alliance.

Actually, he wasn't fired. He was the INTEREMN head coach. They announced when Bennett quit (4 games in to the season) that they were going to have a wide-open coaching search. They decided they didn't want to continue with the Bennett style of ball. Brad lost in the first round of the tournament. He was an asst. on the final four team, not the head coach.

B,I don't have any problem with you busting Law. It just makes me mad sometimes that some Billiken supporters can't see how SLU was once in the same league and position as Marqutte and now they have just passed us by. We can be, should be just as good as Marquette and we should expect to be. I really believe Law would like nothing better that to have both MU and SLU having equally successful programs.

what i dont get is your perception they have "passed us by". when you compare the two programs past records, other than the two year wade span, the past 15 years is not marquette dominated as you insinuate.

"It just makes me mad sometimes that some Billiken supporters can't see how SLU was once in the same league and position as Marqutte and now"

Yeah, but the 60s have come and gone. We've got to build some sort of basketball tradition practically from scratch. With the Big Three playing in their second year together, Diane and rest of the Blue Crew leadership doing a hell of a job and an arena on the way, I think the foundation is being laid for that tradition.

"I really believe Law would like nothing better that to have both MU and SLU having equally successful programs."

I don't think a hardcore MU fan could ever be happy about SLU having a successful program while Brad is here. The Wisconsin thing is really personal with them.