Tommie Liddell

TDELL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while miles didnt win the illinois state championship, imo he carried east side to the state tourney that year. other than gilbert, i didnt consider the rest of the roster very special.

i would consider darius miles one of the most talented high school players i ever saw. i was at collinsville one night when he had double digit points, rebounds, block shots, assists and steal. he was sure fun to watch.

I plan on being a Billikens.com SLUser for life, but I'm pretty sure my season tickets are going to nose-bleed section--at best--in the new arena so I'll need something to talk about with my fellow nose-bleed sectioners (ya know, reminiscing about the good-ole-days of Larry Hughes, Tommie Liddell, and Ian Vouyoukas), since I doubt I'll be able to see what's going on down on the court. :) I bleed Billiken Blue.

I disagree, there was no evalutation that went into signing JJ. At the time we had 5 open scholarships and no commitments because Kern and Hollins had gone elsewhere, Seyfert had transfered, and Edwin and Pulley had flunked out. The fact that Brad got committments from JJ, Drejaj, Reggie, and Izik in such a truncated timetable is nothing short of a miracle. He deserves major credit for putting together a respectable class given the circumstances, especially considering the schollies would have been lost had they not been used due to the 3/8 rule that was in place at that time. You can't choose an example from those extreme circumstances and use it to prove or disprove Brad's ability to evaluate talent. He did his best with the hand he was dealt at that time, and did a credible job in very difficult circumstances.

I would agree with who said - unless he is a #1 he should stay another year. I would say that to any underclassman. If somebody says you will be our #1 then he needs to go for it. If that works out that way, then DP will be running the point again full time at least until the new PG Brad's recruits is ready. I have not forgotten about Kevin - I just think he is better suited as a 2.

Ragin, what do you think those 2002-2003 tapes of IV showed? It sure in the hell wasn't the IV of Feb or March 2006! I believe Soderberg saw a kid with soft hands, a good shooting touch, and a capable passer. Perhaps he also saw a young 17yr old with 6-10+ body that needed some work.

Bottom line.....IV was not a given 2006 first team A-10 center in those 2002-3 tapes.

It's great that Tommie is being noticed by the Spurs. It also proves the point that a good high school player doesn't have to play in the ACC to get noticed by the NBA.

I wonder how many calls the Spurs made..... like their call to SLU re Tommie. My guess is that they made 20+ calls across the country.

Hopefully, the interest shown by a NBA club won't distract Tommie away from his academic responsibilities.

Not hardly. Many of my friends thought he was a bust, and a wasted scholly when he first arrived. How we all forget.

Brad has done well (as did the Greek national team) in developing IV. He didn't do the GNT thing this past summer, to concentrate on the upcoming college season. He realizes his best interests lie in SLU being successful.

mhg

>It's great that Tommie is being noticed by the Spurs. It

>also proves the point that a good high school player doesn't

>have to play in the ACC to get noticed by the NBA.

>

>I wonder how many calls the Spurs made..... like their call

>to SLU re Tommie. My guess is that they made 20+ calls

>across the country.

>

>Hopefully, the interest shown by a NBA club won't distract

>Tommie away from his academic responsibilities.

What an astute comment. You really nailed it on the head again. I didn't know that the NBA scouted other conferences besides the ACC. I always wondered how they came across the likes of Shaq and Dwayne Wade. And how nice of you to be concerned about Tommie's academic responibilities. After all he's just a city boy who dreams of the NBA and since he is black you assume he's not disciplined enough to play ball and do his schoolwork. Nice racist attitude Tseugnekillib. I hope Tommie's dad stopped reading this thread. I hope no recruits read it either. We don't need them seeing that crap from you.

and you hate the Bills, the coach and the program. WHY DO YOU WASTE YOUR TIME COMING ON THIS SITE AND INSULTING PEOPLE? There are millions of sites around the world that allow insults, lies and garbage like you post here as if it were normal. It is not normal here and you should realize that you look like a ridiculous idiot when you make posts like the one you just made!

It was a perfectly appropriate comment to make. Tommie did have some academic issues, it's been well publicized. Nobody made a racial issue about it until our resident moron did. But of course he reads the worst into everything and his single talent is manipulating people's words. Unfortunately, life is too full of these sad little people.

jjray,during the summer Coach Sodie and Tommie changed the form on his jumpshot,hes been working on it all summer.Anybody who seen Tommie in the Bonner League, he mostly shot jumpers.His shot is much better than last year.To answer another question that call from the Spurs wont bother Tommie not one bit,hes not that kind of kid,you would think he would be telling everybody,but hes not.He has always been on the NBA's radar when he was a junior in highschool he was invited to a NBA camp, all the top players in the country were there his roommate was Shaun Livingston who now plays with the Clippers...

you are the one that made the very large supposition jump about race. no where in tsuegnekillib's post was race or social class mentioned. you were the only one that twisted the words to make it a racial issue.

Tommie needed improvement on his jumper ... and it sounds like he worked hard on it. Don't let him fall in love with that jumpshot though. We need Tommie slashing and getting to the basket. I hope he keeps his same game ... just with a better outside shot

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman