Dayton gets another big recruit for the 2007 class

I don't care ... Flyphan likes to come here and give us hell while touting his team with the coach that is on a downward spiral. Whether or not they beat us, they still sucked.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Thats right, we did beat you twice. So if we are going downhill where does that put your program? If you want to join a real basketball board that actually talks basketball go to udpride.com By the way, how is your recruiting going this summer? Can't find any players who have committed to you.

Our 07 Recruits

Dustin Maguire - 6-5 wing from Edwardsville IL

Adam Knollmeyer - 6'9 PF-C from Jeff City MO

Horace Dixon - 6'8 PF from Fork Union VA

Maguire is a 3 ball shooter who we hope will vie for playing time on the wing. Knollmeyer is a big bruiser who can board and score underneath. Dixon is an athletic shot blocker. One of the bigs will most likley redshirt, the other will press incumbent PF Justin Johnson for playing time. Also Redshirt freshamn 6'8 PF Obi Ikeakor becomes eligible this year. He is a big man with wing skills, an unknown commodity at this point.

so what exactly is your deal? did slu not accept you when you got out of reform school? did father biondi under buy your great aunt in a land deal? just upset that brian gregory has sucked so far at dayton? why the need to visit us here at billikens.com? i thought maybe you didnt have a messageboard to call home, however you reference this udpride.com thing so i guess that isnt it.

yeah you may have beat us twice last year, however for you to still finish that low in the standings then sure doesnt say much for the flyer does it? i dont think i would be trash talking on someone else's message board if i was a fan of a team that has been on the downslide as badly as dayton has. well that is unless i was just stupid.

Flyphan, maybe these recruits will help your team, and they sure need it. I was in the stands in Dayton last year for that horrendous 46-44 game. In addition to being one of the ugliest games I've seen, it was obvious to me that Dayton just wasn't very good. Our guys were absolutely awful that day, and it looked more like we just didn't come to play. Aside from Tommie showing some signs of life for part of the second half, no one was up to it that day. If anyone at all played a decent game, we definitely would have won.

I felt sick to my stomach leaving the arena knowing that we'd just lost to a very bad team and killed a lot of momentum to our season. They played pretty solid D, and Roberts did hit a clutch jumper to win it, but I just didn't see the same team they used to be. I looked forward to playing UD in the past and liked the makeup of the team, but they just don't have it anymore.

The 2-point losses we saw last year are going to be different results this year. Look at the programs as a whole and try to tell me UD has a brighter future. You'd be delusional to think that.

>http://dayton.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=557735

>

>

>

>Devin Searcy and Chris Wright should give Dayton the top

>recruting class in the Atlantic 10 for 2007

Leon Powell is better than either of you guys recruits, so getting him alone gives SLU a better class. I'm not too excited about a 6'8 big man who averages 8ppg or the 6'6 guard who cant shoot. We've had a shooting problem of our own and we'll gobble him up. I'll take Powell and Harrellson. Both of those guys have offers from good tourney teams as well.

I know as much about Dayton's recruits as Flyphan knows about Powell and Harrellson, but I do know that Powell was the leading scorer as as a sophomore for the nation's #1 ranked team. He then followed that up by leading the Nike Jamboree in scoring. That's enough for me. Who knows if SLU offered. Only Brad and Leon.

I for one am happy another A-10 team we play twice got some solid recruits. And they handed us our ass last year. We might have been the better team all year, but on two nights we were not. So let's kick them around this year and hope that we beat a good team instead of a bad one. Congratulations to Dayton, not Flyphan. The guy obviously has some issues that he needs to deal with.

I agree, V. I like Powell a lot, and he probably deserves an offer. I just didn't think it was fair to include him in an argument against guys who have already committed.

Im sry but if you think Leon Powell is better than Chris Wright then St. Louis basketball is in the dumps. Chris Wright was wanted by Ohio State Michigan State Michigan Cincinnati and Kentucky to name a few big schools. He will be the best freshman in the league for the 2007 2008 year. I didn't see Leon Powell on your verbal list so did I miss something because I don't think you can claim a recruit who hasn't veballed to you. That like Dayton saying we have O.J. Mayo

http://users.aol.com/johnh86395/private/news.html

some good words about the future superstar of the A10

>so what exactly is your deal? did slu not accept you when

>you got out of reform school? did father biondi under buy

>your great aunt in a land deal? just upset that brian

>gregory has sucked so far at dayton?

56-37 in 3 years, 1 NCAA appearance, Maui Invite Championship, A-10 West title, 14-17 his worst record despite an untimely transfer and tons of injury time missed, top recruiting classes coming in. Yep, he sucks while 60-61, is the stuff of legends.

C'mon, flyphan .. offering a "fans' site as proof leaves a lot to be desired. The way I read it, this Wright kid is a developing talent ... a pure athelte. My question or concern would be that if he ain't developed before he walks through the UD doors, who's going to develop him? Gregory? College coaches do little to develop in my book. Look at our boy Husak. And then, in this very same article, the kid shrunk from 6'7" to 6'5'. Seems to be a lot of potential here but on paper and on the court .. well, good luck.

Do you really believe that if Thad Matta, Tom Izzo, Tommy Amaker, Mick Cronin and Tubby Smith ALL wanted this kid, he would have said "Hmmm, no thanks, I'd rather have Brian Gregory, because, well, its all the more better in Dayton, Ohio." Yeah .. all the big names say that. Do I play with Jimmie Bimini (Binny) or OJ Mayo? Greg Oden or a Nigerian Nightmare?

Here's hoping he lives up to the hype and tradition in the YouDee middle led by names like Chris Daniels, Wes Coffee and Chip Hare! YouDee should at least break even in its record every year ... what I wouldn't give for a home court advantage that is the YouDee Arena. Your two recruits might be nice .. but didn't you guys learn anything last year about needing a point guard?

"Chris Wright was wanted by Ohio State Michigan State Michigan

Cincinnati and Kentucky to name a few big schools."

So was Wright "wanted by" one big school, or is your comma key broken? Exhausting. I had to read every sentence twice.

I guess UD doesn't offer English courses anymore. Good Lord.

Furthermore, don't waste our time with some personal AOL page: what garbage. Send a link with some credibility and we'll pay attention.

>Im sry but if you think Leon Powell is better than Chris

>Wright then St. Louis basketball is in the dumps. Chris

>Wright was wanted by Ohio State Michigan State Michigan

>Cincinnati and Kentucky to name a few big schools. He will

>be the best freshman in the league for the 2007 2008 year.

>I didn't see Leon Powell on your verbal list so did I miss

>something because I don't think you can claim a recruit who

>hasn't veballed to you. That like Dayton saying we have

>O.J. Mayo

>

>

>

>

>

>http://users.aol.com/johnh86395/private/news.html

>some good words about the future superstar of the A10

Did Wright even get invited to the Nike Jamboree? Has his team ever been ranked in any poll? Are they even ranked in his region? Powell was the leading scorer on a team that wo 60 games in a row and was ranked #1 in the nation and only Tyler Hansbrough prevented a national title. They beat McDonald's All-American Paul Harris' team when they were both ranked #1 in separate polls. Powell is an outstanding athlete who has extended his game out to 3 point range. Wright is another athlete who cant shoot worth a lick. I've read all the scouting reports. If he's so good, how did you bums get him? Dayton doesnt get high-major talent. IF you think St. Louis is so weak, I have 2 names for you, Scott Suggs and John Brandenburg. It shows how pitiful your program is when you have to go on someone else's board to pump up your recruits. If they were so good, we would have already known and been shaking in our boots. We're not. Our team returns almost everybody plus we have a solid 2006 class. Here's looking down at you in the A10 standings. Powell is not a SLU commit, but you dont know what we have in store in 2007 Flyphan, I think Brad will bring in some pretty good guys. He did a very good job in the late period once again. Someday he'll be able to get his recruits in the fall, but its no big deal, even Coach K and Kelvin Sampson had to wait late on guys.

B-law quit riding Gregory's jock. Geez, just because him and Crean coached together, you don't have to be his fluffer too. He stepped into a much better situation than Brad. His record has gotten worse every year. I must have missed all of the top twenty rated recruiting classes he has had. Oh wait no I didn't. He hasn't had any. And if you are going to give him a break for the injuries last year, then you have to give Brad an even bigger break for two years ago. Take that year out and Brad's overall record looks alot better. You can't give him a break because of the transfer. He needed to convince the kid to stay. So that is a minus against him.

soderberg's 4 seasons run as follows:

2002-2003 16-14

2003-2004 19-13

2004-2005 9-21

2005-2006 16-13

keep in mind that soderberg came in with a roster in turmoil with players either expelled for academics (kern, pulley and edwin), homesick (seyfert) or a change in mind (hollins). ie he wasnt running on romar's laurels. in the one down year, the teams two best players were injured most of the year in bryant and frericks.

gregory 3 season run as follows:

24-9

18-11

14-17

gregory feasted off of parnell's returning roster the first year. since then the arrow has done nothing but go down down down.

law, your michigan state loyalties are showing once again.