Who do you want to be your starting forwards this season?

VTIME

interesting take. I too want Polk to rediscover his shot so he and Liddell can get out and run together and wont be a liability in the halfcourt when defenses sag. That's probably their best lineup. I only wanted Tommie to stay at pg, because it boded well for his NBA appeal as a 6'5 pg and he struggles scoring from the wing, where as at pg, be has the ball in his hand the whole game and can pick and choose his spots instead of waiting on someone to set him up and having to worry about producing early to get touches later.

I agree. It really depends on who's shooting the ball well. I know with all the pf's one will start, but I'd still like for spurts to see Luke or Dustin out there in a 4 guard offense, especially when we are in the middle of one of those scoring droughts. If Luke and Dustin both come in shooting lights out, I would have no problem starting both of them at the forwards with our big 3 and making teams matchup. Its nice to have so many options. Seven guys on the team have extensive starting experience.

No way. Retire the thought of the four-guard offense. Please erase it from your and Brad's minds forever. They now have four players between 6'7" and 6'9" with decent bodies. If the staff can't find a way to make one of them become a starter and an asset on the floor, then they should all be fired.

We had the scoring droughts with 4 guards ... I'm with David, forget the 4 guard thing.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

Right, dump it. We don't have 4 guards with the talent of Nova's. The only reason they did it was because their PF was injured. TL should stay at the point. If DP's shot has been returned from lost and found, he could play AD's role and it would be an upgrade: quicker, better handles. But if that doesn't come to pass then it's got to come from DB, LM, DM. The ideal iineup for this group though is TL, KL, DP, one of the 4's, IV. DP can be the real difference maker here with his ability to push the ball in transition. We'd see a whole lot more TL highlight slams for sure. The fact that our second leading rebounder last year was TL has to stop, he's got to be out there on the break not the outlet passer. C'mon DP find the hoop...it's that orange ring with those cords hanging from it and has the square behind it.

the combination I'd like to see is TL, KL, DB, (HD,AK,OI), and IV. It is impossible to guess which 4 my start. Hell even JJ might come through. As lonf as we can get a total of 10 and 8 from the position I'll be happy. I would assume it will be a combination of 2 of them. I would like to see DB emerge as the 3. He gives us the most athleticism and has the ability to shoot the 3. We just need him to mature and stay focused for 25-30 minutes a game. I think if he does that the points will come. Also DP is not a bad thing to have coming off the bench ..

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

at this point, i believe the five will be liddell, lisch, meyer, knollmeyer and vouyoukas. however obviously the only givens are liddell, lisch and vouyoukas. a lot can happen in the next 4 months.

The starting 4 spot will probably change every game. Coach showed last year that he is willing to vary the started. There were games where JJ started when the other time had great size and there were games that Luke started. Luke eventually took over a lot of the starts at the end of the season but coach was rotating that 4 spot starter. Coach will switch between Dixon and Meyer when he needs size and a rebounder. Dixon will take JJ's minutes as he has show no reason to be playing. If Meyer can knock his shots down, Luke will play when coach needs more shooters

Nova's guards were all 6'2 and smaller. Tommie Luke and Dustin are al 6'5 and Danny is 6'4. Having Luke, Dustin, and Kevin out there at the same time would be so lethal with Tommie and Ian. That lineup is so explosive it's scary.

However, if there is one guy I'm rooting for step his game up and start at sf is Danny Brown. If he can find that stroke and stop getting charges he could literally lead the team in scoring because of all the different ways he can score.

I hate to agree with you V but I think Danny Brown is our wild card. I'm looking for him to have a break-out year and could end up being a leading scorer. I will be surprised if he doesn't start the season at the SF position. He'll win the job in the pre season.{like last year} If he produces it will make us a better team then some of the other options, like Luke. I'm betting he'll produce.

Broy's probably right. UB will go with LM since he's such a heady and gutsy guy. I have no problem with that...although I think it lends itself to a more 1/2 court game...uh oh...Nark'll go ballistic...it could get boring.

Starting five will be TL, KL, LM, JJ, and IV. I love DB's offensive spark off the bench and think LM's ability to rebound and "D" up (combined with smarter play) makes him the starter.

I think having anyone but JJ starting at the 4 is thinking with your hearts and not your heads. I know he's been frustrating but many of us believe this is an NCAA tournament caliber team so there will be no motivation for Brad to just get a freshman experience even though the senior is marginally better. Brad will be playing his best option all year and JJ will be it.

If any of the other 3 end up starting, it will be well into the year once they've proven something on the college level. And feel free to call me on this during the year if I'm wrong, I just don't see these freshman being ready and better than JJ immediately.

P.S. I wonder how many of the people picking any of the other 3 has even seen them play....

billinkens, you make a good point. there is no denying that with soderberg, a senior gets every opportunity first regardless. has justin johnson already spent his senior year opportunities though? the wait is already becoming uncomfortable and we got 4 months left to wait!