Recruit List

he's good, but not a consensus pick. He was great last weekend. Although they almost got run by that team in the black jerseys that only had one big kid with the dreads. They were all guards and were running the midwest storm off the court for a while.

Not sure if a consensus top 3 can be made. Sadly, there are no local kids with offers from SLU. There is nothing reported to suggest that Powell or Harrellson have been offered. Here's my list.

1.) 6-7 PF Dwight McCombs

2.) 6-2 PG Andrew Beinert

I don't believe that SLU is looking for a small forward. That is probably the reason that have neglected to offer Powell and Keuker. Harrellson won't match-up against high quality big men until the July live evaluation tournaments. If he proves himself to be a mid-major prospect, the offers will start to pour in fast.

>I think Metz shoulded be banned for such a blatent racist

>remark.

Uhh racist? What was racist about that? A simple joke, often reserved for Bobby Bowden or Pat Riley coached teams, that implies absolutely nothing about skin color. Good work though, moral police. Ever think that you are the racist one for even thinking such a thing?

I didn't laugh, but I wasn't particularly offended, either. I'm a moderator and could remove the post, but I haven't felt inclined to.

I don't think Metz's joke was hateful or racist. Maybe it was in poor taste and just wasn't all that funny, but I don't think it was that offensive.

I don't think it's offensive either ... I don't even think it's correct if it was there would be more Vashon players playing for Huggy

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

>Yes it does - Vashon is probably 100% African American so it

>does not take a genius to make the connection. I agree the

>remark was off base and does not represent my

>thoughts/feelings. Take it off it offends.

As Penn&Teller so eloquently state on their wonderful Showtime series...YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED. Its just a way of life, friend.

>Besides, VTIME, most Vashon guys get recruited by the State

>Pen, not Penn State.

The statement was in poor taste, but also true. The system is set up for those kids to fail. Prisons make the government money, its free labor. Blacks are only 10% of the population, but fill up 70% of the population in prisons. Something doesnt add up about that.

How exactly to prisons "make money?" Outside of a couple places like Texas where they're running for-profit prisons I cannot imagine an economic model that would make any sense at all. Please enlighten us. Me thinks this is a truely URBAN legend.....

Why would you want to offend anybody regarding race and expect those to be willing to play for SLU - just plain stupid. Second, I watch Penn and Teller and what they do is debunk myths and shine the light on things that are wrong. That is not what you did - you simply made a poor taste comment with no intent to shine light on the subject or ferret out the truth. Nothing is worse then when an insensitive lout tries to poorly justify their own stupidity.