Is this the pulley you remember?

Actually that would be a close battle. Assuming Randy hasn't stepped it up lately with his 3's, it would be a contest between two poor outside shooters. Aaron Miles isn't known for being a good outside shooter at all, but he did make a big 3 for KU when they beat Mizzou at Hearnes last year. I don't remember if it tied the game or gave KU the lead, but all I remember seeing is that I believe the shot clock was running out and he had to fire one from outside. The shot looked more like a soccer throw-in than a basketball shot, but somehow it went went in.

has changed his game from his SLU days, I don't see him as a real plus for Mizzery. Granted, I saw him play only once in person and three times on TV but everytime it was the same thing: Drive into no man's land and either toss the ball away or miss a wild shot. But who knows, Q only goes after the best, so maybe he's got himself under control. It is going to be interesting following Edwin at KSU and Randy at Mizzery and comparing them to Reggie Bryant, Brandon Morris, and AD.

If Quin Snyder only goes after the best players, then please explain to me why he had to run off (or see depart) Wesley Stokes, Dwayne John, Najeeb Echols, and Ricky Clemons.

I think Randy Pulley will fit the bill for Missouri. He won't score a lot of points or be all conference, and he won't be "the show" (as Clemons tried to be), but he'll fill the Tigers' need, which is a steady ballhandler who can set up the offense and get the ball to the big guns (Arthur Johnson, Rickey Paulding, Jason Conley, and Jimmy McKinney).

I wouldn't bend myself out of shape comparing Pulley to Brandon Morris (on either side, Mizzou's or SLU's). Each will be a good fit at his respective school.

Jason Edwin will be where? To me, "KSU" means "Kansas State." You had me doing a double take! I had to think about where I'd seen Edwin headed. Is that Kentucky State or Kentucky Southern?

edwin is going to kent state.

Thicks said, "If Quin Snyder only goes after the best players, then please explain to me why he had to run off (or see depart) Wesley Stokes, Dwayne John, Najeeb Echols, and Ricky Clemons."

Echols was highly acclaimed after his junior year in h.s. had he not busted up his knee who knows?

my memory says chia pet was somesort of a package deal or at least an assist to getting travon bryant.

clemons, while he didnt turn out, was the highest acclaimed juco point guard two years ago.

i never understood the johns signing.

But having said that, I remember Pulley being a pretty good guard. His shot was ugly at times but his athletic ability was undeniable. I attribute his poor choices in dribbling into trouble as typical freshman stupidity rather than his inability to get the job done. Pulley isn't a bad player if you take off your hatin' glasses. I wish him well (and Missouri pain.)

Soccer is but a flea compared to the grand cancerous rectal polyp to the west of us (at least here in St. Louis.) Soccer and soccer fansshould be tolerated like mole until you burn it off. The Tigers and their fans should be immolated by the NCAA equivalent of radiation and chemotherapy until there is only maybe mutiger, aj, and estiger left.

...when the Tigers are playing in April in New Orleans (assuming they don't ban themselves or the NCAA doesn't bar them from the Tournament)?

I'm sure your passion would grow beyond your control by then.

By the way, while as a Mizzou fan I "hate" Kansas and Illinois, it can't be anything compared your (and Roy's) hatred of Mizzou, and I think I would love it if both KU and IU lost every game. (Strangely enough, as SLU is my favorite team by a centimeter over Mizzou, I like and root for SLU's Conference USA "rivals." Other than Cincinnati (possibly), I can't think of a C-USA school I root against when it's not playing SLU or Mizzou.)

basically i root for or against a coach. i dont know why, i guess because of the fact that there is such turnover in college basketball from a player standpoint. so when it comes to c-usa, i rarely root for cincy, louisville or memphis. i hate all three coaches. i enjoy watching them "perform", but i do not like them.

i did not root for depaul when fat pat was there. but i like leito. i always have liked crean and lutz and root for them. i like shawn finney and question what he was thinking taking the tulane job. he might be in "never comeback land" now. i was extremely impressed with williams at uab last year and i really expect uab to be even better this year. i liked his style and the way he coached last year. i never rooted for seth. i am amazed he was hired to coach at virginia tech. i personally wouldnt have him coach at a ymca. i never would root for tubbs, and i have never been a roy williams fan, so i wont root for tcu now with his protege coaching there now. i dont know anything about the east carolina coach, however brad likes the guy, so that is good enough for me for now. i have never been impressed with green at so miss either.

as to my hatred of missouri, it comes purely from my past interaction with tiger fans here in the st louis area. their attitudes towards the billikens set the tone for my reaction. i do not get anything like that from carbondale or illinois fans. if tiger fans want respect, they cant demand it, they have to earn it.

Lets Root for Sadaam and Osama to make a comeback!

Lets Hope Islaimic Jihad can derail Mideast Peace!

Lets Root For Kim Jung Il to lob a nuke at California.

Lets Hope Bliss is available when Quin is fired!

Is Tark the shark available?

Come on Thicks!

Will you really revel in the tigers making it to the final four like this? If you'll do that, where exactly do you draw the line? Don't you run a religious website? What religion do you believe in that seems to say it's alright if you don't get caught be the temporal authorities. Ethics? Morality? No problem as long as you win! Lets just wait for the NCAA to move before we judge? Fine! Let's empty all the prisons and let God sort it out.

Go ahead and follow Quinn to perdition. We'll argue again after the fallout.

...so I won't respond to you any further.

For those who believe Rich's facetious comments about me, let me explain that I thoroughly disapprove of cheating and want Quin Snyder to be fired IF he did the things he's accused of (Rich is feigning like he's already guily, even though the investigations haven't run their courses). However, for the sake of the players (and me), I hope Snyder's not guilty (note: that doesn't say "found not guilty," as if he actually did it and managed to get away with it) and that the players and true fans get to enjoy success.

>What will it take...

>for you to believe there's a problem in Columbia? Quin in

>leg irons??? You won't see that. Your hopefull defense of

>the tigers is bordering on psychotic in my opinion.

Either you haven't been reading my posts or you're out to get me. I don't see how you can say that I think there's NO problem with Missouri's basketball program administration. I have repeatedly said that at the very least Quin Snyder has been sloppy, and I have never said that I don't believe Snyder has been cheating. I just hope, as a fan, that he hasn't been. What's wrong with that?

What will it take for you to wait until the investigations are complete before you convict and execute? You can't be on this jury of the court of public opinion, because you're being disqualified for having already made up your mind on the basis of your personal feelings towards Missouri. Even Roy has kept his mind open more than you have (but not by much).

I'll say it again. If Snyder's staff is guilty of the things it's accused of, he (and they) should be fired, and the University should accept reasonable consequences (but certainly not the death penalty). I'm a fan of Mizzou's basketball team and will continue to be, even if I don't like Snyder very much (and I really don't), unless he's found guilty and not appropriately punished. Under that hypothetical scenario, I would stop rooting for Missouri.

If you still have a problem with me, we can "take it outside."

i really think that i hate missouri more and have convicted pretty q, big bill laurie and crew long before b-rich. maybe i havent been vocal enough. i would hate for my reputation to get away from me. i will try to work on that.

Verbal sparring will do quite well. I don't have a problem with you other than your love of a horribly corrupt, disturbingly unethical, disingenuous, and morally bankrupt regime in Columbia.

I'll never truley love Mike Bush because of his love of the cubs.

I'll never love you because of your love of the tigers. That doesn't mean I want to kick your booty. It does mean that I feel able to question your standards of behavior in other areas because you don't seem to care much about the standards in Columbia. Quin can be an unethical, immoral, corrupt piece of...work and still not get fired or on probation. Will you hold him accountable or defend him?

whether he was that stupid or that incredibly arrogant, to think "i wasnt conscious" was an acceptable answer in that scenario should have been grounds alone to fire the highest paid state employee. my gosh, how much longer is "i didnt know the rule(s)" or "i wasnt really conscious" going to be tolerated by anyone. sure he has signed some players, but we dont really know if he can recruit anyone without bending the rules. there is a swirl of smell around every single one of his "big" recruits that makes you wonder if he can honestly recruit. whatever joy the tiger fandom will garner from the pretty q works, they better enjoy, because imo, this is really starting to look like a serious storm coming in that could cause serious long term damage. what something to compare it to? what has really michigan done in basketball since chris webber went pro and the coach was fired there? where has unlv went since tark was run out of town finally? imo, the best thing missouri can do is call this to a halt now, cut their ties to hair boy and plead for mercy from the ncaa asap. to continue to drag this out should only make it worse. of course they could be counting on the corporate discount that the ncaa has at walmart to carry them through though, who knows.

I do hold Snyder accountable, and I'm not defending him. I just hope for the best. You're very good at twisting words. I don't support the "regime" in Columia, but I do root for a team of players. That doesn't mean I condone cheating.

Maybe you need a stronger pair of glasses, because you don't seem to see what I'm saying.

Roy, your hatred of Mizzou has you already declaring guilt before it has been demonstrated. All you have is circumstantial evidence. Snyder misinterpreted a rule regarding flying in the parents of recruits, so now you think that every move he makes is shady. Maybe his moves are shady, but it takes more than circumstantial evidence for disinterested parties to bring judgment. You, however, are not disinterested, because of your hatred of the program's fans.

3-star, as far as I know, Snyder has said, "I wasn't conscious," just once -- in his deposition regarding how many unwanted free promotional garments he gave Ricky Clemons some eight or nine months earlier. I, too, am rather suspicious of the number of times Snyder has used the "I didn't know" excuse, though.