Uhhhhh Ohhhhhhh Mizzou!!!

My god, will this stuff ever end?! I really have to wonder how much longer Quin is gonna have a job. I mean, it seems every week the Missouri basketball team or one of its members is causing an infraction...that is not acceptable. It does seem most of them are minor, but after awhile they start to add up. Who knows what he isn't getting caught for. And for arguments sake, if he is getting caught for everything, then Q must just be too stupid to coach at this level. We don't see other universities getting weekly national negative publicity. As long as I can remember, the side bar on ESPN.com's bball page has had some reference to the mizzou program. The fans and administration up in Boone County should be getting fed up and need to kick him to the curb.

What is also interesting is that it wast the KC Star not the STL Post. So now I gues the Star has a vendetta against MU just as the Post does. You are right these are all very minor infractions - except for the alleged money from Odom. The problem is when you recruit a kid like Clemons, you better be prepared for all the baggage and new baggage he comes with and will create.

Success>Integrity

This is really old. I used to take delight in Quin's mishaps but now I feel sorry for their fans. You reap what you sow though. I just wonder if this next years chance at a final four is worth probation and the ultimate demise of a program on the rise. Quin has built a program that is really popular now, top kids want to go to columbia like never before. I don't blame them if Lane is passing out C-notes.

I really begin to wonder though, is this type of stuff just business as usual at perennial powers like Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina? Is Mizzou just being punished because they are not in the that club? If the tigers do get a final four will this stuff go away? Doesn't excuse their actions but you never know what is going on at these top schools.

The powers that be at Ole Mizzou are certainly covering their backside on this issue. Last week Alden was quoted as saying "Quin and Odom have guaranteed nothing illegal has been done with Clemmons" and now Quin is quoted as saying he has no knowledge of Odom's actions.

If you can't see that Odom is going to be the fall guy on the whole Clemmons saga people are blind.

The shoes and what not are stupid and minor. That being said other schools have gotten in trouble for less. Still, this article will only amount to something of the cash stories are true and unless Clemmons starts talking Mizzou fans have nothing to worry about (in regards to this article).

they were the ones requesting records....I would suspect they had info about what they might find in the records. Looking back at Georgia's antics and the start of that investigation, I think this is more significant. Bunge is either telling the truth or committing a crime. Thus I would bet she is truthful and the plot thickens. Will Quin survive this or will he depend on his friend at Olney to give him a shoe rep job....?

certainly muddles things a bunch. If it was just public accusations and denials that is one thing but both the girl and the coaches have testified under oath to different things. Somebody must have been lying. Strangely there has been no word on what Clemmons testified to under oath. That may hold the key. If he starts testifying that he took cash Mizzou is screwed. If he remains silent or testifies that he didn't take money then Mizzou will be fine.

I believe most of the stuff that I have read about Mizzou would be classified as "nickel-dime stuff" and should not hurt them much.

However, the big issue that could really hurt them, IMHO, is "how does a student that didn't graduate high school complete 24 hours during the summer" with out some special treatment? One of the courses I believe was something like Human Anatomy, and believe me, after talking to both of my daughters, that is not an easy course.

The other part of this equation is how did he pay for all of these courses.

There maybe legitimate answers to these issues, but I think most rational Tiger fans (that means those not using the Tigerboard) have the same concerns.

I assume you refer to the phone calls etc... and I would agree although it remains to be seen what the NCAA feels about the conley situation.

I would think though that the NCAA would consider the Cash handout more seriously, if true. I would also agree that the most serious offense may very well be the 24 credits obtain with copies of test questions and who exactly helped him do that. None of this comes to light if clemons behaves himself, but he has not and I think with depostions containing these allegations, the NCAA will feel obligated to investigate Mizzou.

This is all over the media. I was just reading about it in USA Today, I think this is going to end up much bigger than just nickel and dime stuff. Mizzou is getting a bad name all across the country over this...Think Kalen Grimes might change his mind?

>There's a reason Mizzou held on to Clemons so long. It had

>nothing to do with mentoring BS. They don't want him to

>talk.

Ace, good post.

Mizzou fans were wondering why anybody would want to request the court documents related to the Ricky Clemons case. Well, you now have your answer.

Don't forget that the coaches were desperate for a junior college point guard last spring after Wesley Stokes transferred. As up and down as Clemons was last season, imagine what the Tigers would have done without him -- maybe they don't even make the NCAA tournament. If Mizzou would have had a mediocre season, would Paulding have stayed around for his senior season? Would Klieza still have committed?

A lot was riding on the recruitment of a junior college point guard. It's really not surprising to think the team could have broken some rules to get him to Columbia and into a jersey.

- Nate

Weslel left after Clemons committed, and that leads one to believe that clemons had some serious help getting his 24 credits over the summer, because if he did not get them then........Kroenke was the point all year.

I am glad though that quin draws the line somewhere....."they were clothes I wasn't wearing"....otherwise it would be getting even weirder than a shoot happy point gaurd, holding his girlfriend hostage after he choke her, while wearing the clothes his coach gave him to compete in...(flip flops?) and getting fifties and hundreds from someone in the basketball program.......perhaps Roy was right Josh Kroenke the source within the Bball program.

Do you mean that perhaps Josh Kroenke is lending(giving)money to other Mizzou players? Heaven forbid that such a dasterdly deed would ever take place!!!! But seriously would that be against NCAA rules for a player to lend another player money no matter what the amount? For example if I am a college BBall player and I win 30mil in Power Ball so I decide to give my teamates 20,000 a piece to do with what they will is that a NCAA violation? I surely do'nt know the answer and maybe the NCAA does'nt.

No way Clemons testified in a deposition, IMHO. The non-criminal attorney in me is suprised some of those questions were answered, because how is it relevant to whether Clemons abused/attacked/assaulted Bunge? Maybe another attorney on this forum has more experience in this area, but I probably wouldn't have let them respond to those questions without a court order because again, I don't see the relevance to Clemons' charge. That's just the attorney in me speaking. At this point I have no doubts in my mind that Snyder and Adom would give cash and gifts to players or recruits. Harvey has been accused of being the dirty one, but it's always Quin and Aldom (sp?), the two prepry, white, ACC guys that are apparently violatiing the rules???

Sad time to be an MU fan. We have to feel shamed because our young coach felt he had to do this stuff to win (apparently). I wish these allegations weren't true, but I can't give Quin the benefit of the doubt at this point.

MUTGR I am not an attorney but ( I consider myself a legend in my own my mind)I will weigh in on this. I suspect the only way to try a He said She said case is to demonstrate the credibility of the accuser and compare it to the victim . So buliding up to that case all her claims had to be confirmed. I suspect her questioning led to her saying we had a serious relationship I know all these facts about him , I have some of the clothes at my house that quin gave him......etc.

I admire your objectivity I hope I would be as objective if the situation was reversed......

The problem MU has is that the stuff just keeps rolling out on this matter. It seems to me that if the big boys were all doing this then Michigan would never have been slapped. I am not saying they are not doing these things just that they have to know that if they get caught then a price will be paid such as the Wolverines have. Another question that crosses my mind is while Pulley was never a problem to my knowledge at SLU - you have still ask yourself if his attendance at Barton CC an issue regarding his making up his academic issues. One thing that I would still throw out there for those who might be thinking that nothing like this ever happened when Norm was there - When Ricky Frazer end up flunking out of SLU how did he transfer to MU without any academic issues? I am also sorry to see MU have to be soiled this way but what worries me is that just as very few people ever get pregnant the first time they have sex, programs seldom if ever get caught the first time they cheat.