Miklasz on Liddell

http://forums.stltoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=340595&start=40

BernieM

Staff Moderator

Posted: 04 Mar 2006 13:05 pm

Post subject:

About Liddell....

I don't mean to be rude, but SLU fans have no idea what they're talking about. What do you think his parents are going to say to SLU fans? Of course they're going to be upbeat. They're going to spill their guts to a virtual stranger who is wearing the SLU blue/white? Oh, sure.

Let me tell you this: his father was ready to file the transfer papers when Soderberg yanked Liddell off the court. Maurice Scott calmed things down -- and to the point where he actually told Mr. Liddell that Tommy needs strong coaching and direction, and that he should just let Soderberg coach.

--B

Well supposedly Tommie's Dad visits here infrequently and he refuted the claim that Tommie was thinking of transfering. Either we heard from the real Mr. Liddell or someone was pulling our leg. Sometimes in cyberspace it is hard to sort the truth from BS.

It is possible both stories are accurate. I can understand why Tommie's family would have been upset when Brad grabbed him and pulled him off the court. You sholdn't grab another adult like that unless it is your own kid.

Of course, that was one isolated incident that occurred well over a month ago. There is no reason to question Tommie's dad and uncle when they publicly state that Tommie is very happy at SLU.

Just pile on Bernie.

I've never said anything of this nature before and I don't want to really start anything here. I know we "supposedly" have family members of Tommie posting here, along with personal friends, whether you want to believe they are who they say they are is up to you. Tuna and Bernie may have had contact with his father and Scott. I don't want to disrespect the family or anything but Tommie's father has very little say in what Tommie does. If he wants to go on radio, try to be a big man now, talk to Scott, Tuna, or Bernie, and I am not saying he is necessarily as this all may be a hoax. These rumors that have circled around Tommie for the past 2-3 years have hurt Tommie and other members of his family. They are totally false. Unfortunately the members of Tommie's family who are the most vocal about him (in a negative way I might add) are the ones who have the least to do with him and always have. I don't envy Tommie, certain self important family members and supposed family friends have taken it upon themselves to try and meddle in his life, where as if Tommie did not have basketball success, they wouldn't and didn't give him the time of day. Unfortunately this is a problem that a lot of athletes have, or anyone young and successfull for that matter. People see dollar signs and what they used to shun they now embrace because of it. When you are successful it seems like everyone becomes your "friend." Then a person like Tommie has to decide who cares about him, or who just cares about what he can do and how he they can benefit from it. That is something no young man should have to deal with at this point. I really hate to bring personal issues up in this kind of forum and it is only sheer coincidence that I have any knowledge of this whatsoever. Still no one brought this aspect up and I felt it must be said. I hope that a person like Bernie, with the forum he has, if he knew about this would end any of this baseless speculation because it really comes from a place with no authority on the matter.

i agree with david. these are two separate issues. the soderberg deal happened well over a month ago. bernie is defending tuna saying liddell will transfer two weeks ago. tuna and now bernie too are not right and need to admit it.

To thetorch,you dont know what your talking about.I have input in whatever Tommie does,but I dont force Tommie to do anything concerning basketball. He's 20 years old he makes his own decisions.I have never talked to Tuna or Miklasz,Maurice Scott is the only one I talk to.I dont have to go on a radio show.Who are you talking about in my family that talks negative about Tommie?

I was thinking about transfering Tommie to Illinois, because my job closed and I might be moving up there.When Soderberg yanked Tommie off the court I was very upset.Maurice Scott talked to me and calmed me down.I talked to Soderberg he apoligized and everything is ok now.

When the season first started Tommie was unhappy, because he didnt think he was being used the right way on the court,playing forward(3)but now Tommie is very happy.If Tuna or Miklasz want to talk to me Contact Maurice Scott,he has my #.

Thanks for clearing up the controversy surrounding Tommie. I am hoping to see Tommie and Kevin help to lead the Billikens to a string of NCAA appearances. Frankly, the issue with BM seems to be moot but it is a very honorable offer to want to clear things up on his show once and for all.

This young man has played hurt and unselfishly for SLU; when

Lisch is hitting he gives the ball up to him and they make a good combo guard unit; at the beginning of the season I did not think they would be this good. Lisch may be a little better on defense

and Liddell is certainly picking up the slack on rebounds because we don't have forwards. Liddell is stronger than Larry Hughes and less injury prone; I know Hughes was hurt this year but I was surprised he did not get beat up his first year in the NBA.

Local players like Lisch and Liddell get 100% payback from the community and press but SLU and Soderberg have certainly given every recruit the chance to play and the chance to be local

stars and the chance to get a degree they can be proud of.

>When the season first started Tommie was unhappy, because he

>didnt think he was being used the right way on the

>court,playing forward(3)but now Tommie is very happy.If Tuna

>or Miklasz want to talk to me Contact Maurice Scott,he has

>my #.

I told them all summer he was a natural pg.

This post is one of the most absurd I have seen in a long time. You know nothing about this family and you should shut your mouth! Tommie is a young man who is trying his best to help our team. yet you post things about this family!! This is much worse that dumb Bernie who intentionally is always trying to hurt SLU. Why would you post such garbage?

Bernie gets paid to sell newspapers, he's promoting his stories and the Post with his newspapers and having losers like Tuna on his show. By posting and re-posting you are feeding into his ego and making people want to read and listen to his show. But at least it keeps the message board active.

Mr. Liddell and JaleJarr, you know the routine with some of the posters on this board. They feel threatened if someone knows more than they do, so they will try to knock you down. They also wouldn't believe you if Tommie came over, hugged you, and called you Pops, so ignore them if you can.

I think Brad did not have a full deck of players early in the season, and was forced to play Dwayne a lot, which meant Tommie HAD to fill the forward position in a lot of the offensive sets. He looks comfortable now, and is probably picking up the FOY for the A10 at the end of the season.

Tommie would be a load at Illinois, but they are getting pretty congested at the guard/wing slots. They are using the same type of motion offense that Brad is, so development opportunities are similar, but Tommie's PT at SLU is almost double what he would be hanging at Illinois. Calvin can't even make it off the bench there. I think Tommie is going to do great here, and already has this year.

I am Tommie's dad,the Tommie at East Side is my dads son from another marriage,were like George Foremans family,there are 4 Tommie Liddell's,my dad Tommie Liddell Sr.,myself Tommie Liddell Jr.,my son Tommie Liddell III(SLU)my step brother Tommie Liddell IV(East Side)