The Official Arena PD Article

davidnark

How many people do you think were actually in the seats last night, not tickets sold/distributed? I would guess that there were only about 10,000 - 11,000 there. And of those, there were probably only about 6,000 season ticket holders, maybe less.

Point is that regardless of David's math, if we could cut out the dead wood in the season ticket base (i.e. those that have tickets but never show up), I think there is PLENTY of room.

My concern is over the cost, as a young alumnus and lowly government worker, my disposable income is not that great at this time. The ticket prices will go up that is a guarantee. Just look at the jump in parking at SLU in 99. It went up 400% (can't remember exact #) one year to the next and that was with an additional garage built.

One bonus to the prices rising is that some who show up rarely will not be so apt to buy season tickets. Or maybe they won't want to waste them and will redistribute them.

Does the 10,000 include the luxury box suites?

The Mavs did that in Dallas in the 80's ... if your seat was't used you weren't asked to renew. Personally I like it.

I would have liked 13K and think it is a better fit ... but given the choice of 10K and all the offices and facilities or 13K without, I'll take the 10 with

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I would have preferred something that said....originally the plans did not include practice facilities and coaches offices...even thoughs of Seoderberg and everyone else were that the Arena would be that original size, AND iclude the amentities.

I am supposed to read quotes from Levick that make the appearance that 10k waas the way to go all along...or that inexplicably the previous design didn't include the amentities?

As I said, I'm not buyin. As I also said, it isn't a big deal to me, the end result. The seating capacity is not what bothers me. Just be upfront about what went on in the process.

Really not a big deal to me.

We all would like to see more pumped-up students in the seats. Students who can't find the time or the means to get to Savvis are, by definition, not rabid fans. Would you risk delaying the project for several more months/years waiting for more millions in front money to float a slightly larger facility?

The Blue Crew are great, highly visible, and small in number. I am sure there will be plenty of room for them in the new arena.

I did not hear Cheryl as I was at the game, but the 10,000 vs. 13,000 has been discussed ad nauseum on this board for months so I hardly think it was like a bait-and-switch at the last minute. People who have heard Brad or Shimmy speak have also heard this for a LONG time. I think they have been very up front with everything.

Of course, perception is reality and if some of the fan base feels like it was done inappropriately, the AD needs to be more sensitive to that, at least to a reasonable point.

You want to hire somebody to go around at each game at see who is in their seats? Then you want to deduct points from people who give big dollars? How many times will the person have to go around and check the seats, you know somebody might want a coke or something?

Let's not turn attending a Billiken game into something like moving into a neighborhhod filled with busybody old ladies who are always checking up on one another.

Both of these were eliminated by the politicians to safeguard the ostentitious but under utilized Savvis. Granted it will be great for the city and midtown to get this SLU venue for free. Why was the Harmon led democratic machine allowed to bulldoze the historic

arena. We put the St. Charles Family Center in business adding

to suburban sprawl and bridge traffic problems over the Missouri

It would seem fair for ticket sales tax to be lost to the city, at least

nark, if you think that we would have 3k empty seats then you arent showing much faith in this current trend up continuing. i believe that last year was the bottom and from here out it is a steady climb up.

as to the duke attendance being diluted, not now of course not. but pre-coach k it was.

footes, they scan every ticket that comes in. they can easily see which tickets are being used with a simple computer report.

Well, sure.

1) If they're really big donors, they're giving so much already (and racking up points-for-donations) that the loss of points won't even be tangible.

2) No way of telling, but I bet the really big donors (e.g. the Kim Tuccis of the world) actually do show up virtually all the time.

they have been doing it for about 15 years. they used to announce it during the games, not sure if they still do as i rarely pay attention to guy phillips anymore.