Recruiting

Kahok

Another kid from Missouri goes elsewhere. A 6'10" 290 pounder from Bell City has verballed to Memphis. His coach said that he had received interest from Memphis, Oklahoma, Virginia and as far away as Central Florida, But there is no mention of SLU. William Bogan is his name, and in his first year of playing high school ball, but if all of the other schools knew about him, why didn't we.

Not sure why he has not played H.S. ball until this year - but if Memphis went after him then he must have a decent game. I am not real sure how SLU can effectively recruit outstate players - for some reason, the attitude towards St. Louis - the area - is not very good in those areas. I think we have a real uphill battle getting those kids. Think about who we have gotten from outstate - not many and most of those few never stayed. I am not counting Washington area as outstate anymore.

The kid grew up in Charleston, He is a junior this year averaging 22 pts and 16 rebounds a game. The point I was trying to make is teams from all over the country knew about him and showed interest, why didn't we know about him or show interest, especially since he is the big body that could have taken over for IV.

How do you know we didn't "know about him or show interest"? Who do we (SLU) know about and show interest in? I'd say that's quite a jump for you to make, given Brad's closed mouth method of recruiting. Remember, every so often we have a post about a player whom SLU is recruiting that we have never heard of before.

We have one of the best big men in the country and a back up who is a 7'2" sophmore. We could of course use better 4's, but I doubt it is because UB doesn't know the value.

How does anyone know if we recruited him or not ... maybe we were and he wasn't interested. Seems to me some of the other schools who were recruiting him have had more success than us and he wanted a bigger name school

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Each of the last two years we've signed at least two area players. We only have one locked up for next year and its February. What's the deal. At the very least we could try and get a package deal with the Brandenburg brothers. Billy would at least give us some size and cant be any worse than Newborne. There are a lot of bigs in 2007 that havent been offered yet either like Powell, Harrellson, and I'm not sure on Tyus.

>At the very least we could try and get a package deal with the Brandenburg brothers. Billy

>would at least give us some size and cant be any worse than Newborne.

I don't think Bill Brandenburg would contribute at SLU. He's not very big and he doesn't jump or finish well. I think he'd really struggle against bigger players at that level. He'll most likely be a Division II guy and could have some success at a Truman or maybe an UMSL.

- Nate