Rammer after the game...

SLUDrew

i will love the guy when he starts acting like "the voice of the billikens" all the time instead of about a three hour period that covers a billiken game.

just once stand up to slaten for the billiken fandom bob.

if i would have been ian when he said that on the bus, i would have said to ramsey, "excuse me but arent you the guy that said after the chicago state game that the fouls called on the players guarding me were cheating calls?"

Speaking of bad calls involving Ian, how about the one that fouled him out last night? Hard to believe that call, at that point in the game, to foul out a team's leading scorer. Don't know what that ref was seeing or thinking about.

>i will love the guy when he starts acting like "the voice of

>the billikens" all the time instead of about a three hour

>period that covers a billiken game.

>

>just once stand up to slaten for the billiken fandom bob.

Slaten is an A$$! They should have thrown him outta St. Louis back in the early 80's for that asine act at the St. Louis Steamers game when he got into it with the opposing player when he was the game announcer.

Why do people listen to his crap?? 590 is much better off without him.

while i detest slaten's tirades against coach soderberg and the billikens, overall i truly enjoy his show. i dont take him serious when he goes on one of his rants and it never ceases to amaze me that people will call in to argue with him. here's a news flash, he's an attorney (i.e. superb debate skills) plus he has the the power to turn the caller down and hang up (i.e. always the last word).

along with that, i do think he is one of the best interviewer's in the city.

i would bet that if we knew the ratings by show, slaten doubles every other time slot.

People listen to Slaten because over the years...every other local sports talk show is a snooze fest. It is as if they are all catered to the very casual sports fan. There haven't been any decent alternatives. Fortunately for me I am not in STL on a daily basis where it is one of my few alternatives. I get some of those shows in very small doses.

My best advice would be to listen to music...not the radio. It will make you a much happier person. Or if in a car, books on tape is an alternative.

For me personally...the quality of hosts isn't up to par for what I seek. But with the infrequency I can catch anything, I will flip something on to see if I am missing anything of value. The other thing in the Lou, compared to some...not all other markets...is the amount of commercial time is much much higher vs show time.

When you live in other markets over the years, especially bigger ones, where the commercial time is much less...you can at least feel some fluidity to a show. I really struggle to keep attention and tuning in to STL radio, unless I am on a long drive in or out of the area.

I never understood why a host would take calls. Reading e-mails and faxes sure...makes sense...but taking calls kills a show. I just think often times in STL, they just take callers, let em ramble on to fill time. Brings down the quality of the program when more hustle could have been done to get better guests.

People listen because they want to hear firworks. Slaten is scum. Listing to morons call him the king, reminds me that cults like Heaven's Gate, the Branch Davidians, Jim Jones will always find willing sheep to sacrifice.

PS Roy likes JC's interviews too. I have a bit different tastes apparently.

Slaten just likes to get a rise out of people and you know what, that translates into ratings! If you don't like him, that means your listening to him or you wouldn't know that you didn't like him. I do think his attacks on Brad and SLU are weak and unfounded, but I do appreciate and agree with his takes on Mizzou and Quinn. You have to take the good with the bad. Rammer does need to take a stand and defend the Bills. Ever since he has been paired with "the king" he seems to have become more tolerent of the SLU bashing that Slaten does. I wonder if the program directors are telling him to play along and let Slaten argue with the callers.

While I agree theat the idiots who call in to gloss Slaten the king are pathetic, and that Slaten is obnoxious, I think he has actually softened his attacks on the Billikens. I guarantee you that over on Tiger board they are attacking him for villifying Mizzou and pandering to Billiken fans because his station is carrying the games. Just remember that the whole thing is an act. By the way, did anyone catch the call made today by one Stephen Einspanier, a.k.a. "The Mizzou Nitwit". Slaten and Rammer carved that lightweight up like the Thanksgiving turkey! This guy has been on a rampage for years against any attention paid to SLU at the expense of his beloved Tigers. Unfortunately for him he lacks the brainpower to put together cogent thoughts, and hangs himself out to dry every time he calls a talk show or puts pen to paper in the sound off section. If that's the best MU has to offer Billiken fans have nothing to worry about.