Was the Game that Bad in Person?

Billiphan

worse probably. That Chicago State team was terrible. They had two quick little guys, and the rest of the team stood around watching and waiting for them to penetrate and throw up crap. There was probably 40 fouls on them and we shot 40 free throws. Boring as hell. The fans were lulled to sleep and our players probably too. Hopefully we got it out of our system before the Iowa game.

I agree - last year we loose the game. If you can take anything from this game it is we won, JJ continued to have a good game - made one poor pass but who didn't, KL found his shot although some of his ballhandling decisions were questionable, and nobody got hurt. The rebounding was just atrocious and the shooting just as terrible. IV could not buy a basket, LM shot the worse I have ever seen and TL seemed reluctant to create a shot.

Agree that it was a "Ugly" Win. But a W's a W.

If we could have hit from the line like we normally do, it's a 20+ blowout. I haven't looked at the stats, but we must have been in the 30-40% range on FT shooting. Down from the 92% shot in the Zag game. And down from our seasonal average of 78%.

As I told a fan sitting next to me "Once again we're playing down to the level of our competition."

I look for a totally different game on Friday with Iowa. Maybe we were looking ahead to them tonight.

Just write this one off as a W. And bring on Iowa. Hope to see 16K+ there on Friday. Bring your lungs.

BTW - biggest dissapointed fan tonight was Skip. He just missed out on the pasta. (maybe Tucci paid Lisch off on those last 2 FT's) :)

>I haven't looked at the stats, but we must

>have been in the 30-40% range on FT shooting. Down from the

>92% shot in the Zag game. And down from our seasonal average

>of 78%.

Ok, I agree they played bad... but they did OK from FT range. They were 33-45, which is 73.3% and MUCH better than the 30-40% you thought. In fact, I contend that the only reason the Billikens won this game was because of there FT shooting. They got more points from free throws, than they did from the field. It was ugly... let's hope we give a stronger effort and upset Iowa, because I think we certainly can.

the game was very hard to watch. but that was because of the chicago state strategy. we got to see the college version of "hack a shaq". it is amazing that ian didnt get hurt as they just beat the hell out of him. we were lucky the refs blew the whistle. get a pack of zebras that wont blow the whistle and we would have been in trouble.

the second half free throw shooting besides lisch was terrible. ian should have scored 40 points. liddell and polk seemed to be playing in their sleep. while justin johnson's stat line looked good, he and newborne were beat on the boards time after time to smaller guys.

it just wasnt much fun.

the debut of the cell phone mascot timeout promotion was bad as well. the bad news is they have obviously invested too much money in the costume to not do it again.

the highlight of the night though was the bluecrew getting the one older guy to run one of the threes to the top to stick on the wall! then the same guy volunteers to do the cell phone mascot thing and wins. i wish i would have had his energy last night.

Polk was playing in his sleep?

Chicago State had very quick guards and pressed much of the game. In spite of these circumstances, how many turnovers did Dwayne have? ZERO.

I am excited about your boy Lisch; however, there was a big dropoff in our point guard play when Dwayne was on the bench.

Tommie had his worst game of the year. I believe he finished with five or six turnovers, and he couldn't find his offense all night.

i disagree with your assertion on the polk lisch effectiveness. both times that chicago came back after the billikens got up double digits happened when lisch was on the bench. soderberg even burned a timeout the one time just to get kevin back in the game asap.

p.s. should we begin a pool on guessing the date that polk will make an outside shot again?

That 73% surprises me. Maybe it's because they missed so many in the 2nd half and were shooting right in front of me.

First time in a long time that we had the opportunity to shoot that many FT's. (And we needed ever one of them.)

It wouldn't surprise me if we upset the Hawks on Friday. Be a great way to end the year for the program.

broy said "the second half free throw shooting besides lisch was terrible" I agree right now with all but two words, besides lisch. what was his 2nd half %?

we lose this game if we don't shoot 92% from the line in the first half, but 62% at home in the 2nd half as a team is not going to get it done against any other opponent

at least the billikens were smart enough this year to try to put the ball in kevin's hands down the stretch to be the one on the line.

Coach talked about the lack of communication on the floor last night without AD in the lineup. There was a string earlier about who the leader is on the team. While I did not follow that string, AD seems to have the qualifications and without him on the floor tomorrow night, I'm really concerned. That said, I would not want to be at practice today. I think the players are going to get an earful and hopefully they'll be ready to play tomorrow night. My main concern is that AD may be a bigger loss than first thought even with the depth at the guard position.