Is JJ playing his way into competition for a starting s

VTIME

Agreed,

Staring IMO is over-rated on this team. With respect to everyone on the team, the ONLY three people that should start EVERY game are IV, DP, and TL. Everyone else is interchangable in my mind. 9 role players all playing a part and contributing suits me just fine.

goat said,

"Staring IMO is over-rated on this team. With respect to everyone on the team, the ONLY three people that should start EVERY game are IV, DP, and TL."

i would only put ian and liddell in that every game subset.

Roy,

I hear what you are saying, but IMO DP has showed that he can/should be the guy that consistantly gives feeds the ball to the other guys. His assist to TO ratio has been great so far this year. His shot/scoring has left a little to be desired, but i can live with him getting 5 or less points a game with 8 assists and < 2 turnovers.

it is my opinion that danny brown is not comfortable in the typical half court set offense. danny brown excelled earlier this year when it was pedal to the medal in the exhibition games and eastern.

I know coach was high on JJ last night. He hits free throws and he was high energy. The guy doesn't pay attention though. He made 2 bad turnovers just throwing the ball in last night. I don't see how his plusses have surpassed his minuses to warrant more playing time. I'd much rather see Husak relieving Ian and playing a 4 guard as much as we can.

I am really dissapointed in the 4s. VN is out of shape. He is way overweight right now and has a hard time getting up and down the floor. For a 6'6 big man this is unacceptable. His rebounding has been less than desired and besides the outburst the other game he can't shoot. JJ is too high energy, he can't stop moving his hands on the court. It's like he is taking a bottle of greenies before the game (not insinuating drug use). He was in the scrum alot last night but didn't defend all that well and of course the TOs.

I am also of the opinion that our three key starters are Ian, Tommie and Dwayne. Polk could be a real star if he could hit his outside shots. He has proven to me that he can defend and his ability to beat pressure is something we have not had in years.

As to JJ, I see no way that he becomes a starter until he becomes much more reliable with the ball and on defense. He is the perfect energy guy to come off the bench if he can just play under control. he will have to play a lot better, imo, before he will have the trust of the coaches to start, particularly an important game where every possesion is vital.

great point on JJ. I've always thought the same thing. I think he expends more energy than he needs to. I think he's so under the gun to prove he's hustling and giving his all, I feel he moves around a lot spastically so he proves he's trying. Maybe he could be more effective if he moved smoother. The best athletes can get results and make it look effortless.

Speaking of turnovers and not to be too critical of a guy who is really playing well except for this one point, When will IV learn that he has to hold on to the ball tightly and gain some court awareness. Quite a few times last night (4-5) he was unaware of players near him and they knocked the ball out of his hands. Twice he was fouled but even then it was a small guard who hit his hands and the ball came out. He is playing well but that doesn't mean weaknesses like this don't need to be corrected.

>great point on JJ. I've always thought the same thing. I

>think he expends more energy than he needs to. I think he's

>so under the gun to prove he's hustling and giving his all,

>I feel he moves around a lot spastically so he proves he's

>trying. Maybe he could be more effective if he moved

>smoother. The best athletes can get results and make it

>look effortless.

I totally agree. I sort of think it's possible coach has him wound too tight and he feels he needs to impress and put it all on the floor everytime he goes out there. But instead of hustling under a little more control, he kind of runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.