A miserable night

SLU_Nick

Wow, we just lost our intensity. We did run into Memphis on a very good shooting night. Every time reggie or AD would knock down a three MU would come and answer WITH A THREE. The turning point of the game happened when we were down seven with about 14 mins to go.

Hunt blew by drejaj and threw up trash that fell for an attempt at a three point play. Missed the free throw, MU got the rebound kicked it out, and nailed a three. We cant expect to win when we give up a 5 point trip down the floor.

With next year coming, some things to think about...

I think we are seeing LM emerging as a more consistent player than DB

JJ was the only one really hustling the whole game. He will definitely beat out VN for the starting spot. I hope he hits the weights though.

IV will be about the same (even if he bulks up), his nature is to clog the paint and grab the rebound when it comes down to him. He will continue playing good D and being a reliable passer and "hook shooter"

AD will stay the same. He cant improve his shot unless he broke both of his arms and had to start from scratch. IF BRAD PUTS HIM IN OVER KL OR TL I WILL START HECKLING. He is such a liability, and if we want someone to be defended, we have seen that DB and LM do a better job. (I know like a broken record from me)

A-10 here we come

i hope everyone saw the muscle definition of all of memphis's bigs. EVERY SINGLE ONE made our inside guys look puny.

A memphis team with Seniors beat us soundly. Not that we were not in it, but Hunt lead his team, replacing the Freshman Wonder Chris ROck Look a like Carney..... and what did Carney do come in an make shots, freshman mistakes which he was able to overcome by sheer talent.

Next Year, Drejaj will get his minutes, providing the intensity which Brad loves, I expect KL is he plays.....and TL to bring the talent, but along with that freshman mistakes. No Doubt they will play if physically able, but I expect they will shine in spurts.

Ian will be a force in the A10, Our offense will work well with passes in and out of the paint to and from Ian.

Every senior is going to be a leader - they have to be in Brad's system.

Any coach in America who consistently starts AD over a healthy KL or TL is winding down his tenure at SLU. These two have the basketball acumen, work ethic, talent, desire, and court ability to turn AD into a 10 minute a game backup. Anthony will still get some minutes, but his time will diminish significantly if Kevin rehabs his knee as my soccer friends expect.

Not everyone develops the same ... so if Ian doesn't have muscle tone ... it doesn't mean he hasn't been working out. Look at Bookout from OU ... very little muscle tone ... but he could probably shot put any memphis big. Also he only has 6 months to lift anf I am sure some of that time will be spent playing.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

All I can say is Thank God this season has been completed. Even in ones most pessimistic pre-season thoughts could any Billiken fan have come up with this 9-21 disaster. A new season in a new league with the two new local area recruits will spark hope in every fan. It is past time to flush this season down the porcelain fixture, and at least dream of much better times. Good ridance to the CUSA and hello to the A10...let's hope it becomes a kinder, gentler, league for our Billikens to call home. Let's also hope that Coach Soderberg can find that elusive 4 and perhaps another scorer to help us on our goal to the Big Dance, as we will be once again watching the ball at home. My teams going into the dance will be my other favorite Jesuit U...the Zags and the Fightin Illini, but I will resist betting the Palatial Palm Harbor Palace on either team.

i guarantee you that bookout is more solid that ian, jj, husak, and newborne.

we need a weight lifting trainer that gets results. when memphis brought in that thiero and williams guys i.e. their 5th and 6th bigs, and even they made everyone of our guys look like babies, that was enough for me.

Thank God, it's over....from the unfathomnable losses at the Paradise Lost Jam to the final buzzer at Messphis. A road filled with potholes the size of grand canyons...9-21. Hopefully, in two years we'll look back and say it was necessary for the development of DP, LM, DB, IV, maybe even JJ maybe. As Jimmy Buffet sings "I'm through trying to reason with the hurricane, sic 21 loss, season." And we're done with the superstar coaches league. We'd never really compete recruiting wise with Slick Rick and Fried Calamari, although the occassional torpedoing of these luxury yachts will be missed. Please Mr. Scheduler...please put UC, UL, even Messphis on our docket every other year or so. Oh yeah, and while you're at it, toss in a teaspoon of Marquette and DePaul too. My crystal ball says somewhere down the yellow brick road of the BCS and NCAA madness our paths will cross again. Hats off to UB and staff. They really postponed the agony of this season by two years. It should have happened back in '02-'03 when Romar left him with a cupboard full of goods long past their expired dates. So our trend line got a little messed up...big deal we got KL and TL coming in next year, but of course in keeping with Billiken tradition they are not without question marks...KL's knee....TL's ability to qualify ...and of course the all elusive #4. Aaahhh, as one of you wise sages once posted, " It ain't easy being a Billiken fan." So let the recruiting speculation begin, let the rumors fly of how hard JJ and IV are working to sculpt themselves into Governor Schwarzenegger clones, how AD has found his missing stroke, how TL is in, how well KL's rehab is going, how we are close to landing AB II. And then we can all gather here next October 15 and make our predictions for a 21 Win season and decide the color of our prom gown.

If AD is playing huge minutes over DB, KL, and TL, then we are in trouble. I am sorry, only in the movies does the turtle win the race over the hare. If AD does somehow improve dramatically and his getting huge minutes then he better produce. If not then I for one will be howling at the games along with many others. I am not willing to wait half a year to figure out that he is not going to get better like we did this year.