Question about "sponsorships"

I'm trying to get in on this "sponsorship" thing, but I'm not sure I have all the "rules" down. I know we can't pick a current player, right? Are we supposed to pick our favorite player, or are we supposed to pick our favorite player who wasn't a star? Or are we supposed to pick someone we have something in common with, like DeSmetBilliken did? Please explain the "rules" to me, and, if necessary, I'll change mine from Larry Simmons.

I don't think there are any rules.

I originally had Quitman Dillard because he was my favorite player during his time there, which one of the years coincided with when I was in 1st grade, so I would routinely tell my teacher that he was my favorite player. Well, whenever my 1st grade teacher sees my either my mom or I, she asks us how Quitman is doing.

Anyway, I thought that worked, but then the idea came to me to sponsor my fellow DeSmet alums.

I picked mine because we share the same first name and I love Australia! I visited my senior year of high school and would love to go back some day.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I wanted Marque ... but didn't want to seem greedy ... so I went back and picked my favorite pg ... since that is what I played

There are a lot of great guys still looking for a home:

Donnie Dobbs

Jeff Harris

Scott Highmark

Marque

Clags

The list goes on ...

We should get some publicity by buying a sponsorship for $10. or $20. each and donating the revenues to the stadium fund

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman