Husack and Clarke

Cowboy

Someone please inform me if I missed something during the week, but the last I saw on Husack from UB is that he earned minutes with his performance last week, and so here comes Hawaii and he sits for 40. What did I miss? Also what is up with Clarke? Thanks for the help.

i am firmly convinced that clarke is better right now than ahearn.

brad likes reggie, polk, brown, meyer and drejaj more. and the truth be thought of, in all likelihood, liddell and lisch go the head of this list next year. so even if ahearn was here, he doesnt play ahead of lisch, liddell and polk i.e. the ahearn / clarke argument is moot.

old geyser said, "If Ahearn was wearing Billiken Blue next year, Ahearn would be getting the minutes and Lisch would be sitting. Kevin is a good player but is not an impact player."

you are clueless if you believe that. last night, belleville althoff only lost to franciscan hales by two points. hales is probably the best team in the state of illinois regardless of size or class. supposedly they have 4 division one players on the team. belleville althoff has lisch and 4 other kids. lisch is an impact player. i will be shocked if he isnt in the starting lineup from day one as a billiken. imo he would be the best player on the billikens right now and liddell would be the second best.

"lisch is an impact player. i will be shocked if he isnt in the starting lineup from day one as a billiken. imo he would be the best player on the billikens right now and liddell would be the second best."

Roy, you're one November 2005 away from being even more bitter than I am. Seeing Polk, Lisch and Liddell walk the ball up the court next year, driving to the hoop and then backing out over and over again may drive you insane.

Man am I sick of you and your constant criticism!!! What is your problem?

Do you go to the games and actually watch?

Polk raced the ball up the court on a number of occasions but this team is not made up of a lot of athletic runners who can finish at the rim.

In spite of that shortcoming we still could have won the game by ten points if we had made a few of the 16 missed short shots.

Maybe what you would like is the fast break where IO tried to pass the ball behind his back in traffic. An exciting, yet idiotic play that hurt our momentum.

Your inane comments about what might happen next year with Lisch and Tommie, better players than we have on the team at this point, are ridiculous! Give it a break!

"Your inane comments about what might happen next year with Lisch and Tommie, better players than we have on the team at this point, are ridiculous! Give it a break!"

Lisch and Tommie are better than a 2nd team all conference college guard and and college forward averaging 13 ppg and 8 rpg a game? Are you expecting these youngsters to come in and average 15 points apiece?

the play where izik passed the ball behind his back was not idiotic at all. it's what the other team didn't expect. VN ruined the play because he wasn't expecting the pass. there are some fundamental rules of basketball that this team just can't seem to get right.

-ALWAYS EXPECT THE PASS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS.

-BOUNCE PASS, IF POSSIBLE

-IF NOT, SNAP PASS

-GO UP HARD TO THE BASKET...(these guys have been nothing but wimpy so far, not many strong finishes...very disappointing)

------------------------------------------------------------

*Official Billikens.com sponsor of Mike Beczkala

Your whole series of boring repetitive posts are all directed to unrelenting criticism of Coach Brad and the fact we need to play a faster pace.

Without a doubt, Lisch and Tommie will be much better and more exciting players in a fast paced game with Polk at the point than Reggie. He is a streaky but mostly effective standstill shooter who has not demonstated he understands or can play at a fast pace. Many turnovers are the likely result. This is not a slam at Reggie but he has certain limitations and the past play is instructive.

I am always amazed that people like you judge players on their per game scoring average rather than their overall contribution.

OldGeyser said, "Let's get real. If Ahearn was wearing Billiken Blue next year, Ahearn would be getting the minutes and Lisch would be sitting. Kevin is a good player but is not an impact player."

This is one of the most ludacrous statements that I have ever heard. I am fully confident that if Kevin were playing on this year's team (and not just because we are struggling) that he would be the second best player right now. Lisch will start from day number one. He is Brad's ideal player, plays smart and doesn't turn the ball over, plays hard nosed defense, and plays with a lot of intensity. Add to this that he can create his own shot and makes his teamates better and I see no reason why he shouldn't start and be successful. Go see him play before you put him down. As to Ahearn, Kevin is better than him right now! Thats all I got...

>I just got back from sms and slu should have taken Ahearn.

>He ran off screens all night hitting three's. He could be

>the first guard off of slu's bench right now. Sorry I know

>these are hard words....

No one will admit it Kerry but I agree with you whole-heartedly. Our offense creates lots of open looks 15' and out. Ahearn would be buring these. How many minutes a night are we getting from Daren Clarke?

Why are we still talking about Ahearn? Why don't we talk about something more immediate. Like right when we went on our 8-0 run in the second half and Brad questionably ended that run by taking out three of those players who were playing well together. Or Brad's using Drejaj too much and not enough Darren Clarke. Ahearn does not concern this team, and I get really tired of people suggesting a recruit we didn't take would be the answer. You can't always take everybody from the area nor can you always predict who will be good college players. Leave it alone.

It's time to take a deep breathe. We are one player's decent contributions away from being a solid team. When the center position goes 2 for 11, ZERO foul shots, 9 rebounds, and loses the battle of the paint, we are going to lose more than our share.

I'm surprised that noone has yet talked about the 14 point run, and the fact that our quick transition game was the driver. Izak started sending the outlet to Dwayne on the right side, and we were past the free throw line in less than three seconds on three seperate occasions, with Hawaii starting to look tired. If we manage to get a second run, then we will be winning a lot more games.

For those who insist that we are not playing uptempo, check out the Illinois/Arkansas and Mizzou/Oakland box scores in today's paper. We fall right in the middle as far as shots go, and ditto for offensive rebounds. We aren't scoring any points from the line, which is how you get games up in the 70s and higher. To do that right now, we would need to shoot 30/55, or close to 55% from the field. Teams just do not need to foul a jump shooting team, and we are proving that in spades right now.

Dwayne is an improvement, whether people want to realize it. Izak is much, much improved, Tom has regressed from shooting close to 53% to shooting under 35% in the paint, Reggie has been injured but is coming around, and the PF has been invisible until the Hawaii game. If Tom starts filling the bucket at last year's rate and Newborne learns to body up AND play help defense, we are going to be tough. Also, Ian has been busting his ass to get back downcourt on defense.