Womens Basketball 2023-2024

thetorch

Just now, Lord Elrond said:

We’ll see, I’m not going to pretend to understand how they determine who hosts this, the better record didn’t always get the home game

If you believe wikipedia its based on bidding.  Just looked it up. So if we want the game Dr. C can pony up.  Its a for profit event.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

We’ll see, I’m not going to pretend to understand how they determine who hosts this, the better record didn’t always get the home game

April 3rd in Burlington. 6:00 EST tip.

Just now, Speyburn said:

Bullshart, I think we deserve another home game with all the work we've done. At least a neutral site.

1 minute ago, Speyburn said:

Just now, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Bullshart, I think we deserve another home game with all the work we've done. At least a neutral site.

Agreed, but not to be

It’s on the Vermont athletics website now. This is their 4th game, and will be their 3rd home game of this tournament. Maybe the bidding is done before the last game is played on a contingency basis? 🤷‍♂️

Good news is this is on ESPN+ per the VT website

We are playing basketball games in April.  Amazing.  So cool.  Are we hanging an NIT Final Four banner? After winning at least 3 road games, I would.    Is this the same arena in Wisconsin that the Gray/Douglass men’s team beat UW on their way to the men’s NIT championship game back in the day?  

From the stats, Vermont tends to play low scoring games, they averaged only 59.6 pts a game, only give up 52.7 pts a game. Leading scorer is #23 Emma Utterback averaging 14.4 per game. Overall not a good 3pt team, shooting only .314 from 3 for the season, but they do have a sharpshooter in #04 Andjela Matic who was 46 of 97 for .474 from 3 for the season, which is ridiculously absurd, guard her closely from the arc when she’s in the game. Vermont did play Dubuque in Burlington in Dec, beat them 77-61, only common opponent I could find.

6 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

We are playing basketball games in April.  Amazing.  So cool.  Are we hanging an NIT Final Four banner? After winning at least 3 road games, I would.    Is this the same arena in Wisconsin that the Gray/Douglass men’s team beat UW on their way to the men’s NIT championship game back in the day?  

Kohl Center opened in 1998. That’s the thing about B1G schools, always building new facilities 

Bills are 1.5 pt. road favorites tonight. Hope they can get the dub.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

attending a game there looks like the least comfortable experience unless you’re standing. 

No bleep. Most high school gyms look better than this