GDT: you know what rhymes with Rhode Island?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Slowry said:

I don’t think it’s because he was replacing Pickett.  I think it’s because he was having a good game then got buried on the bench for some reason.  TJ had been out for a while at that point.  It just so happened that Pickett was the one he replaced.  

Agreed. I think we were all flabbergasted as to why TJ was sitting for so long. That stretch, where he scored 6 unanswered points (including 2 dunks), was riveting. It made no sense to sit him.

Pickett HAS to be injured (not just hurt). He has looked like a totally different player lately. Like Okoro, he seems to have regressed this year. But, Pickett was still much better at the start of the season. Now, he’s a liability.

Did Perkins play, at all, in the second half? Does he not have the gas for 40 minutes? Does Coach value defense more in the final 20? Either way, Perkins is a 3-point shooter now.  That quick first step (and the amazing mid-range jumper that resulted from it) doesn’t seem to be returning this season. 😞 

2 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Hoping for Perk that he can be ready for the A10 tournament.  Winning the A10 tournament is all that matters.  If he needs to sit or play extremely sparingly until then sit.

I’d try and rest Picket and Perkins. Need them both healthy.

It’s to bad we can’t blow teams out to get players rest. 

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I’d try and rest Picket and Perkins. Need them both healthy.

It’s to bad we can’t blow teams out to get players rest. 

we need one of those, who ever is healthiest stays up lol 

What about starting Parker over Perkins?  Parker's defense is better and it's no worse than Perkins right now.  Javonte can't seem to stay with anyone.  Maybe you try and get him to be Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson off the bench.  The game was one of horrors that ended well.  Rory Fuoking Stewart has scored 34 points ALL YEAR including last night's 11.  I'll give him the first surprise shot but the others were all lapses in Okoro's defense.  

We definitely did better forcing turnovers and getting easier offense.  I'd rather we failed in efforts of commission rather than omission (or stall ball).  We have become the epitome of Scott Highmark --- outscore your opposition, which we did by five last night.  I am ghastly appalled by the lack of defense on this team.  How else do you explain mediocre guys going off for career nights against us?  The rotation is maddening --- at one point we have a five of Collins, Pickett, Hughes, Forrester and Hargrove.  Who scores in that lineup?  Hughes, Pickett and Forrester combined for a single point.  But a win is a win.

Dayton is down to seven scholarship players.  Smith didn't play last night and might be out Friday.  Blakney twisted an ankle and could not go from the first half on.  He would be out too.  Both will be limited come Friday.  Shavramjamts has peaked.  I sure hope Okoro is okay.  We can't seem to defend a pick and roll and Holmes still has no offensive game outside five feet.  Camara will be key.