Split Thread - Discussion of Ticket Refunds

dennis_w

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

Slu has still not refunded the ticket money to some of the unvaccinated, is the athletic department having financial problems?

Did you ever contact the ticket office directly as 05 suggested? If not I'd suggest reaching out to the AD directly.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:59 AM, billikenfan05 said:

Matt Cady, Asst Athletic Director for Ticket Sales is one of the best the AD has to offer. Email him.

[email protected]

I’m another who is still waiting on my refund... if Matt is the best  I would hate to see the worst... you wouldn’t think it would be that hard to cut a check...

Don't know anything about it... But did they say they would refund em? Seems like they would maybe put it to next year or something but the games are still happening and people can go so not sure they are obligated to refund? Argument could be made I guess that the season started off not needing vac/ negative test and then they switched. Again don't know anything about it just seems like there may be more to it.

16 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Don't know anything about it... But did they say they would refund em? Seems like they would maybe put it to next year or something but the games are still happening and people can go so not sure they are obligated to refund? Argument could be made I guess that the season started off not needing vac/ negative test and then they switched. Again don't know anything about it just seems like there may be more to it.

They were told a refund would be given and subsequently were given a myriad of reasons why it hasn’t been done ,3 weeks four weeks,not sure when, too busy, things like that.the crux of the matter slu changed their policy after the tickets were sold, said they would refund and months later have not done so 

RiseOfTheBillikens likes this

1 minute ago, dennis_w said:

They were told a refund would be given and subsequently were given a myriad of reasons why it hasn’t been done ,3 weeks four weeks,not sure when, too busy, things like that.the crux of the matter slu changed their policy after the tickets were sold, said they would refund and months later have not done so 

Got ya. Good to know. Thanks

49 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

Unless you were told otherwise it doesn’t seem unreasonable to me that they would wait until the seasons over to give refunds. 

11 minutes ago, willie said:

Unless you were told otherwise it doesn’t seem unreasonable to me that they would wait until the seasons over to give refunds. 

Was too was told it would be given and it was not. I disagree with the reasonableness of waiting. slu sold a product took payment and then changed their attendance policy. If policy was in place prior to purchase, the purchase would not have taken.place. Any forthright vendor would return money for unused tickets. If those tickets were resold slu would get paid twice for the same seats

4 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

Going to lightly suggest this discussion be moved to a different thread because it is veering away from the thread topic. 

Agreed.  This thread is just to offer or exchange tickets.  It’s a pinned thread for that reason.  It should not be used to complain about the AD even if it’s justified.

rgbilliken likes this

16 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I’m another who is still waiting on my refund... if Matt is the best  I would hate to see the worst... you wouldn’t think it would be that hard to cut a check...

I don't know what to tell you, I gotta imagine the ticket office isn't just sitting around waiting for people to ask for refunds. I also am imagining the whole process isn't as easy as you'd like it to be.

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't know what to tell you, I gotta imagine the ticket office isn't just sitting around waiting for people to ask for refunds. I also am imagining the whole process isn't as easy as you'd like it to be.

The ticket office has been asked multiple times with various responses,like 4 weeks, this week,next week etc. i assume slu pays their bills in a timely matter so I have difficulty believing this one would be hard to pay. Venmo takes less than a minute