Did the Atlantic 10 Miss the Boat?

And isn’t the Valley the conference that the one we had to read about and how they should be praised a couple days ago?

Not that the A10 does not have problems but it sure seems like someone made a phone call to see if Madison Square Garden was available. Why did someone not do that with the City?

Wonder if anyone bothered to call Saint Charles County and see if they could use the Family Arena?  Without spectators all you need is a high school gym and Wi-Fi

Okay a week later I’m putting it out there that the A10 ‘missed the boat’ on moving the tourney. The two finalists haven’t reported any Covid issues. It looks like for me the main thing that happened was that teams like SLU were denied 2 additional games. By all accounts we could use two more games. Perhaps we would not have had the 4th seed but looking at that now, no big deal. 

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Okay a week later I’m putting it out there that the A10 ‘missed the boat’ on moving the tourney. The two finalists haven’t reported any Covid issues. It looks like for me the main thing that happened was that teams like SLU were denied 2 additional games. By all accounts we could use two more games. Perhaps we would not have had the 4th seed but looking at that now, no big deal. 

Great point and totally agree. Davidson is also looking for more games. I’m sure Richmond would’ve appreciated more time for Golden/Francis to recover. In an already shortened season the A10 unnecessarily shortened it even further.

40 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

At the time the decision was made, I though the consensus was that the shift helped SLU. Might not have turned out that way, but I'm not sure we should look back and say we got screwed.

As for the 2 games, it depends who they would have been against and assumes we would win both. At the end of the day, we had an opportunity to schedule two extra game this week and as of yet haven't done it. Can't blame the A-10 for that; it's on us.  

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I do not believe the A10 did SLU any favor by (1) moving the tournament to Richmond, VA, of all places;  and (2) most definitely in moving up the Tournament a week.  I wondered about the moves at the time, while cognizant of the claimed reasoning.  But moving that Tournament up a week cost the A10 member teams at least 2 more regular season conference games.  And now Travis Ford goes public with his source reporting SLU did not play enough games.  SLU probably gets 1 more crack at a key road Win, the very stat most held against SLU by CBS brackets guy Jerry Palm, absent moving up the tourney.

As for the move to Richmond, note that VCU got to play 2 home games in the A10 Tourney, an unjustified windfall.  One of them easily could have been moved 6 miles across town.  It is no mere coincidence that VCU is in the A10 Championship Game.  Let SLU play 2 A10 Tourney home games, and I say SLU would be in the A10 Championship Game too!

After seeing Duke, Virginia, and now Kansas have to get removed from their conference tournament with a week left before the tournament, I think I’ve changed my position on this.

I thought moving up the tournament was stupid but after seeing multiple teams test positive, I actually think it was a smart move.

2 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

After seeing Duke, Virginia, and now Kansas have to get removed from their conference tournament with a week left before the tournament, I think I’ve changed my position on this.

I thought moving up the tournament was stupid but after seeing multiple teams test positive, I actually think it was a smart move.

The contra is it took away 2 games, likely a chance for the elusive big road win.  Then Coach Ford's source told him we had not played enough games.