Yuri

Billboy1

16 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Sit the injured guards and play Russell, Hargrove, and Thatch more.  I would like to see Strickland in.

The bench is deep with players, play them this is why a deep bench is important.

Russell had 1 assist and 1 steal and no turnovers and is probably a better player than the Fordham point guard.

Forgot about Strickland. Hell, I hope we get a Swede sighting against Fordham. 

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I am not nervous at all about Fordham.  The only thing that gets me nervous is trying to rest players, and experimenting against Fordham.

LaSalle lost to Fordham just three days after they beat us. I'm just not banking on a blowout victory. They will inevitably have some no-name get red hot knocking down 3s.

They have a 6-11 big who averages nearly a double-double. It would seem that letting Bell and Linnsen taking turns beating up this guy would make sense, which in turn would free up Has to physically dominate whoever they try to put on him.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

Forgot about Strickland. Hell, I hope we get a Swede sighting against Fordham. 

I forgot about the Swede.

Our subs should beat Fordham.

4 hours ago, ACE said:

If Yuri and Jacobs don't play, that's all the more reason to consider playing two bigs (HF, ML, JB) more often. I don't recall a combo of those two being on the floor at the same time last night. This is not a knock on Ford, who I respect as a better than average x's and o's coach, I would just be curious on his thought process on why we don't show this look, considering Bell and Has played together quite a bit last year. And this year, we add a really solid 3rd big with Linnsen, so foul trouble is not as much of a concern. I just think it's a potential advantage we're not using. I think it would free up Has to go against smaller opponents.

I thought Russell held his own in small doses and we're going to need him to give us more minutes. Also, an opportunity for Fred to take on a bigger role.

Agree.  Would love to see time with two bigs on the floor.  North Carolina seems to have done okay playing two bigs against teams going small.

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

Sit the injured guards and play Russell, Hargrove, and Thatch more.  I would like to see Strickland in.

The bench is deep with players, play them this is why a deep bench is important.

Russell had 1 assist and 1 steal and no turnovers and is probably a better player than the Fordham point guard.

I thought Russell looked shaky at times.  Maybe no turnover, but remember a couple of times he was just lucky there wasn't a turnover.  From what I have seen in his few opportunities, and Lord knows I am no expert, but would be surprised if he gets a scholly anytime soon.

billiken_roy likes this

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I thought Russell looked shaky at times.  Maybe no turnover, but remember a couple of times he was just lucky there wasn't a turnover.  From what I have seen in his few opportunities, and Lord knows I am no expert, but would be surprised if he gets a scholly anytime soon.

He did go up against the all-time steals leader at Rhode Island, and that steal leader was going hard at him because he saw a fresh fish. No turnovers. Got lucky, but not too bad.

He hasn’t impressed yet, needs to get confidence in his shot. That said, I guarantee he gets a s Hollie next year.

BuiltFordBills likes this

10 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I also thought he looked shaky but that doesn’t mean he can’t play. Frank said on the news tonight that Yuri would be out a week or two. Let’s see what he can do with more opportunity. 

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

Free Markhi!

CBFan likes this