Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
stlwaino50

Why is Billiken baseball under .500 with a weak schedule?

Recommended Posts

Doesn't make any sense they were pretty good last year.

It will be pretty embarrassing to not finish above .500 with such a weak schedule.
2 games vs #175 Fordam
1 game vs # 266 Semo  :cry: 
1 game vs #165 Murry St
3 games vs # 180 Davidson
1 game vs # 224 SIUE  :cry: 
3 game vs # 108 Rhode Island
1 game vs #240 Bradley  :cry: 
3 games vs #275 George Mason  :cry: 
1 game vs # 159 SIUC
3 games vs #183 Richmond

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It would make sense if you had any sense. Record doesn't matter anyway, A10 is a one bid league, Dipsh!t.

So you think the Bills are winning the A-10 tourney?

No matter their record they are going to Omaha?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so you will be waino today?   i thought you were all about brighton?  make up your mind.  just curious how many monikers have you used between billikens.com and stltoday.com?   got to be some sort of record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Questions only questions. No actual argument or insight. Very familiar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waino doesn't even know how the NCAA baseball tournament works and he's here criticizing the baseball record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My argument is that the Billikens aren't very good even though they play an easy schedule.

Now maybe you want to tell me they play a difficult schedule - looking forward to your information.

The A-10 is only a one bid league.

The A-10 must not be a good baseball conference then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been to Rockwell yet? I think I'm going to check it out next time I'm in town. It's on Vandeventer, just outside the Grove. Good looking space, and I like the beers I've had so far. Food looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It would make sense if you had any sense. Record doesn't matter anyway, A10 is a one bid league, Dipsh!t.

Why are you responding to TrollPants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierPal said:

Why are you responding to TrollPants?

I'm bored at work. Same reason I do most of the things I do on here. Also, trollpants? Be more creative than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone been to Rockwell yet? I think I'm going to check it out next time I'm in town. It's on Vandeventer, just outside the Grove. Good looking space, and I like the beers I've had so far. Food looks good.

It’s pretty good. Not enough of a dark ale selection though, unfortunately. Haven’t gotten the food, but I’ve heard great things about the burgers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

so you will be waino today?   i thought you were all about brighton?  make up your mind.  just curious how many monikers have you used between billikens.com and stltoday.com?   got to be some sort of record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone been to Rockwell yet? I think I'm going to check it out next time I'm in town. It's on Vandeventer, just outside the Grove. Good looking space, and I like the beers I've had so far. Food looks good.

I love when I go to beer related websites and all they do is ask "Are you 21". Imagine if that was the law at bars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

geez how can you even begin to administrate that?   the guy is an obvious nutjob.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know your other teams are really succeeding when the only team the city troll can attack is the baseball team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the family to SoCo Fitz's last weekend.  They have a remarkably good hamburger.  And of course the root beer float........🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

You know your other teams are really succeeding when the only team the city troll can attack is the baseball team

WhY iS tHe SwIm TeAm So BaD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone been to Rockwell yet? I think I'm going to check it out next time I'm in town. It's on Vandeventer, just outside the Grove. Good looking space, and I like the beers I've had so far. Food looks good.

I have and I thought the beer was solid. The burger and fries were money. Not normally a big burger guy but I really enjoyed there's. That patio looks nice (was cold when I was there so we were inside) and the inside is also pretty cool. I think they are going to do well. I want to try to get to that center ice brewery. Have they started serving food yet? I can't remember but I thought someone said that was a work in progress. Could be completely wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I have and I thought the beer was solid. The burger and fries were money. Not normally a big burger guy but I really enjoyed there's. That patio looks nice (was cold when I was there so we were inside) and the inside is also pretty cool. I think they are going to do well. I want to try to get to that center ice brewery. Have they started serving food yet? I can't remember but I thought someone said that was a work in progress. Could be completely wrong though.

It's been a while since I went to Center Ice, but I thought their beer was pretty mediocre. I don't think a kitchen is in the plans, but I could be wrong. They share a building with Pappy's and Southern so it doesn't strike me as a pressing need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rockwell just added extra seating, which is great, because it's been slammed every time I've visited.

I heard that the warehouse buildings on either side of Rockwell have been purchased, but I don't know what's planned for them.  It would be great to see another brewery open along Vandeventer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, I think Wellspent makes excellent beer. I haven't been to Twisted Roots (in the space that was previously Six Row). And there's always Urban Chestnut.

Crazy how many breweries there are so close to campus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

For what it's worth, I think Wellspent makes excellent beer. I haven't been to Twisted Roots (in the space that was previously Six Row). And there's always Urban Chestnut.

Crazy how many breweries there are so close to campus.

The beers I've tried from Wellspent remind me a lot of the beers I've tried from Rockwell. So I think if you like one, you'll like the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I have and I thought the beer was solid. The burger and fries were money. Not normally a big burger guy but I really enjoyed there's. That patio looks nice (was cold when I was there so we were inside) and the inside is also pretty cool. I think they are going to do well. I want to try to get to that center ice brewery. Have they started serving food yet? I can't remember but I thought someone said that was a work in progress. Could be completely wrong though.

What category of burger would you put theirs in - like a Carl's/Stoplight type burger, or more of an O+O/Village type?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

What category of burger would you put theirs in - like a Carl's/Stoplight type burger, or more of an O+O/Village type?

More O+O. They also have a brat on the menu. Want to try that soon as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoplight + Main & Mill would make for a nice mini-road trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...