Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
philliken

2019 SLU Baseball

Recommended Posts

Just now, slusam said:

It was in Saturdays paper edition

Nowhere to be found on the website though, which is where most people read the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, slusam said:

It was in Saturdays paper edition

I was just going to say this.  Some posters are lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I was just going to say this.  Some posters are lazy.

Lazy? I only bemoaned that there was no story online. The fact that I scoured stltoday and don't subscribe to the paper makes me lazy... Nope doesn't add up, try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Lazy? I only bemoaned that there was no story online. The fact that I scoured stltoday and don't subscribe to the paper makes me lazy... Nope doesn't add up, try again.

I saw it.  I read the paper.  No big deal.  It was there.  All you needed to do was find it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

I saw it.  I read the paper.  No big deal.  It was there.  All you needed to do was find it.  

Dude you were wrong, and a bit of a jerk about it. Just admit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Dude you were wrong, and a bit of a jerk about it. Just admit it.

Deal with it.  You are the one spanking Stu.  He did his job.  You were too lazy to find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stu cant decide what definitively gets in the paper or at stltoday.com.   talk to the sports editor.   unfortunately most of the post disgrace's editors are mi$$ouri grads and feel obligated to defend the tiger$ however they can, even if that means keeping billiken news to a minimum.   

we do have a very nice article today on the chances of  fouler tilmon going to the nba as he declared today.  ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierPal said:

Deal with it.  You are the one spanking Stu.  

Deal with what? That they put a small blurb in the paper and that's it? Cool, bare minimum, Stu's MO has always been just that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you are upset at the wrong guy.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

you are upset at the wrong guy.    

I'm upset at part of the problem. Stu having no interest in Billiken athletics at a basic level contributes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you go to stu's twitter page, which he does control, he almost immediately retweeted the news of the no hitter on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billiken_roy said:

if you go to stu's twitter page, which he does control, he almost immediately retweeted the news of the no hitter on Saturday.

I hope he didn't hurt his finger scrolling and pressing(alright now that was trolling). I mean I'm appreciative he put it out there but man a retweet is about the most meh thing you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierPal said:

By the way @billikenfan05, Stu had a small article in today's Post Dispatch, page 2, on Lewis.  I assume you missed it also.

Of course, because like most people in the St. Louis area, I don't subscribe to the paper.... You're just not comprehending the issue here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Of course, because like most people in the St. Louis area, I don't subscribe to the paper.... You're just not comprehending the issue here.

Get on your bicycle, ride to the library, read the paper.  It will 1) get you some exercise, and 2) let you see what is being printed.  You are really hard to please.  There is no issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I hope he didn't hurt his finger scrolling and pressing(alright now that was trolling). I mean I'm appreciative he put it out there but man a retweet is about the most meh thing you can do.

the point is hardhead, Stu can control that.   he cannot control the content of the paper or the website.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the point is hardhead, Stu can control that.   he cannot control the content of the paper or the website.  

The question though is how does a paper use valuable print space but don't put it on the website which has nearly unlimited space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

You guys excusing the lack of coverage are part of the problem.

we fought the post dispatch for decades for better billiken coverage.   eventually you just give up and take whatever you can get free.   i cancelled my subscription back after the miracle in memphis days.   i am content to read what i can on stltoday.com.   it will never get better.   the paper will go away before we get less than 99% cardinal, blues and mi$$ouri coverage.   it isnt stu's fault.   goes far above him.   he writes what he is told and even half of that doesnt make the cut.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nowhere to be found on the website though, which is where most people read the post.

-I don't want to get into a pissing match, too many of those on here, but I am interested in the number of on-line readers versus subscribers, I don't expect either number to be very high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I don't want to get into a pissing match, too many of those on here, but I am interested in the number of on-line readers versus subscribers, I don't expect either number to be very high

I get that. But that’s the problem we’re trying to solve with THTRB media brand(or whatever it becomes). We want to produce the Billiken content that fans want but aren’t getting. There’s no reason billiken fans should be satisfied with unsatisfactory coverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel for papers but they're on their way out and citizenry is the poorer for it. TBS % of the 3M residents of metropolitan area that care about our obsession is much lower than some on here seem willing to accept. smaller still % is those that care about college baseball.

Hard for us to fill student seats and they get in for free and only have to walk across campus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I get that. But that’s the problem we’re trying to solve with THTRB media brand(or whatever it becomes). We want to produce the Billiken content that fans want but aren’t getting. There’s no reason billiken fans should be satisfied with unsatisfactory coverage. 

-what's the number that view on-line versus circulation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-what's the number that view on-line versus circulation?

I have no clue to be honest, but everything is moving online. (About the only thing that may go back is text books.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I don't want to get into a pissing match, too many of those on here, but I am interested in the number of on-line readers versus subscribers, I don't expect either number to be very high

I prefer paper - newspapers, paper books, paper magazines et al.  Go to Mercola.com & read about the damage to your eyes from too much screen time.  Yes, I get the irony about learning such stuff on the internet 🤔😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...