Billikens in Chicago

I was wondering if there were other Billikens fans in Chicago, who would be interested in trying to catch hoop games at a local establishment this year. I know that since Chicago is a big town for people to relocate to after college, many bars have college allegiances and show games of that University. Any thoughts?

good luck! let us know if you find a chicago bar that wants to be a home to billikens. hell i guess if you do, we could drive up there to watch the game. we sure as hell cant find a bar here in st louis that wants to feature the billikens.

you would think that they would throw "away game parties" at the busch center for the billiken club members. i could see it being a fantastic recruitment tool for new members. multiple big screens, ramsey and earl piped into the sound system, plenty of koolaid and cookies to go around. invites go out via e-mail weeks ahead of time, with a "break even" cost figured in and each member being asked to bring a guest couple or so,.....what am i missing?

as to other bars, if not humphreys, anyone else. one would think being noted as the unofficial "home of the billikens" sports bar would pay off. heck our money spends. i bet even the old crabby tight fisted tseugnekillib would show up a couple of times and sip a beer.

the way fox and wb11 have evolved, they now have better daily programming than old "i love lucy" or "gilligan's island" episodes. thus, it is my guess that aligning ourselves with someone other than charter would only insure we get even less away games on tv. overall that one fact makes the charter deal better than anything else.

most weekends in Chicago for the next three years so I'd definitely be willing to meet up somewhere but unless the game is on ESPN+ or Fox Sports sportsbars won't be able to receive it because of the Charter deal. You are more than welcome to come over to my place and listen to it on the internet (often an away broadcast since KMOX is still in the stone ages) but you risk being called insane (that is what she calls me) by my wife.

I travel a great deal for work, and frequent Chicago...and am familiar with landscape and watering holes.

SLU does need a better local tv deal.

SLU needs to dump this charter cable stuff and move to Fox Sports at minimum. This Charter Cable deal is a joke.

and St. Louis Sports bars? What Jacques(gotta love that awful name) doesn't light your fancy?....as he says with an overflow of sarcasm.

As an out of town fan, I am praying that the fox net deal with the a10 will mean I get away games.

The charter deal sucks for out of towners.

Roy, when I lived in Saint Louis there was a bar close to my house (5519 nottingham, 69103) that ran a shuttle to the games and carried the games. Don't remember the name of the place and it was not that great (food or tv wise) but they did support the billikens.

if fox sports would agree to televise every single road game, i am all for it. my guess is they wont do that. or we take second or third place to other sports teams. thus, the reason charter seems like a better deal to me.

realistically, the only other station that is logical for the Bills to be on is Fox Sports Midwest but Mizzou already has a contract with them. Since FSM cares about more than just St. Louis (it serves mid Missouri, Illinois, not to mention you can get it on satellite), it only makes sense for them to choose Mizzou over us. Mizzou and SLU seemingly play 5-6 times a year at the same time during the week. Those would all be dates that we won't be available on t.v.

Add in the other sports Charter shows plus the weekly coaches show and constant commercials whenever Charter has dead space, I can see why SLU made the deal.

Hoping that the A-10 gets a deal with Fox Sports Net as well.Still think The Brad Soderberg Show should be aired on FSM also.Any chance to see Billiken news anywhere.What about CSTV?

Why do we need to wait for the Billiken Club to initiate the event in the Busch Center? To my knowledge, the big screens and Charter cable access already exist in the Busch Center bar. Why don't you and SLUfanskip put together a few gatherings down at the Busch Center bar? All it probably takes is a phone call to the bar manager and a few posts on this message board.

The charter deals stinks for those of us living in the St. Louis metropolitan area where charter is not even available. I have no problem with Charter broadcasting the games if the would allow simulcasting on some other channels for some games!

I don't know what the answer is, but the only games I get to see are the ones at savvis or on the ESPN networks!

As an out of towner I like whatever our deal is. Last winter I got to watch two Sat games back to back and there were about 4 more during the season. We have comcast digital and for you other Dixie Billikens who have it, CUSA must have some kind of deal with CSN (believe that stands for Comcast Sports Network).

Comcast Sports Network broadcasts C-USA in the south but broadcasts an A-10 package in the northeast (PA, NJ, DE, MD, MA). I expect to benefit greatly with the change to the A-10.

NESN picks up A-10 conference games of the week. Fox Sports Net Ohio does a lot Xavier and Dayton games. Some Fox Sports picked up a C-USA Saturday afternoon package (I think the same ones CSN picked up).

How do we speed up the da#n clendar and just get the season here! I remember when Superman caused time to reverse by flying around the planet and changing the earth's rotation. Maybe he can speed up the earth's rotation and get the season here quicker. I think I'll give him a call. If suddenly you all are knocked off your feet, you wake up and it's cold out, and you all suddenly have a beard - then you'll know I succeeded in getting in touch.

Bring on the hoops! Da#n, now my adrenaline is kicking! I need to get my basketball fix soon or I may frickin implode!

The thing about the Charter deal for me is that it seems like amateur hour. I believe one of the main reasons we took that deal was to get the games on TV so the locals can view them. Well, it seems like they are having a hard time watching the games. Then when you add on the poor picture quality and graphics, it seems like a poor man's Fox Sports. It's obviously better than nothing, but if we are moving our program in the right direction, we will definetly need to get a better TV deal.

i am all for going to a better media outlet, however if that means we only get 5-6 games a year, then it doesnt help us. and i fear that is exactly what would happen at 11 or fox. possibly the saturday afternoon games that dont conflict with mi$$ouri would be the only ones they would be interested in showing. and even then, only if it is louisville, cincy, marquette, ..... no east carolina or houston, etc. that is why i say stay with charter until we are established. until then, we actually harm our viewing opps.