Game Time Bonnies vs SLU

CBFan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the deal with this driving into 2 or 3 guys 6" taller over and over. for real does anyone know? If I could ask coach what would answer be? I got to think this is not encouraged. in baseball if you're told not to swing and you do or steal when stop sign is on, I'm guessing your in trouble with the coach. i never played coached had a kid play yadayada so I don't know maybe coaches tell them to do it. Only one that did with any good results during the Shitastoic era was Miles at least he got fouled most the time. this time it killed momentum, didn't draw a foul or net and then Bonnies score on resulting in 2 fastbreak points.  Even in practice layups are missed, so why do they think it's a gimme when being guarded by 2 people

Sorry guys, I must not be a very good fan. Left the game at the half, they were behind by 31 points at that time. Glad to hear they are over the dreaded 20 pt mark by now. I think it will take a miracle for them to win this one but I am glad to hear they are doing better in the second half.

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

what is the deal with this driving into 2 or 3 guys 6" taller over and over. for real does anyone know? If I could ask coach what would answer be? I got to think this is not encouraged. in baseball if you're told not to swing and you do or steal when stop sign is on, I'm guessing your in trouble with the coach. i never played coached had a kid play yadayada so I don't know maybe coaches tell them to do it. Only one that did with any good results during the Shitastoic era was Miles at least he got fouled most the time. this time it killed momentum, didn't draw a foul or net and then Bonnies score on resulting in 2 fastbreak points.  Even in practice layups are missed, so why do they think it's a gimme when being guarded by 2 people

In a perfect world, Hines would not be playing.

In a less perfect world, Hines would understand that he's a walk-on playing against bigger, better competition at all times and therefore would not be compelled to attempt drives that result in difficult, contested shots.

In our world, our team lacks depth to such a degree that a walk-on is playing starter minutes and has complete freedom to take whatever shots he chooses, which just so happen to be poor shots 90% of the time.

Nice run down 14, FG 15-37 40.5%, FT 6-6, out rebounded 28-20, 12 turnovers 

Anyway, another run has us down 56-42 with 7:08 to play. 11-1 run, actually, since the last media timeout.

We will find out if this is part of a massive comeback or if the score is artificially close at this point.

FG 15-39, FT 9-10, 12 turnovers, out rebounded 32-21

Roby has 17 points

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

In a perfect world, Hines would not be playing.

In a less perfect world, Hines would understand that he's a walk-on playing against bigger, better competition at all times and therefore would not be compelled to attempt drives that result in difficult, contested shots.

In our world, our team lacks depth to such a degree that a walk-on is playing starter minutes and has complete freedom to take whatever shots he chooses, which just so happen to be poor shots 90% of the time.

well said. I don't mind him firing up 3's. seems to not force or try shtty low % ones from past the Arc.  another + he doesn't seem to get charging called on him much. btw I didn't say Hines (always thinking MB73 may be lurking) :)  wow did not know type a :  followed by ) made that smile pop up instead!

Agbeko hard foul has had enough of this.

I cannot take anymore either.

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Anyway, another run has us down 56-42 with 7:08 to play. 11-1 run, actually, since the last media timeout.

We will find out if this is part of a massive comeback or if the score is artificially close at this point.

Down 65-45 with 1:50 to play, I think we have our answer.

50 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Mark Adams commentary on what Travis Ford tell shis team at half, "Pray."  Well, there was more but that was the start.  Break it down into four minute segments and try to win as many as you can.  As this point I have refrained from cursing he-who-is-dead-to-me-and-recruited-all-this about a dozen times.

you mean Jim Crews. he should be named. this debacle should never be forgotten.

Horrible games for Crawford and Agbeko. We need more from our seniors. 26 minutes each, 4 points each.

Another rough night for Zeke.

Roby and Welmer had the best games on paper - Roby was very efficient on the offensive end - but each had plenty of struggles, too.

Johnson is still playing with more confidence. Not big numbers and still has a lot to learn, but his hard work is showing these past few games.

Not what we wanted coming off a win and heading to Dayton. Just a bad night, and an absolutely brutal first half. One of the worst I've seen, period.

Another loss, not unexpected, it is the way it is. We win when our players are scoring, a night with negligible scoring for both Crawford and Agbeko will leave us in the hole. We will see of course, I still think we can win a couple of other games. We will see.

Ty Graves was present at the game (a total of 5 black clad figures including Bishop and Graves), he is easy to identify, he is by far the smallest of the five.

Adams and mosley have to be the best guard tandem in the A10.    They are fun to watch.     

St Bonnie coach is a jackoff.  I think I hate him worse than any coach in the conference.   

Great to have the students back and a full band.    

Graves is small he better be rocket fast.