SLU v. Duquense - GDT

The only way that makes sense is if he was trying to get a real non conference schedule next year since teams had been afraid to schedule us. Now we look like a patsy schedule. Unless that was the move there was no need for this. And he displayed clear in game incompetence many times esp last year vs. Wichita State (we should've won and there would have been no undefeated year) so yea I think we can conclude.

Look I fully agree that things have gone in a downward trajectory with Crews. hIs first two seasons as head coach were damage control seasons. I count this season as his first real season, and I think every coach should get at least two seasons.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The positive of the game was it was close and they played with enthusiasm. Something we did not see the last 6 or 7 conference games.. Big negative, it was Duquesne and a team that is very beatable.

I read the post from my good friend Billiken05 concerning MY. I hate to say this but I have to agree. All conference season long (where the opposing players in the paint are a lot bigger and stronger) watched him drive to the basket only to get it cleanly slapped away. Even he gets the foul line its negated with missed free throws. JJ was able to compensate with a nice 10 foot pull up jumper but he has no outside shot. Also never see him kick it out.

If MY wants to contribute next year, he needs to work on the developing an outside shot and free throws. Tommy Liddell did it between his freshmen and sophomore year. I hope he does because he probably the most gifted player on the team. If wants to transfer and wants to play he will have to go low-low mid major conference, like a Western ILL.

I'll reiterate. Milik Yarbrough us the most selfish player I've ever seen in a Billikend uniform. If the staff can convince him to tone it down and play in a team context, I'm excited to have him. If he won't, he can't leave soon enough. I'm not optimistic.

Here's the thing about Yarbrough - even when he wasn't playing selfish, he got figured out by opposing coaches. He doesn't have a jump shot outside of 15 feet, he doesn't have the ball skills to consistently drive on guys, and his post moves are good, but Dwayne was better as a frosh.

Not only does he need to tone it down and play in a team context, but he needs to really improve a couple parts of his game. He can be a really good player though.

And not to keep piling it on the guy, but he needs to learn that defenses are so much better than what he's seen in high school. Sometimes it's not so much selfish as it is that he just doesn't realize that he's spinning right into a double team or that he's not the tallest guy out there anymore and he can't just go over guys.

Milik was 8-34 over his last 4 games. That's 23.5% which is lower than Yacoubou levels.