Putting Up Your Dukes (GDT)

Taj79

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop the fire stuff, he ain't going anywhere. You don't fire the two-time A10 COY playing with a team of essentially 10 newcomers. Chris May will not do that and I don't blame him for that given the unique circumstances of these last two years. Next year will be a different story as every player on this team will essentially be a Crews recruit. And if he hangs in the balance, who creates or maintains the established relationship with the newest savior FBJT? Do I agree with everything I just said? No but there is no sense even discussing it now.

We had a game plan, but for some reason we went away from it and MY got benched. What do I know?

That is the worst defensive team I have ever seen, yet we struggled to hit 60. This was an all around bad showing against a really bad team.

There's not much positive to take from this one after a nice home win against a better team.

-Bartley is going to be good, regardless of what a lot of people have said about him this year. Not just as a shooter, but as a PG. I like him.

-Gillmann is going to be good in the long run. Skilled big man.

-Yarbrough deserves more minutes.

We have a solid core to build around, and I'm not really sure why Crews is punting winnable games right now. Duquesne is HORRIBLY coached. There's just no reason to lose to that clown, even with some great talents in Mason and McKoy.

If Crews wasn't our coach next year, i'd be ok with that, but he ain't getting fired. But the defense of his decisions by some is befuddling. If JC was consistent in his "punishment" of players, I'd be ok with it.

It's befuddling when you don't know what's actually happening. We're making assumptions that it's based on play, could be. I don't know. Maybe he did something else when he came out of the game that warranted sitting that long. Coach Crews wasn't doing this the last 2 years. What's changed? The players.

Dayton beat Mason and St. Joe's surprised Umass. Welcome to Wednesday at the Barclays in the A10 folks. Saturday's game is likely the only one either us or Mason can hope to win.

There's not much positive to take from this one after a nice home win against a better team.

-Bartley is going to be good, regardless of what a lot of people have said about him this year. Not just as a shooter, but as a PG. I like him.

-Gillmann is going to be good in the long run. Skilled big man.

-Yarbrough deserves more minutes.

We have a solid core to build around, and I'm not really sure why Crews is punting winnable games right now. Duquesne is HORRIBLY coached. There's just no reason to lose to that clown, even with some great talents in Mason and McKoy.

Agreed

I would love to see MY's plus/minus tonight.

It's -8 that number was, -13 if I recall correctly before he came in for garbage time vs. a team that was playing a walk-on.

It's befuddling when you don't know what's actually happening. We're making assumptions that it's based on play, could be. I don't know. Maybe he did something else when he came out of the game that warranted sitting that long. Coach Crews wasn't doing this the last 2 years. What's changed? The players.

Definitely wasn't Milik's play. He was on all night.

I've been down on Agbeko but he was better in this game than in the last (when others were higher on him than I was).

Manning is such a dud.

McBroom is a dud.

Lancona and Jolly are stiffs.

Crawford should be much better.