Conklin Smash the Sweater Vests: SLU-Dayton GDT

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Crews did a really bad job with subs in this game. We had a good thing going early in the second and then it just fell apart.

We were hot from the 3. Can't expect that to continue. No game plan to exploit the one advantage we had in this game.

JC brings in the walk-ons. Why not? We haven't been able to explain anything else today.

This has to be among the strangest games I have seen SLU play in years.

I agree with the above, despite the 16 point deficit, this game could have been won.

SLU shot 5-15, 33% at the free throws. That's about what my 8th Graders shot in the CYO B League.

SLU was 17-46 from the floor, 37%; 6-17 on 3's, 35.3%.

SLU was outrebounded 36-31 by a team playing only 7 players, none taller than 6'6". SLU had 15 turnovers, to UD's 12. SLU had only 9 assists, thus a poor assist-turnover ratio.

But those free throws, ... there is just no excuse for college players shooting 33% at the free throw line, none, nada.

VCU game should be fun

I thought Bartley handled the ball really well. He will most certainly be challenged, but it will be a good learning experience for the guards.

I'm mainly disappointed because despite the poor shooting, the lineup combinations just didn't seem effective today. That's on the coaching staff.

The freshmen need to learn how to defend and not foul. Standing and grabbing doesn't work at D1. Roby is the only one who knows how to move his feet.

Agreed. And rotational defense is still a mystery to most of our guys.

I'm also sick of Jolly looking surprised and skeptical that the refs called a foul on him. He fouls more than anybody