Xavier or NC State? Informed opinions?

Seems that 33% of all brackets turned in to ESPN so far today have SLU being upset in the first round to either X or NC State. How far we have fallen so it will be a surprise to them when we hit the Final Four. We are bracket busters!?!

Despite how poorly worded that was, +10.

I like being the underdog. And there's a whole new brand of SLU-haters out there today, or at least at St. Pius X high school... Let's shut 'em up.

Despite how poorly worded that was, +10.

I like being the underdog. And there's a whole new brand of SLU-haters out there today, or at least at St. Pius X high school... Let's shut 'em up.

I am so sorry for my wording. I did not realize we get graded on this board.

The 5v12 matchup has always been ripe for upsets, and we're a struggling team. I imagine a lot of people are ready to doubt us. Who cares, ###### the haters.

People are going with NC State/Xavier over us likely for several reasons. First, we've lost 4 of the last 5, so people (maybe rightfully so) think we were overseeded as a 5 seed. Second, people generally feel the need to pick at least 1 or 2 upsets so they can feel like they're really smart if the upset happens, and the 5-12 games are typically the popular upset picks. Finally, even if we win, the thought is that Louisville is a team playing at a 1 or 2 seed level right now, but on the 4 line. Basically, the upset pick is a safe opportunity for people to look like a prognosticator.

Seems that 33% of all brackets turned in to ESPN so far today have SLU being upset in the first round to either X or NC State. How far we have fallen so it will be a surprise to them when we hit the Final Four. We are bracket busters!?!

I suspect that if you looked at all electronic brackets through history, the number of people picking us to make the sweet 16 will be lower than any other 5 seed, ever.

Speaks partly to how under seeded Louisville was and how over-seeded we may have been. Doesn't mean we can't win, just that people don't expect us to.

I don't care who of these two teams we play. If we continue to play like we have we will lose to either. If we get back to what we were doing for the vast majority of the year we should beat either and take our chance against Louisville. Who cares who we play. Lets play much better defense and get the rebounds we should. That's all that really matters.

I don't care who of these two teams we play. If we continue to play like we have we will lose to either. If we get back to what we were doing for the vast majority of the year we should beat either and take our chance against Louisville. Who cares who we play. Lets play much better defense and get the rebounds we should. That's all that really matters.

+1000