Anyone feeling really confident today?

slu72

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Student section of the year? According to who?? Spike Lee??? Wow, between that AND your HAVOC warmups we should just forfeit the game........

VCU won the 2013 Naismith Award for best student section. We were preceded by Kansas.

Can't fault fans for being proud. The SLU game is the 49th straight sellout, can't be down on our fan base for any reason.

No. You guys have never played in a place like VCU. We're undefeated at home. We were student section of the year last year. Our students have been camping out in tents in front since Wednesday.

You're in for a hell of a shock.

Our home court is as tough as any in the country.

Dude. Put down the yellow kool aid for a second.

Stop saying these guys haven't played anywhere like at your place. These seniors played @Duke as freshmen. Don't embarrass yourself and say it's better than Cameron Indoor.

VCU won the 2013 Naismith Award for best student section. We were preceded by Kansas.

Can't fault fans for being proud. The SLU game is the 49th straight sellout, can't be down on our fan base for any reason.

It seats 7500. Big deal. Let's not act like they are packing them in like UK. Hell people get down on Slus attendance numbers but we would have that many if we played in a glamorous high school gym.

It seats 7500. Big ###### deal. Let's not act like they are packing them in like UK. Hell people get down on Slus attendance numbers but we would have that many if we played in a glamorous high school gym.

According to your school's website, you only had 6,404 in attendance against Wofford this year.

So no, you would not.

I am holding my tongue until around 8:00.

You'll see.

I've seen games at your high school gym this year. Nothing to wait and see. See jmm28's post above.

I'm being honest that I don't know the name of the VCU gym off the top of my head. I can tell you the great home court advantage arenas/gyms though.

Also - isn't it VCUs dirty little sellout secret that they have given away several thousand tickets over that stretch to maintain their sellout streak?

I'm being honest that I don't know the name of the VCU gym off the top of my head. I can tell you the great home court advantage arenas/gyms though.

Also - isn't it VCUs dirty little sellout secret that they have given away several thousand tickets over that stretch to maintain their sellout streak?

Nope, they've actually risen the prices for single game tickets and season tickets. Pushing out some fans. There are also more corporate seats.

The thing that has changed, is a student claiming policy. If some students do not claim their tickets by a certain time, then the university will sell their tickets, which are already sold technically, with student tuition (mandatory athletics fees).

Maybe you were talking about the Indianpolis Colts, when they were about to have a media blackout for their playoff game this year.

This is true.

I fear most all of the motivation factors favor VCU today. I hope we want to bounce back after the embarrassment, but VCU still has so many more reasons to need this game and be fired up 100%, we do not have those motivations.

It seats 7500. Big ###### deal. Let's not act like they are packing them in like UK. Hell people get down on Slus attendance numbers but we would have that many if we played in a glamorous high school gym.

If we wanted to fit more than 7500 people we'd play in your mom's va....gina

This. That barn looks like it doubles as conference rooms A-C at the downtown Holiday Inn & Conference Center.

If we wanted to fit more than 7500 people we'd play in your mom's va....gina

A 'your mom' joke. Creativity at its finest.

Your team sure wasn't confident playing us on a floor that isn't theirs.

Please copy and paste my quote that predicted slu was going to win. I had this one chalked up as a loss. Thanks in advance.