The Invisible Hand of Home-Court Advantage Kenpom

UpperdeckKid

Ken Pom's argument also provides support for The Wiz Top 25, which has Syracuse at #17. After reading this article that rating makes a lot of sense.

Not really. Kenpom has them ranked #3. He was just saying people shouldn't discount the fact they haven't played many road games

There are few coaches who manage their schedule better than Boeheim. Other than early season tourneys, the Orange rarely travel in their OOC schedule. And any game in NYC is a home game for SU.

I would say there are few coaches who manage their schedule worse than Boeheim. I'd rather have my team be battle tested. The way they schedule is a farce

I would say there are few coaches who manage their schedule worse than Boeheim. I'd rather have my team be battle tested. The way they schedule is a farce

Agreed. He's a fricken rabbit, yellow, cowardly. He's a poltroon. Boehieim is the reason the NCAA put bumped up the RPI calculation for road games. Not enough apparently.............

There are few coaches who manage their schedule better than Boeheim. Other than early season tourneys, the Orange rarely travel in their OOC schedule. And any game in NYC is a home game for SU.

Agreed. He's a fricken rabbit, yellow, cowardly. He's a poltroon. Boehieim is the reason the NCAA put bumped up the RPI calculation for road games. Not enough apparently.............

-i am not a Boeheim fan, not at all, but tough to argue with 4 final fours with 4 different rosters

-i am not a Boeheim fan, not at all, but tough to argue with 4 final fours with 4 different rosters

I'd argue if he played on the road every once in a while he would have gone to 12 final fours with 12 different rosters. Several great teams of his have choked early in the NCAAs because they are not used to any adversity. The talent level on his teams save for Duke and Kentucky with Calipari has been consistently the best in the nation since the late 80s.

I just caught the Cuse-Pitt re-run on ESPNU. That Ennis is money. Also luck.

Coach Crews said, you have to have luck. We had it this year in maintaining this win streak (okay the WSU game). Its nice for a change, as a long time Bills fan, usually the luck goes against us. Never forgot that Bryant shot against the #1 previous national champion AZ.

I had a chance to briefly meet Boeheim at the Final Four when it was in St. Louis. I was in HS at the time. He was walking down the concourse and I stopped him to say hello and ask for a picture with him. He didn't say a word just stopped looked at the camera and then continued on without saying anything. I yelled thanks at him as he sped off.

I know it is probably annoying to be stopped by random people, but he came off as a real jerk and I've disliked Syracuse/Boehiem ever since.