Fordham from the MD couch ....

Taj79

P.S. ---- getting a lot of love around the nation .... they talked about us on the Rhodey game, the Dayton game and the VCU game. JordairJett is one hellova celebrity right now. Stan van Gundy has him drafted ---- into the NFL!!!!

Are they even Division 1? And why would the NY state player of the year go to Fordham? That's all I got .... cakewalk.

Because he's from Brooklyn and Fordham is in the Bronx? He blew up late in his Sr. year and it came down to Wake and Fordham. He chose immediate playing time and playing close to home. After watching him today my first thought is that he's a potential transfer. Very talented.

Let me reply to the Fordham bashing........

There are a C- team....this is the best they have been in a while.

Yes, they will battle Duq for the cellar but they are a decent team....we whupped em because we are good. Ford was a team averaging 76pt/ game ....we held them to 10 pts below their lowest total. We shut down a couple of their best players.....a tremendous effort by the Bills D.

No, this is not a quality win but it is way better than beating SIU-E ( F ) and NC A&T (F )

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are.

Let me reply to the Fordham bashing........

There are a C- team....this is the best they have been in a while.

Yes, they will battle Duq for the cellar but they are a decent team....we whupped em because we are good. Ford was a team averaging 76pt/ game ....we held them to 10 pts below their lowest total. We shut down a couple of their best players.....a tremendous effort by the Bills D.

No, this is not a quality win but it is way better than beating SIU-E ( F ) and NC A&T (F )

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are.

I respect your work, but give me SIUE vs. Fordham today on a neutral court and I'm taking SIUE. Fordham is garbage. That was the most uninspired basketball I've seen us play in years and we still won by 20+.

I couldn't disagree more. Sometimes you just break a team's will, especially when they've traveled 1200 miles to receive their worst ass kicking of the year. That team had a lot more talent than SIUE.

+1 And our defense (like other aspects our game/team) is much improved since SEMO.

Ford by 9 over SIU-E on a neutral court.

That is a significant difference.

If these teams played 10 times on a neutral court.......SIU-E loses them all.

In fact, in the battle of the F's,...NC A&T by 1 over SIU-E.

Ford by 9 over SIU-E on a neutral court.

That is a significant difference.

If these teams played 10 times on a neutral court.......SIU-E loses them all.

In fact, in the battle of the F's,...NC A&T by 1 over SIU-E.

Does that make SIU-E's win over Murry an upset?

Does that make SIU-E's win over Murry an upset?

I had Murray ( D+ ) by 4 over SIU-E ( F ). So even though I hate the "U" word, when you are an F team every win is an upset. This was a "quality win" for SIU-E.

And for those keeping score....yes, Fordham by 2 over Murray.

To be fair, I've always liked what Brendan Frazier brought to the table. At 6'3" he seemed a nice complimentary piece to a puzzle, just not the main man. I'd take him for my roster (beware, this is the same guy who likes Raphael Putney from Umass!). Also, didn't Mandell Thomas play us well last year in the Bronx? And I recall Travion Leonard doing well there too until the Ellis/Evans show took over. Must be the huge difference between life on the road and home cooking. Like Pecora said, they are so young, he cuts their meat. I'm still of the opinion that the A10 needs to "replace" Fordham, Duquesne and the Bonnies. For their good and for the A10.

NY does have five boroughs and Brooklyn is one as is the Bronx but for Severe to go there, i just don't know. Wake would seem more appropriate altho I am not sure a Brooklyn kid can adjust and live in Winston-Salem,NC. But others have. Roster has him at 6'3" as well but Frazier looked taller. Kid can do it but is too selfish right now. He hoisted 25 of their 62 shots or 40%. With Frazier's additional ten,the two guards put up 35 of their 62 for 56.5% of their shots. If I'm on that team, my patience would grow thin.

And we got a Mike McCall sighting! Tuesday to Duquesne.

I expect maybe a two spot climb in the polls tomorrow --- #20 Creighton and #21 Pitt both lost on the road.

To be fair, I've always liked what Brendan Frazier brought to the table. At 6'3" he seemed a nice complimentary piece to a puzzle, just not the main man. I'd take him for my roster (beware, this is the same guy who likes Raphael Putney from Umass!). Also, didn't Mandell Thomas play us well last year in the Bronx? And I recall Travion Leonard doing well there too until the Ellis/Evans show took over. Must be the huge difference between life on the road and home cooking. Like Pecora said, they are so young, he cuts their meat. I'm still of the opinion that the A10 needs to "replace" Fordham, Duquesne and the Bonnies. For their good and for the A10.

NY does have five boroughs and Brooklyn is one as is the Bronx but for Severe to go there, i just don't know. Wake would seem more appropriate altho I am not sure a Brooklyn kid can adjust and live in Winston-Salem,NC. But others have. Roster has him at 6'3" as well but Frazier looked taller. Kid can do it but is too selfish right now. He hoisted 25 of their 62 shots or 40%. With Frazier's additional ten,the two guards put up 35 of their 62 for 56.5% of their shots. If I'm on that team, my patience would grow thin.

And we got a Mike McCall sighting! Tuesday to Duquesne.

I expect maybe a two spot climb in the polls tomorrow --- #20 Creighton and #21 Pitt both lost on the road.

I agree Severe looked shorter and honestly his 6'3" listing was a coach trying to make him look good. He is a good player and like I said earlier don't be surprised if he transfers - St. Johns would be a nice fit if he wants to stay close to home or even Seton Hall. Maybe they shot so much because that is all they have. The problem with replace those 3 teams is who do you get - when Butler, Charlotte, Temple, and X left we got George Mason and Davidson - hardly upgrades. Do your really just want to replace teams with others of equal quality and national exposure. Might as well stay pat given what our options are.

@cheese --- I don't have a good answer as to who to replace them with. Just saying that unless they do something drastic, there is likely no hope. Which will impact the A10 negatively going forward.

Now, I expect brownindian to bash me for it and miracles do happen. See Lanier, Bob or Nicholson, Andrew. But that is once every 40 years or so and if you are content with that, so be it. Remember, the Bonnies have the cheapest win per expenditures ($88k) for all of college basketball. Some thing to be proud of in there somewhere. Schmidt's best bet was to ride Nicholson to a better job but he lost that edge. Now, he's just another waiting to be fired.

Duquesne is behind Robert Morris in the local Pittsburgh lay of the land. And Fordham basketball is totally irrelevant.

The Bills' best bet remain expansion of the new Big East. The trend for the A10 is downward with the loss of Butler, Temple, Charlotte and Xavier. If we go next, along with Richmond or Dayton, it doesn't look good for the A10.

John Severe the NY state player of the year went to Fordham in order to be closer to home. That is the only reason. The Bonnies were recruiting hard and actually thought he was going to chose Bonas.

Brendan Frazier is a little b---ch.

taj79 " A10 needs to "replace" Fordham, Duquesne and the Bonnies. " I disagree totally. St Louis came to the A10 crawling on their hands and knees begging to join our league. Don't worry, I'm sure that your team will bail out and you guys will be posting what a mistake it was because you can't beat Mizzou and all the rest of the teams in the new Sunset League.

​The A10 is an East Coast thing - stay out in the Mid-West were you feel more comfortable and don't have to travel to places unknown.

St Bonaventure home of the Brown Indians

John Severe the NY state player of the year went to Fordham in order to be closer to home. That is the only reason. The Bonnies were recruiting hard and actually thought he was going to chose Bonas.

taj79 " A10 needs to "replace" Fordham, Duquesne and the Bonnies. " I disagree totally. St Louis came to the A10 crawling on their hands and knees begging to join our league. Don't worry, I'm sure that your team will bail out and you guys will be posting what a mistake it was because you can't beat Mizzou and all the rest of the teams in the new Sunset League.

​The A10 is an East Coast thing - stay out in the Mid-West were you feel more comfortable and don't have to travel to places unknown.

Man, are there different history books in the Himilayas?

St. Bonaventure men's basketball always has been, and will always continue to be a steaming pile of irrelevant. Just stop...

@brownie ---- let me help you and the admin out. Here are some more East Coast leagues. You and the other two stooges should consider these ---- your chances of going to the NCAAs would increase to slim (but increases nonetheless): America East (van rides to Binghamton), the Metro Atlantic (you own Canisius and Niagara already), the Northeast (get in these with your other Saint buddies the Francises), and maybe even the Patriot.

By the way, the only thing Olean has that would be close to home for a Brooklyn kid is "NY" is in the mailing address. Even the Pony Express knows that.

Much like finding that Nicholson gem as an unknown in Canada,Schmidt is still hoping. Kloof = Suriname. Runs = Netherlands. Wright = Canada. And Ndoye and Toupane = Senegal. Are the good fathers of Bonas (what do you do with all those bonas anyway) funding these recruiting trips or are these guys brought in sight unseen? Keep trying. Nicholson has been gone now two years; only 38 more to go!