Board game... this time for real

RUBillsFan

I came to this thread thinking that someone was making a Bills-themed Monopoly or planning a Billikens.com board game night.

This is disappointing.

This could actually be a fun exercise. Who/what would be each of the monopoly properties if you did a Billiken themed monopoly?

Dark Blue

Board Walk -

Park Place -

Green

Pennsylvania Ave -

North Carolina Ave -

Pacific Ave -

Yellow

Marvin Gardens -

Ventnor Ave -

Atlantic Ave -

Red

Illinois Ave

Indiana Ave

Kentucky Ave

Orange

New York Ave -

Tennessee Ave -

St. James Place -

Pink

Virginia Ave -

States Ave -

St. Charles Place -

Light Blue

Connecticut Ave

Vermont Ave

Oriental Ave

Purple

Baltic Ave -

Mediterranean Ave -

Railroads

Reading -

Pennsylvania -

B & O -

Short Line -

Utilities

Electric Company -

Water Works -

Not sure how to categorize them, but here some obvious ones:

Places: Chaifetz Arena, Kiel Center, West Pine Gym, Billiken Statue

Coaches: Rick Majerus, Spoon, Grawer, Eddie Hickey

Players: Easy Ed, Bonner, Hughes, Claggett, Highmark, Kwamain

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure the great coaches could be the railroads.

Spoon, Hickey, RickMa, and Grawer.

I was thinking the same thing. Those 4 coaches are the railroads and then maybe Chaifetz Arena and West Pine as the two utilities. Then have all of the regular properties as players. You could even loosely group the players by their era such as

-Claggs, Highmark H

-Bonner, Gray, Douglass

-Lisch, Liddell, Vouyoukas

Maybe Boardwalk & Park Place could be the Billiken and Dr. Chaifetz.

Edit: Okay. I'm putting the board together tonight if I get bored and have some time.

I was thinking the same thing. Those 4 coaches are the railroads and then maybe Chaifetz Arena and West Pine as the two utilities. Then have all of the regular properties as players. You could even loosely group the players by their era such as

-Claggs, Highmark H

-Bonner, Gray, Douglass

Edit: Okay. I'm putting the board together tonight if I get bored and have some time.

McCall, Jett, Evans would be a good combo (not adding Loe only because there's no other groups of 4 besides the Railroads).

-Claggs, Highmark H

-Bonner, Gray, Douglass

I think I speak for the whole thread when I say to post a picture of the board if you do. Neat idea

I think I speak for the whole thread when I say to post a picture of the board if you do. Neat idea

This is what I have so far (sorry for the large image)...

0OahkVt.png

Also, I'm doing this on a laptop, so the hand-drawing with the track pad looks awful (I'll probably end up scrapping the whole middle area and re-doing it.

Still need to add the players in (I might have problems finding good images of the older players) and come up with something for "Chance", "Community Chest", and "Luxury Tax". Perhaps "Shot Attempt", "Scholarship Fund", and "Ticketmaster Fees". I'm thinking of adding Dr. Chaifetz as the Uncle Pennybags character.

If I get real ambitious, I may write out "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards. Something like "Ron Ekker takes over the program, lose a turn", "Family member of 5-star local recruit has an illness, collect $25 from each player", "Guy Phillips gets your name wrong, lose $100", etc. The problems is that somehow I don't have an actual Monopoly game at my house and I need one to sort of mirror the actual cards.

I'm thinking stars instead of houses and then a 5 stars would be the equivalent of a hotel. The tokens could be a basketball, a hoop, a Billiken, an arena, a seat, etc. I'm thinking a Billiken head on all of the money.

You're ranked #122 preseason. Pay $100

The Wiz ranks you in his top 10. Collect $100

You're rumored to join the Big East. College $500

Somebody suggests you join the MVC. Pay everything you have. Matt Dickey hits a game winning 3. Collect $300

MB73 starts a thread on Billikens.com. Pay $200

You join Billikens.com. Collect $25

You join BillikenReport.com. Pay $25

______(insert name of ref) is officating your game. Pay $50

You're ranked #122 preseason. Pay $100

The Wiz ranks you in his top 10. Collect $100

You're rumored to join the Big East. College $500

Somebody suggests you join the MVC. Pay everything you have. Matt Dickey hits a game winning 3. Collect $300

MB73 starts a thread on Billikens.com. Pay $200

You join Billikens.com. Collect $25

You join BillikenReport.com. Pay $25

______(insert name of ref) is officating your game. Pay $50

That one is the kill card. If you draw it, you automatically lose.

Here is the completed board (subject to change if I feel like it):

9iXgdZ9.png

Some explanations:

-I used Microsoft Paint to make this whole thing because I do not have ( and do not know of a free) better software. Therefore, I apologize for it being somewhat crappy.

-I used the 4 great coaches for the 4 railroads.

-Rammer and Earl are the 2 utilities.

-"Shot for Cash" is chance and "Scholarship Fund" is community chest.

-I decided to use the 4 retired numbers/retired jersey players for the 2 groups of 2 and then group 3 players from the same team/era for the other properties.

-I used more recent players because that is what I know and it was easier to find pictures.

-I tried to get the best players from the NCAA tournament teams in and somewhat ranked the groups based on how successful they were. I threw in the early Soderberg NIT group to get Marque Perry on the board and the late Soderberg group to get Lisch/Liddell on there.

-I used the same placements and $ as original monopoly.

I'll probably work on the other stuff (Chance/Community chest cards, money, tokens) if I have time and post additional pictures of them.

Edit: Yes, I get bored when there is too much time in between games.

Here is the completed board (subject to change if I feel like it):

9iXgdZ9.png

Some explanations:

-I used Microsoft Paint to make this whole thing because I do not have ( and do not know of a free) better software. Therefore, I apologize for it being somewhat crappy.

-I used the 4 great coaches for the 4 railroads.

-Rammer and Earl are the 2 utilities.

-"Shot for Cash" is chance and "Scholarship Fund" is community chest.

-I decided to use the 4 retired numbers/retired jersey players for the 2 groups of 2 and then group 3 players from the same team/era for the other properties.

-I used more recent players because that is what I know and it was easier to find pictures.

-I tried to get the best players from the NCAA tournament teams in and somewhat ranked the groups based on how successful they were. I threw in the early Soderberg NIT group to get Marque Perry on the board and the late Soderberg group to get Lisch/Liddell on there.

-I used the same placements and $ as original monopoly.

I'll probably work on the other stuff (Chance/Community chest cards, money, tokens) if I have time and post additional pictures of them.

Edit: Yes, I get bored when there is too much time in between games.

This is brilliant. However much time this took you, it was time well spent.