GDT WSU

slu72

Nobody is saying that McBroom height is a detriment to his offense. They are talking about impacting his d against bigger guards.

How about some offense-defense substitutions at crunch time?

During that 9-0 WSU run, WSU made 6 free throws. There were multiple clock stopped opportunities to get McBroom in that game on offense.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part we try and be civil on here in regards to our players. But JB playing most of the 2nd half in a statement game has everyone scratching their heads. His shots looked horrible. And if we can't figure out how to score against a zone D we are toast. We needed a sniper in there for the last 3 minutes, and JB is no sniper.

How about some offense-defense substitutions at crunch time?

During that 9-0 WSU run, WSU made 6 free throws. There were multiple clock stopped opportunities to get McBroom in that game on offense.

You won't find me defending Crews on who he had out there and when he had them out there.

RA may not be ready yet as in, after a very short period of time the opponent he guards can beat him.

Having Barnett in for rebounding doesn't work as they won't guard him because he can't get separation and after a short period our guards won't throw him the ball.

Today we saw some brilliant play and passes from DE to RL nnd to DE but we were lost when we were not scoring off steals and forced turnovers

We go up 14-4 quickly and then JC makes wholesale substitutions including TL and GG. We get out scored 20-2 soon thereafter. I don't get the wholesale subs, the lack of calling a timeout, etc. crews had a bad one today.

Yeah, that's a pretty fair assessment.

Jordair had maybe his worst game in a SLU uniform as well. Just a tough day against a good team.

I'm seven shades of pissed off about it, but there's nothing that can be done now.

Yeah, that's a pretty fair assessment.

Jordair had maybe his worst game in a SLU uniform as well. Just a tough day against a good team.

I'm seven shades of pissed off about it, but there's nothing that can be done now.

what can be done is a public outcry against playing Barnett ever again

We lost to a good team. Nonetheless, Crews really needs to drill the team on how to attack a zone. Our lack of outside shooting will make teams want to throw a zone at us. Also, Wichita State got too many offensive rebounds. Our forwards often got caught not boxing out or jumping up with one hand. Barnett didn't play well but he is certainly not the only one to blame here.

People apparently didn't like butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid..

:)

Seriously though. This is the #12 team in the country. They might be better than last years Final Four team. Baker and Early are 2 of the better players we see this year. We only lost by 5. The melt downs here are laughable. Even if we don't like Crews, I enjoyed this game and the atmosphere at Chaifetz more than all but a couple of games from when I was a student. I know we expect more now than then but this loss isn't at all bad.

Really liked the defensive intensity, good to see us forcing TOs and making it tough for them to run their offense. Had a tough time with Baker and his penetration which kind of surprised me. The offense was rather tentative against the zone. Jett made a 3 late in one possession late in the game where we never even looked to make a play and there were too many possessions similar to that. We really bailed them out when they went on their 1st half run forcing perimeter shots early in the clock. I thought the 1st half substitutions were strange as well going with all bench guys and Jett at one point fairly early in the game, I would have preferred working the bench into the game and keeping the hot hands in and keeping it tough on them to score. Need to be more aggressive regardless of the defense and that is why we needed McBroom in the game over Jake, it is clear Jake has not progressed into the player we had hoped. We really struggled when we had to run offense which has been the case a number of times so far this season. We looked good when we really pressured them on defense and then attacked on offense. It was nice to see Evans get back in the paint in the 2nd half, was a beast in the 2nd half. The guy needs to be in the paint where he is a mismatch, he is an easy guard on the perimeter. Loe had a really nice game and it was nice seeing him finish in the paint. Manning does not look good. We just needed to make the plays late, maybe that is where losing Mitchell and Ellis hurts.

Seriously though. This is the #12 team in the country. They might be better than last years Final Four team. Baker and Early are 2 of the better players we see this year. We only lost by 5. The melt downs here are laughable. Even if we don't like Crews, I enjoyed this game and the atmosphere at Chaifetz more than all but a couple of games from when I was a student. I know we expect more now than then but this loss isn't at all bad.

A home loss is never a good thing. Difficult week.

Teams that want to be consistent top 25 teams don't lose big games at home. You want to be big time, don't lose big time games at home. This post is laughable. Stick to your small time SIUC basketball.